Sign in to follow this  
EvilCookiez

Revenge on a pair of bandits who executed me

As a new spawn, I was happily looting away in the construction site in then north east, and ran into these guys, who told me to hands up and kneel, etc etc.

I was promptly shot in the face by the new gun...

and this..this is my revenge.

• Like 5

Kinda cool but you didn't have to kill the newspawn, it was unlikely he could have done anything to you unless I missed something.

Kinda cool but you didn't have to kill the newspawn, it was unlikely he could have done anything to you unless I missed something.

It was most likely the guy he killed coming back to loot his own body.

It was most likely the guy he killed coming back to loot his own body.

I only KO'd the first guy, then his mate killed the zombie (listen for the gunshot) and saved him, he was coming back to get the gun of his mate (the one i killed). You can see he's wearing the shirt I put on his body, and still has his hat. :)

I try to play this way, helpful ect ect. But being shot in the face on site time after time kinda rattles that mentality out of you. I still try to help out where I can but I have to be a lot more cunning about it really, making sure I'm not boxed in anywhere.

Though to be honest If I do end up in a stick up situation and you try to handcuff/rob me instead of just asking me to drop my weapon then it's checkout time and you'll have to kill me. 9 times out of 10 stick up victims end up getting robbed blind, humiliated then killed. I'll skip the humiliation part and take the bullet thanks.

• Like 1

I try to play this way, helpful ect ect. But being shot in the face on site time after time kinda rattles that mentality out of you. I still try to help out where I can but I have to be a lot more cunning about it really, making sure I'm not boxed in anywhere.

Though to be honest If I do end up in a stick up situation and you try to handcuff/rob me instead of just asking me to drop my weapon then it's checkout time and you'll have to kill me. 9 times out of 10 stick up victims end up getting robbed blind, humiliated then killed. I'll skip the humiliation part and take the bullet thanks.

I know exactly what you mean, its a real issue at the moment that killing people doesn't have a negative side, and it makes being a "nice guy" the most dangerous thing in the game... :(

For me, that's what makes the game fun and interesting. There is no "Good" guy or "Bad" guy tags. The Mod had the Bandit and Hero skins to help you decipher, but even that became a guessing game.

It's true survival and paranoia at it's finest. The best part of the game for me are these little moments of revenge. I bet those two you killed were mad as shit and got into a fight over whatever communication hub they were using.

Good stuff.

Being a nice guy is definitely the most dangerous thing to do in DayZ, but also the most rewarding. If you aren't up for that task, then either become a Bandit or a victim...

• Like 1

If you aren't up for that task, then either become a Bandit or a victim...

that is sad, but true.

well put.

I think you coming back and killing them shows the penalty they paid for killing other players.

Looks like a video that a team set up.  They kill you, one guy "logs out/ afk"  yet the other guy isnt covering him?  Seems odd.  You walk right up to him, as well you seem to KNOW the other guy isnt watching. Knock him out, THEN when you leave the spot, and ONLY then the other guy goes down to his buddy?  Meanwhile the whole time these two are TOTALLY oblivious to your presence, even though you stated it was a short run right back. You get the kills, the whole 5 minutes you playing the sad martyr of how you are always helping people.. blah blah.

Seems set up from the start.

Looks like a video that a team set up.  They kill you, one guy "logs out/ afk"  yet the other guy isnt covering him?  Seems odd.  You walk right up to him, as well you seem to KNOW the other guy isnt watching. Knock him out, THEN when you leave the spot, and ONLY then the other guy goes down to his buddy?  Meanwhile the whole time these two are TOTALLY oblivious to your presence, even though you stated it was a short run right back. You get the kills, the whole 5 minutes you playing the sad martyr of how you are always helping people.. blah blah.

I could agree with you on this and maybe I would if I had never been in the same situations both as hunter and hunted. I have got many, many lucky spawns after I've been killed and had the chance to maim my killers. Sometimes I have succeeded, sometimes I have not.

I also have been in the gun fight situation where no matter how cool and collected you are, miscommunication happens and you have to move. I don't think I am some DayZ guru or expert, but I have been in many situations where it is my squad and I against one man or 8. Every scenario plays out different and one small mistake can be huge. Throw in getting booted from the gate from lost connection, server restart, etc.

I am a risk taker and one thing I have noticed with the SA is that I know new spawns have nothing , so I never take them as a serious threat, especially when I see them running up from the coast. Not a good idea, but that's how I play. If OP did setup this video with his crew, then he did a great job fooling me and shame on him.

If he didn't, which I believe, then this is the perfect example of why you should never let your guard down and that Karma is truly a bitch...

As flattered as I am, I didnt stage this, As for KNOWING i wasnt being watched, I figured if the guy was afk or logging I had 30 seconds to kill him or ko him, and i was down the hill, freshly spawned, so why go big or go home?

The timeline I figure is that player A(the KO'd one) goes afk for a bio or phone or whatever, in a bush, B keeps on looting cos hes not going to be long. A get Knocked out, and returns to "being unconscious" asks B for help, B rushes over, kills zombie, and patches up A. A is still down but not bleeding, waiting to wake up, B goes looking for me, presuming I'm going to come back to "finish the job", which I didnt intend to, but then I saw B and killed him, A has woken up and come to get B's loot to kill me, I get the drop on him, and bang.

I do like that you have considered that I staged this, just means it must have seemed to good to be true. which it was. and if you can see on the vid, i did transmit some stuff which fraps didnt catch, pretty much "dont fuck with fresh spawns, bitch" to those 2.

But I assure you, its all legit.

Maybe so, it couldve easily happened as you pointed out. All i was saying was, it looked like bs, but i guess, yes some players are that stupid to not watch their buddies in a high pop area. good for you, stupid for them. If it did happen as you say, im glad they died, cause nothing more annoying then a child behind his computer thinking hes a baddass (meaning when they shot you after you CLEARLY were listening to them with your hands up) 

Personally the whole, "stick up"  is crap.. Just fucking KoS the person, instead of wasting time with sticking them up just to shoot them. weak

and yet this kind of stuff happens all the time...