Sign in to follow this  
hoopman130

Killing yourself

So i was in the school in elektro and i glitched through a wall. no possible way to get out (believe me, I've been trying) and there appears to be no way out except death. So it got me thinking, why not have an option to kill yourself? not make it all bloody and gory, but just click a button in the menu you can bring up in game and you respawn? What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Survival game with suicide button, nice.

Newspawns will not even have to climb rock or suicide tower to kill themselves anymore.

• Like 4

Survival game with suicide button, nice.

Newspawns will not even have to climb rock or suicide tower to kill themselves anymore.

so they you're saying its fair for me to just sit in a glitched out room, slowly starving to death and not being able to actually play the game?

are you running against the wall and vaulting?

it takes some time to do this but you will glitch back through.

I was just doing it for probably 5 minutes, but i guess if its the only option i have i might as well keep doing it!

I would also like to see a "Suicide"-button - and if only while in Alpha Stage.

As most people here tend to cry for more "realism" a suicide-button would perfectly make sense, because upon being locked into a room most people would propably commit suicide if they have the possibility to do so... if you want it to be realistic, why not give people the option to use your gun on yourself?

Edited by DerDuderich
  • Like 1

I would also like to see a "Suicide"-button - and if only while in Alpha Stage.

As most people here tend to cry for more "realism" a suicide-button would perfectly make sense, because upon being locked into a room most people would propably commit suicide if they have the possibility to do so... if you want it to be realistic, why not give people the option to use your gun on yourself?

Gotta always carry a rotten fruit with you or desinfecant untill than.

• Like 1

Sometimes there are doors in certain buildings, which upon looking at them, the symbol comes up to say you can open them but you can't. So you run around the rest of the house, then back past the door that's supposedly "not opened" but actually is and you glitch through it. This happened to me in one of the buildings in the villages, the door on the bottom floor comes up with the symbol to show you can open it but you cant, but somehow when I ran past it again. I went through the door and under the building and got stuck as there was no room on the other side. Took me a while to figure out HOW I actually ended up under the building. 

I don't know whether its a known bug or whether it was just a one off glitch that made it look like what I just explained, but I thought I'd mention it just in case that's what happened to you!

Get into a running animation then press your vault key to put your character into the hopping animation, after that quickly leave the server while vaulting into the wall mid animation and rejoin another server. This happens all the time and that is how I get out of those glitchy spots.

Edited by LeeFriendField

Sometimes there are doors in certain buildings, which upon looking at them, the symbol comes up to say you can open them but you can't. So you run around the rest of the house, then back past the door that's supposedly "not opened" but actually is and you glitch through it. This happened to me in one of the buildings in the villages, the door on the bottom floor comes up with the symbol to show you can open it but you cant, but somehow when I ran past it again. I went through the door and under the building and got stuck as there was no room on the other side. Took me a while to figure out HOW I actually ended up under the building. 

I don't know whether its a known bug or whether it was just a one off glitch that made it look like what I just explained, but I thought I'd mention it just in case that's what happened to you!

It's well known and widely exploited bug. Wall glitch.

As the alpha progresses and bugs are fixed, a suicide option to escape glitches, bugs or even cheats or exploits, will become less and less usefull.

I'd rather have the devs focus on fixing these things than have them implement such a suicide option, which will likely be exploited by too many people, just to get a better spawnpoint.

And yeah, there might be ways to implement it, so that it prevents suicides, but still that would take time to implement, test and roll out.

Edited by Baarn

You should only be able to suicide if you have a gun or some sort of sharp object. Like blowing your brains out or slitting your wrists. Oh even hanging yourself with a rope. I don't think it should be lame like a respawn button that just randomly kills you with no explanation. BUT!... There should be an option at the start menu to create a new character.

Leave suicide for dark tones that keep the game authentic, and leave getting out of sticky situations to a menu options. 

Get into a running animation then press your vault key to put your character into the hopping animation, after that quickly leave the server while vaulting into the wall mid animation and rejoin another server. This happens all the time and that is how I get out of those glitchy spots.

after the last patch your guy will just stop and sit down for 30 seconds.

• Like 1

so they you're saying its fair for me to just sit in a glitched out room, slowly starving to death and not being able to actually play the game?

I think the issue is the building, not the lack of suicide button.

Fresh spawns are sure to abuse it if they didn't get the spawn they like.

I'd be for a suicide button if there was a harsh time penalty

Edited by solodude23

If you have a gun or a melee weapon (or something like a razor) you should be able to, but otherwise no.

• Like 1

there will be something like that...you'd be able to shoot yourself with your sidearm, is on the trailer as well

• Like 3

I believe Rocket talked about working on the suicide animations for rifles, pistols, and knives, so I assume we'll be seeing it soon

• Like 1