richard_b

A suggested list for starting gear....... Mods, please read.

As my friend says' date=' "These survivors are retards, bringing a bandaid and a flashlight and expecting to survive the zombie apocalypse".

Starting out with a Makarov isn't a great idea, but a simple box of matches, maybe a knife or hachet, would be awesome. Water canteen would also be cool, but that's a moot point. Maybe a can of coke.

[/quote']

but our situation is never explained, so you can't assume we had time or the means for preparation. we should be glad we don't spawn with absolutely nothing. I get the feeling that's what rocket would like to do to us...

give em a few mags. like 2-3

I suggested earlier how you could have a mag fed .22, but it would be bolt action. 15 rounds, and one spare mag. .22 could kill zombie in one head shot, but 4 bodyshots. and it would be uselss aganist players, it would take 8+ hits. (and 3 headshots.)

or maybe a break action single shot 20 gauge. one shot zombie kill (point blank) but you would have to reload after each shot, and again bad vs players (point blank it would still take 2 shots, anywhere further it would be uselsss). spawn with 20 spare shells.

Best starting gear:

1 - Knife (melee weapon, doesn't exist, can also gut small game)

2 - Watch

3 - lighter/matches

/end list

Maybe throw in a bandage but even that's iffy considering their high drop rate. The morphine situation is kind of grim; would be nice if there could be some abandoned red cross vans or something to get medical supplies.

There are plenty of "starting gear suggestions" threads already. Please search before creating a new one, and reply to an existing one. Moved to suggestions.

I like the current system because I feel a sense of achievement when im able to find a weapon and basic survival gear.

Its more realistic too not many people have handguns and prescription narcotics (how an opiate cures a broken bone I would like to know lol).