-Chris

Completely respawning when relogging

So basically, I was heading down the coast after spawning and I got half way to electro. The server was getting quite laggy so I decided to switch servers, I took cover behind some rocks at the side of the road and had no zombies etc following me. When I relogged on  server with lower ping I ended up back at spawn again so I logged off the server then relogged again (like when you would randomly respawn in a field before the new update and you just relogged and you were fine again) but it never solved the problem, I was back at the spawn.

After that I decided to test it too see if it done it again as I had nothing to lose anyway so I started running down the coast again, gave it 5-10mins then found a safe place to log off then done so. I relogged on to another server and I was back at spawn again.

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry for the long read and hopefully it makes sense.

Just had an idea, could it possibly be that I am logging into a server before my character logs out of the previous one hence why it is taking me back to spawn?

That's a good point, your character is crouched on the previous server for 30 secs, could be worth testing that theory out by waiting a minute before logging into a different server.

Would then be a good Idea to file a bug report so the devs can add a spash screen to say you're still logged in to another server and prevent you from connecting.

I had this once, I had tons of stuff and then  I thought I had lost it all, but you jsut have to wait a bit

That's a good point, your character is crouched on the previous server for 30 secs, could be worth testing that theory out by waiting a minute before logging into a different server.

Would then be a good Idea to file a bug report so the devs can add a spash screen to say you're still logged in to another server and prevent you from connecting.

Yeah mate. Got some decent stuff at the moment so will do it the next time I have been killed.

I logged off earlier on when I went for dinner and when I came back and logged in I was in the same place with all my gear so I'm positive it has to be with trying to log into another server whilst your character is still on the logout countdown in the previous server.

• Like 1