Sign in to follow this  
Hethwill_Khan

A few suggestions - mechanics and item reviews

I suggest the following:

Mechanics:

- remove the "hide body" mechanic completely -

no need to replace it with any system ( for the time being ). Plus the body stays there in the open, not hidden, just uncountable for looting, when it is not hidden it vanishes...

I know a similar thing was suggested here, link, but I prefer to see a simple removal of the mechanic instead of a replacement.

- weapon jams and misfires -

make them linked to the weapon and attachments condition. Make it possible to use tools to unjam them and even fix damaged parts.

- infected attitudes -

by priority order ( blood, gun fire, sound, line of sight ) - make them attracted to these, especially blood and gun fire from way farther then now. For example, a gun fight at the lumber mill in Berezino should attract all infected as far as from the T34 Plaza, a true magnet to a whole horde of zombies. The more chaos the better the apocalypse feeling.

Equipment and similar:

- add more civilian guns, drastically remove military guns -

the correlation between quantities should be 1 to 20 regarding military versus civilian. Civilian weapons comprise mostly shotguns and revolvers and should really make up 95% of the firearms available.

- add specific security forces equipment -

police jackets, batons, anti riot shields, rubber shells.

• Like 2

98% of the stuff that you've posted is going to be implemented. Don't worry.

(The riot shield probably not, though...this is a small eastern European country. And riot shields would be weird to implement anyways.)

And rubber bullets, while I'd drool over the thought of less than lethal weapons, would be weird to see in chernarus too, I'd think.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Some testing was run with using only civilian gun types only resulted in some of the most awesome combat situations ever. Was impossible to Rambo ( no auto M4 to spray ), and even the occlusion of sniper rifle and SKS use was a bonus.

Not at all against the present status but damn, the fights with shotties, revolvers and the double rifles require good teamwork and that is always a plus for a game, especially this one.

Also, the whole horde of infected on center Elektro was massively following the combatants which resulted in further confusion ( with the odd situations of zombies coming through walls and attacking through floors ).

Hope the devs look into this very very soon.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan