commiedic (DayZ)

Has The Ghillie Suit been Fixed?

I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about it, but about a week ago maybe 5 days ago I put it on and it teleported me into the middle of the ocean, but a few seconds later I was teleported to my recent location swimming in the ground. Luckily I didn't lose anything. Eventually I stood up and was good to go.

No.

Anyone who says that it works for them got lucky. The bug is related to the engine itself, not in Day Z's code, and can't be fixed by him. The beta patches for Arma 2 itself have not mentioned one word about fixing this sort of bug.

The issue is not fixed, it just doesn't happen 100% of the time.

i was just wondering because i just found 1 and did not know if it still throws you into ocean when you log back on

(got some good gear)

so i will not test myself

i had one for days, no problems at all.. last night i ended up spawning in the middle of nowhere but thats not due to ghillie its just character corruption that'll be fixed on monday.. go ahead and wear it its awesome.

i had one for days' date=' no problems at all.. last night i ended up spawning in the middle of nowhere but thats not due to ghillie its just character corruption that'll be fixed on monday.. go ahead and wear it its awesome.

[/quote']

Thanks

Works for me. I think you must have the latest DayZ update and also beta patch for OA, and the server must also be using the latest patch I think.

Also i read you should play for 30 mins after putting it on before you logg off.. (I played for 2 houers after i put mine on)

Also now with the latest beta patch you wont drop stuff if you spawn in the ocean ? (not sure tho)

Works for me. I think you must have the latest DayZ update and also beta patch for OA' date=' and the server must also be using the latest patch I think.

Also i read you should play for 30 mins after putting it on before you logg off.. (I played for 2 houers after i put mine on)

Also now with the latest beta patch you wont drop stuff if you spawn in the ocean ? (not sure tho)

[/quote']

im so mad. i was in a building on the top floor i put Ghillie Suit on and i was swimming in the floor -.- and all my stuff was dropped

Rocket said a week or two ago that it has not been fixed and is caused by some engine problem. For now he advises nervous people to avoid it. Just search through his posts and you'll find it.

That said, it seems that people who play on servers with the latest beta patch aren't having problems.