Sign in to follow this  
Thundertom

Getting gear from 5 - 100 in a very short time

Hey guys.

This is my first post on these forums. I purchased the SA last week, and I'm really enjoying it. Been lurking these forums  a little, mainly for advice and such, but I couldn't find anything usefull on this subject.

So, at first I just randomly wandered around, picking up random items and putting them in my taloon (I think it's called that) backpack and melee zombies with my splitting axe, or fire axe. I found a lot of ammo types over time, but no guns to put them in. Then I finally managed to get my hands on a Mosin, but whaddayaknow; I had all but Mosin ammo. I scavenged enough food and drink and a canteen too to get hydrated and energized.

This took my around 6 hours I'd say. I'm a new guy, bare with me ;-)

I found a lot of posts on these forums with people showing off their fully loaded characters, and what I got from that was to get this stuff, you need to go to either an airport or one of the major cities.

I turned to the DayZ Map and navigated to the small ariport near Grishino, and all of a sudden I had every single piece of gear you can get your hands on; I found a Magnum with bullets, M4 with loads of bullets, Mosin ammo and some other pistol I don't know the name of. On top of that I found one of them large backpacks, pristine combat clothes in a variety of colors and a weapon holster to put my Magnum in. This whole process took me around 15 minutes, but that was only because I had to move from one building to the next. Basicly every building had 3 or more items I had never seen before in them.

Is this because this is still in early access? It seemed to go from having 0 gear and actually putting value into items you find to "Why can't I hold all these guns" in 15 minutes. I liked the slow pace of gearing up, but now I seem to have it all.

I'd say chances to find a specific item are relatively high at the moment, because theres no global economy and not too many different items in the loottables, which would change over time.

i did it in the mod and in SA a few times, that if i'm fully geared and don't see another goal at the moment, i just jump off somewhere high, die and start gearing up again, but somewhere else or in another way

Yes, the military gear is at a military base.  Most people want to gear up quickly in order to go fight other players (or kill new spawns); to these players, the game is simply an elaborate PvP.  As this is a sandbox survival game, the choice is all yours.

Yes, the military gear is at a military base.  Most people want to gear up quickly in order to go fight other players (or kill new spawns); to these players, the game is simply an elaborate PvP.  As this is a sandbox survival game, the choice is all yours.

Quoted for truth.

Sure you have stuff for a quick pvp. I think you miss some items to feel complete

A bulletproof pressvest, all the medic stuff, bloodbags for your blood-type, attachments for your weapons etc.

And it´s alpha. :P  Loot-tables are not finished and more for testing. You can´t test without having all this stuff.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

Thanks for your answers. Maybe it was because there were very few people on the server I was on, and none of the gear had been collected yet?

As I got this thread going, might as well ask; I'm kind of going solo, prefer sneaking around a bit. Should I keep stuff like blood bags and IV kits? You need other people for that don't you? When you go alone and run out of blood, you have to pretty much regen it slowly by staying healthy? So no real need for saline and IV kits, am I correct?