Sign in to follow this  
fizzduden

Day z running in 32Bit and poor fps

i see day z running in 32 bit when i look in the task mananger on windows 8 i also only get 30% gpu and 20% cpu usage

Edited by fizzduden

Since the latest patch today my GPU usage seems to start off ok then drops meaning I lose FPS too. I've noticed that the game runs in 32bit  when I switch to task manager but can't say I noticed if it ran in 64bit previously. I hope someone has a clue? :(

I'm getting a low frame rate since today's patch. GPU usage is about 10-30% and a frame rate of 5-15 whereas before GPU usage was 80-90% and a frame rate of 60 (capped with Vsync).

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz

DDR3 16GB 1600Mhz

Nvidia GTX570 DC2 @ WHQL Driver 332.21

Before todays patch I ran everything at Very High with no problem. Mostly 60 fps (capped with vsync) dipping in cities but not noticeable. Now It starts ok and very quickly the GPU usage drops (using EVGA Precision to display in game) and the fps drops drastically with the game freezing. Initially I thought it may be linked to the weather as the first server i was on it was raining on and off but I tried another server where it wasn't raining and had the same very quick drop. This was running through trees away from any city which is usually fine.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Nvidia GeForce GTX780 3GB with latest driver that worked fine last night.

I am picky with my games and, although I am generally a big Battlefield 4 fan, DayZ SA is my current game of choice so I hope this can be fixed pretty quick.  :(