Sign in to follow this  
NotFish

Death by Lag

Yep it's another one of those...

I had just been robbed by pack of bandits in the south western part of Berezino and was sent off naked, without even a pair of shoes to my name. I managed to get my hands on some clothes and a small backpack, and after a trip to the school/office building near the lumber mill, I got a shotgun and some buckshot shells. Then I headed north into town to hit up the well when suddenly I hear "AIEEEE!" and like some crazed psychopath an axe wielding newspawn comes running around a blind corner aiming to take my head off. He was still about 5 steps away when fed him a buckshot sandwich. A shotgun blast to the face at near to point blank range should have ended the discussion then and there, but lag allowed him to get close enough to hit me on the head twice with his fireaxe. Black screen. "You are dead." BULLSHIT!!! I got him! Respawned just south of the lumber yard and ran straight back to my body. Luckily no one had found my body and he had died a split second after me, but a good few seconds after he SHOULD have died, so I managed to get all my stuff back along with a shiny new fireaxe, with only a few bloodstains on it (mostly mine).

Yet another story of Death by Lag.

Anyone have any lagdeath stories of their own to share?

Edited by NotFish

Yep it's another one of those...

I had just been robbed by pack of bandits in the south western part of Berezino and was sent off naked, without even a pair of shoes to my name. I managed to get my hands on some clothes and a small backpack, and after a trip to the school/office building near the lumber mill, I got a shotgun and some buckshot shells. Then I headed north into town to hit up the well when suddenly I hear "AIEEEE!" and like some crazed psychopath an axe wielding newspawn comes running around a blind corner aiming to take my head off. He was still about 5 steps away when fed him a buckshot sandwich. A shotgun blast to the face at near to point blank range should have ended the discussion then and there, but lag allowed him to get close enough to hit me on the head twice with his fireaxe. Black screen. "You are dead." BULLSHIT!!! I got him! Respawned just south of the lumber yard and ran straight back to my body. Luckily no one had found my body and he had died a split second after me, but a good few seconds after he SHOULD have died, so I managed to get all my stuff back along with a shiny new fireaxe, with only a few bloodstains on it (mostly mine).

Yet another story of Death by Lag.

Anyone have any lagdeath stories of their own to share?

Well I saw Rick shoot a guy and then get killed by him FIRST, then the other dude died right after.

Meh, lag happens