Sign in to follow this  
cenobite (DayZ)

My first run in w/ hackers (possible)

Server loot loot loot 24/7 day

I logged into a building near the east end fire station in ele...  When I log I hear someone talking to me, which Im assuming Ima get killed, but nothing.  I look around in the room im in, nothing, down the stairs nothing, down the hallway nothing... BUT they keep talking to me "red back pack man, drop your back pack etc"  but i still cant see them. I put myself in a corner only ONE way to get me, they count down and say now were gonna kill you.. Next thing i know 2 guys just "APPEAR"  in-front of me and open fire.

Now, Ive played mod since it came out, and SA since it came out. I heard the hacking was getting worse in SA. like the mod, at first I was pretty sure that was bs, but does anyone know if there is a teleporting hack out there?  Such as have you experienced what i just did?  Maybe it was lag, though my game was running 100% fine, but really, when ppl just appear in front of you and open fire,  no log in, no running, no moving. APPEAR + fire.

I dont care as when you play free games  hacking runs wild,  but SA seemed void of hackers, now this is the second time, some odd ball shit has happened to me in last 2 days.

Anyone else?

Could be a telephoning hack, could be the glitching in the building plus some desync.

For what its worth I've yet to see a hacker in 100+ hours.

Sounds like the guy was glitched inside the wall at the bottom of the firehouse. I'd think if you saw a hacker jumping 30 feet at a time while running then you would be correct.

Edited by illville502

seems odd that they count down and then appear.

I have been shot through buildings before, so it is possible it was hackers.

I have seen the vid's of some of the hacks avail for SA, but have not checked lately if a teleport was released.

some have reported that the server they were on was mass teleported.

I was ESP and then teleported on.  Will be waiting til next update to play again to see if the importaint fixes have been dealt with rather then a new gun or backpack

Yeah just weird, that until the recent patch this week I have yet to feel like ive been killed by a hacker,  but to see "we can see you"  and i was down the hall, even if they glitched and saw me at an angle the removes the floor above you,  the fact after his count down, he APPEARED...  Not ran up on me, not logged in, no moved out of a doorway or wall.. APPEARED in crotch form and immediately shot me. Though I tried shooting back, one of the two just sat there and took the the hits. (357 so i doubt it did much)

its the concern of him appearing out of nowhere on me, that makes me think there might be some hacks out there.  Again until the newest patch, ive logged well over 150-200 hours of SA, not once have i felt someone was playing dirty. 

/shrug  Again just wondering if anyone knows of this or has scene it...

I've been playing this game for about a month now & I have only dealt with one hacker who shot me through the stairs at an air control tower when you enter. You shouldn't have this problem much honestly.

I was ESP and then teleported on.  Will be waiting til next update to play again to see if the importaint fixes have been dealt with rather then a new gun or backpack

they are constantly fixing things.. as well as adding new things.

usually there is a few people devoted to making new items and another few to fix the bug's

I wouldn't necessarily chalk this up to hacking.

I have been attacked by invisible zombies since the recent patch... May have been a similar issue with a player.

I wish everyone would record their gameplay during the alpha, so if there are hackers/exploits/bugs, they can be reported and fixed now, rather than when the game is released.  

My bet is on dysnc, this is how I wager it went down.

They had you covered the entire time they were talking to you, they didn't want to shoot you (maybe they were going to shoot you after robbing you maybe they just wanted to make sure you weren't a threat ) but you would not respond, they finally decided to end you. When they fired the server updated and poof you could see them.

I ran into what I believe was a hacker the other night while streaming in a random room the second i popped out on the construction site roof I got sniped. Got mad about it respawned walked a few feet got sniped again never saw a player either time and was being super aware when I respawned.... First time running into this and have put over 30 hours in SA

Had a similar encounter today, I was sat on the 3rd floor looking out of a window, the top floor is very small and I'd cleared it before going to the room. My mate was downstairs covering the only way in, then out of nowhere a guy appears a few meters away from me and kills me. He could not have logged in as there was no reload sound and I'm 100% sure he wasn't hiding as I'd checked the small area myself.

So. We found a possible answer to my wondering last night... A few hours after i posted this i was In ele... in the same building (hardcore server this time) I was walking upstairs and fell through the wall and was trapped inside a "glass" room.  Above where we ( a friend and i) were standing was a guy just hanging out, IMPOSSIBLE to get there legitly. We were on the top floor, one open room, and this building has ZERO ways to get on the roof.    I tried to get out of this trap i was in when a 2nd guy "appeared" infront of my friend, same way it  happened to me. He didnt log in, he appeared and automatically starting shooting my buddy.  So I tried shooting back.. Sure enough the first guy, disappeared from the hidden pass way, and re-appeared in front of me. Luckily somehow i killed them both, but only after they killed my buddy. In the end, i used V over and over to get out of the room, but fell to me death anyways.  

There is a tele-port hack out there, and since you can glitch into some of the "hidden" rooms, players are moving through the walls and shooting out.   NOT saying this is happening all over, but I did witness it 2x and once I personally was glitched into the wall and was able to walk and shoot.

Yup. Dead by invisible players several times. Could be an invisibility hack, I don't know. Could also be wall hacking glitch thats not a hack if you know what I mean.

This is whats happening I believe: people in a group are wall hacking to see inside a building. You don't need a mod/hack to do it. Simple press of a certain key and sitting in the right spot will work. They tell their friends where you are. These friends log out, go to another server, login and go to your location and wait for the ok. Then they login when their friends tell them too.

Edited by Good Greef