Sign in to follow this  
piggypotpie

Books!?

Anyone have any idea why there are books EVERYWHERE!? I've been keeping the New Testament on me for good luck......unfortunately it works as well as a real one.......

Let me answer that question with another question; would you pick up all the books in houses you loot in the situation of a zombie apocalypse? 

No? Neither would 99% of the people because books are heavy and pretty damn useless against zombies. Result of that situation? Book lying around EVERYWHERE!1!

• Like 3

Let me answer that question with another question; would you pick up all the books in houses you loot in the situation of a zombie apocalypse? 

No? Neither would 99% of the people because books are heavy and pretty damn useless against zombies. Result of that situation? Book lying around EVERYWHERE!1!

^ That. Why would a person bring books with him or her in a panic situation?

But why books? If you're going to make them loot why not everything? Hey, look, I found some tampons and and a Huey Lewis CD! It just doesn't make sense

I personally like the books myself. It's a neat detail, especially considering just about everyone in Chernarus has a bookshelf.

In fact, I've been looking for Moby Dick.

[side note: You can equip the book and read through all of them. Though I understand the point about it being the apocalypse and no one would really carry books around...it's pretty cool that the option is there.]

I dig it.

• Like 1

Anyone have any idea why there are books EVERYWHERE!? I've been keeping the New Testament on me for good luck......unfortunately it works as well as a real one.......

I was hurt badly the other day,i ate alot,drank replenished my energy and got the healthy status.Because the screen was all black from the blood loss and i was too afraid to move away from my position,i found myself on the second floor of a building waiting for the blood to regenerate.As i was waiting i got bored so i thought that it would be a good idea to read the New Testement that i was carrying with me from a church.To be honest i was so absorbed in the book that time went by preety fast + i didn't have to alt-Tab ;)

• Like 1

I can imagine a lot of uses for books.

- write/draw/notes (maps, codes, recepies etc.)

- starting fire (ooh, so much easier), burn them

- insulation (ripple the paper and put inside your clothes)

- toilet paper

- read it (morale) and they could be books about plants,guides,  survival ABC and so on.

- whack people with them

No uses?  I would say one would be stupid NOT to take one book with you. Of course it can be those pocket books...

Step 1:loot a book
Step 2:take a knife or an item that is sharp and cut the book hollow like illustrated.
Step 3:Secure the edges and the inside space you crated from the pages with duck tape.
Step 4:Profit,you can store and hide anything your heart contents on that limited space.Here are some illustrations.

hollow-book-safe--UDU2Ny0xMDg5MzMuMzU1OD
secret-hollow-book-safe-pistol-magazine.
Edited by Damnyourdeadman