Sign in to follow this  
turdjaw

Server starts, BEC starts, but "wait for host"

Hello

Trying to host a server (Epoch) on a dedi box for the first time. The instructions are really easy but I've found myself looking for a syntax error or something else tiny for the past few hours now as even though the game server will run perfectly by itself and I can load in AND BattlEye works without error by itself (loading the shortcut to the bec.exe with a target added to reach the config file), they don't want to work together.

I have a batch file written out that I've looked through maybe a hundred times but I see nothing wrong. Can you? The server does not show as online in DayZ Commander and if you join anyway you get past the DayZ Epoch screen and receive "Wait For Host". BEC tells me everything is fine and there's nothing in the logs.

@echo offset ARMApath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Napfset BECpath=\becset port=2334set mod=Expansion\beta;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@DayZ_Epochtimeout 5:initializeclsecho Killing current running server ...taskkill /IM napfserver.exe /Ftaskkill /IM bec_napf.exe /Fecho.goto start:starttimeout 5cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Napfecho Starting server again ...@start /high Expansion/beta/napfserver.exe -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=%mod% -name=instance_24_Napf -config=instance_24_Napf\instance_24_Napf.cfg -cfg=instance_24_Napf\basic.cfg -profiles=instance_24_Napf -port=%port% -cpuCount=2 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=1 -noPause -noSoundecho.:start_bectimeout 15echo.cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Napf\bececho Starting BEC again ...@start bec_napf.exe -f config_napf.cfgexit

I know this is for an Epoch server but I think it's more of a batch setup or BEC problem so I thought I'd post it here.

Thanks

Edited by diseasedundeadnoodles

Greetings,

I don't think I can personally help you because I don't have an Epoch server.  However, I would suggest that you look for other Epoch servers on DayZ Commander and send their Admins/Owner a message.  I'm sure you will find one that would be willing to help.

Regards,

Splinter

Hey mate,

The very first thing I would try when it comes to "wait for host" issues is to (Save a backup) delete your mission file.  Then replace them with default ones.  A bogus/broken mission file will give you a wait for host issue.

If you need any further help feel free to ask, we're here to help!

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

Jimmy has a point there, most of the "Wait for Host" problems are due to a mission.pbo not initialised properly.

This can be the mission.pbo itself being wrong - or possibly even it being in the wrong folder or with a wrong name, which is why the server doesn't find it and gives you the "Wait for Host"-message.

• Like 1

This can be the mission.pbo itself being wrong - or possibly even it being in the wrong folder or with a wrong name...

If you've edited your mission file, or even decided to use a non-default one, be sure your instanceID is setup properly in the init.sqf (you'll need to uncpbo your mission file itself to find this).  This will still let the lobby launch, but the mission cannot write to it's appropriate "hive" location, and you may have issues such as wait for host.

Just an idea.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Ended up starting over and thought everything looked identical, there were no problems. Sure I'm not alone in having done this (!).

Thanks for the advice.

Happy to hear you got it all lined up properly!  Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Jimmy