Sign in to follow this  
calabam

So ...

I see fall damage has been added again i stepped halfway off the stairs in a barn not only did it ruin everything in my pockets etc ( you have go to be kidding me ) but i also have broken legs its seems . With the lack of a respawn feature and zero zombies about i now have the joys of crawling around hoping to find somebody to kill me. Great stuff it makes the game so much fun ! >:(

• Like 1

I see fall damage has been added again i stepped halfway off the stairs in a barn not only did it ruin everything in my pockets etc ( you have go to be kidding me ) but i also have broken legs its seems . With the lack of a respawn feature and zero zombies about i now have the joys of crawling around hoping to find somebody to kill me. Great stuff it makes the game so much fun ! > :(

Shouldn't have jumped down the stairs. It was obviously not intended and if you knew it wasn't enabled and actively jumped down to be quicker - it's your fault. ;)

Thank you for the warning. Yesterday I climbed up a lighthouse tower and was surveying the landscape from the railing. Accidentally fell through the railing and landed with no damage whatsoever.

I feel your pain, but we are still very early in development.  Have you tried crawling up those stairs in the barn, then suicide off the ledges?  I don't know if this actually works, haven't had my legs broken yet since purchasing.

Thank you for the warning. Yesterday I climbed up a lighthouse tower and was surveying the landscape from the railing. Accidentally fell through the railing and landed with no damage whatsoever.

Fall damage was off yesterday.  Today's patch turned it back on and it states in the patch notes - Systems: Falling now causes dynamic damage (roughly, fall of >5m break legs depending on equipment, >15m probably death)

I feel your pain, but we are still very early in development.  Have you tried crawling up those stairs in the barn, then suicide off the ledges?  I don't know if this actually works, haven't had my legs broken yet since purchasing.

Ha yeah after i cralwed for about 5 minutes i thought i should have tried that !

Someone earlier made a post about how they made a splint (sticks + rags) and kept it in their inventory, they took fall damage but didn't break their legs. I think from now on I am going to keep one on my person just in case.

Fall damage was off yesterday.  Today's patch turned it back on and it states in the patch notes - Systems: Falling now causes dynamic damage (roughly, fall of >5m break legs depending on equipment, >15m probably death)

Weird. I just lagged off a 2nd floor balcony and fell maybe 5m max, bam, instadead

Edited by HumanDecency