Sign in to follow this  
pacific_coast

Can't join Stable Branch = BEST THING EVER

since latest patch, i guess i didnt have any character data on the servers, or my character data became corrupted somehow.

everytime i try to play/join a stable branch server I CRASH.

CRASH TO DESKTOP HARDCORE STYLE.

No error message, just "dayz has stopped working"

but experimental branch works.

and hot damn, it's more stable than stable!

i'd rather play stable, as there are more/less laggy servers.

but overall, i'm impressed and see no reason to de-patch and play stable.

the player attitudes on exp branch is mind blowing. friendlies that are helpful and proper bandits who need my food prestine!

(there is little food, less loot and harsher hunger/thirst stats in exp hardcore mode)

Dammit, now you went and TOLD everyone.

• Like 1

stable vs experimental are very different animals. better interactions all around, even when death is a result.

haha, so many times I've run into a town, seen people looting and all parties are like "You got any foods?" "You checked (nearby town)?" "Fuck...later man, good luck!" Starvation is becoming a huge killer on 'em, it's hysterical.

• Like 1

Dammit, now you went and TOLD everyone.

more people play exp = more exp servers = better for me

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

stable vs experimental are very different animals. better interactions all around, even when death is a result.

haha, so many times I've run into a town, seen people looting and all parties are like "You got any foods?" "You checked (nearby town)?" "Fuck...later man, good luck!" Starvation is becoming a huge killer on 'em, it's hysterical.

first time i have ever STARVED TO DEATH from SPAWN, because every building was looted between my spawn of solnichy and up to berenzino.

died for hunger again trying to get to electro... then got massively lucky the third time and found some tuna and that let me run to balota... oly to break my leg from going up some stairs!!! exp is slowly becoming the version i want to play! and yes i teamed up with two french guys who killed themselves after finding no food themselves! other friendlies were all starving... we became much more civil with a hunrgy tummy lolz

Im stuck on please wait all the time

on exp branch? i'd be lucky to see a waiting message on stable! i just CTD!

try switching steam to exp beta in properties, let it immediately dl the exp patch and then verify the game cache.

only about 6-10 servers i've seen that are up and working in exp patch.

hope there is more soon. and good luck getting it to work govna'