Sign in to follow this  
Geckofrog7

Hat Simulator 2014

It seems DayZ has become Hat Simulator 2014.  :D

Now TF2 finally has some competition!

But trying to be on topic and constructive, do you think they're going to add many more of these kinda things? (non-utilitarian clothes in general) And if so, what are you expecting to see by the time of release? And what would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see more military helmets besides the plain ballistic helmet. Maybe some matching helmets to go with BDU, or TTSKO? I'd also like to see tactical ski masks/balaclavas and military/ski goggles, so I don't have to keep wearing gas masks to cover my face. 

• Like 3

Maybe one day hats will have a use in game,protection from rain, sun, cold, etc...

It would be nice if at some point you could customize everything you find. Apply your unique color scheme, textures. even add leaves branches, grass to your helmet.

I hope there will be more clothes,even if its just for looks. Vanity items ftw :)

Edit: spelling

Edited by Salomonese

Since i now, that western-hats and leatherjackets are on the way, i just wish for both,

civilian and military:

- leg-holsters: one made more tactical, the other one out of leather and simple

- ponchos/raincoats: one TTKSO-like, the other one grey, brown or green and made out of simple cloth

Biker-Chaps/leather-pants:

uenuogfk4nsn.jpgqbiynpdp851t.jpg

Leg-holster for pistols and sawn-off-shotgun:

peqdwiiq2652.jpg

Dusters, once the engine is ready/better:

1wayiudnw26.jpg

Poncho:

good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-clint-eastwood

poncho.jpg

Would be cool to paint the pilot-helmet.

Because right now, it looks cool, but is like a blinking LED-cap.

Buddy, I'll forum friend you just because if the ski-goggles idea.

I'd also love it the engine allowed some items to block other items, but that might be opening a can of worms. Like you can't attach a flashlight without a RIS rail. Gasmasks should block sunglasses ect.

• Like 1

Buddy, I'll forum friend you just because if the ski-goggles idea.

I'd also love it the engine allowed some items to block other items, but that might be opening a can of worms. Like you can't attach a flashlight without a RIS rail. Gasmasks should block sunglasses ect.

Indeed,that was a very good call on his behalf,beans for the ski mask idea.

• Like 1

I like playing dress up with my homicidal dolly.

I don't know! Potentially they could keep on releasing things. It depends on how they handle the loot system!

Really I just want more leather and fingercut gloves. And a black gasmask of some sort!

>.> I might have a gas-mask fetish.

Edited by Rudette

FACIAL BANDANAS! DO EEEEETTTTTT ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!

inb4 facial bananas. there's always one lol. 

Oh i see you also saw the new patch for Tf2 today?

Oh i see you also saw the new patch for Tf2 today?

There's a new TF2 patch today? D:

I figured it would be a little while before another update.

Edited by Geckofrog7

It seems DayZ has become Hat Simulator 2014.  :D

Now TF2 finally has some competition!

But trying to be on topic and constructive, do you think they're going to add many more of these kinda things? (non-utilitarian clothes in general) And if so, what are you expecting to see by the time of release? And what would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see more military helmets besides the plain ballistic helmet. Maybe some matching helmets to go with BDU, or TTSKO? I'd also like to see tactical ski masks/balaclavas and military/ski goggles, so I don't have to keep wearing gas masks to cover my face. 

What we really need to do is make Military Helmets and Motorcycle Helmets a lot rarer, maybe in fact only spawning Military Helmets on military zombies. This would give players a longer search for a full kit and ensure we see more people in berets, terrorist-y headscarves, beanies, baseball caps, aviators and Wolf masks.

Edited by bobotype3334
  • Like 1

What we really need to do is make Military Helmets and Motorcycle Helmets a lot rarer, maybe in fact only spawning on military zombies. This would give players a longer search for a full kit and ensure we see more people in berets, terrorist-y headscarves, beanies, baseball caps, aviators and Wolf masks.

Well the motorcycle helmets shouldn't spawn on military zombies but I have to agree that they should be a lot rarer. Because it's currently harder to find a radar cap than to find a motorcycle helmet, are you telling me everyone owns a motorbike on that island?

• Like 1

Since i now, that western-hats and leatherjackets are on the way, i just wish for both,

civilian and military:

- leg-holsters: one made more tactical, the other one out of leather and simple

- ponchos/raincoats: one TTKSO-like, the other one grey, brown or green and made out of simple cloth

Biker-Chaps/leather-pants:

uenuogfk4nsn.jpgqbiynpdp851t.jpg

Leg-holster for pistols and sawn-off-shotgun:

peqdwiiq2652.jpg

Dusters, once the engine is ready/better:

1wayiudnw26.jpg

Poncho:

good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-clint-eastwood

poncho.jpg

Would be cool to paint the pilot-helmet.

Because right now, it looks cool, but is like a blinking LED-cap.

Buddy, slow down. These things are cool, but this is post-Soviet territory, not Red Dead Redemption. The poncho is definitely overdoing it. There are Russian ponchos in existence, but they're significantly different.