Dchil

Winchester 1895

Did more research. Some were sent to Spain by the Soviet Union during the Spanish revolution in the '30s, and during the 1960's the remaining few were re-imported into the US. More common than the Blazer? No.

Don't get me wrong, i love this gun, but i don't want more Python rarity (Its even rarer than Pythons) to be in every house.

And they sucked anyway. Lever actions are hard to use sitting down, and they arne't like they are in the movies, especially this one. It isn't any faster than bolting a Mosin. They were phased out as soon as a few thousand more Mosin's were made (Which if i remember, some were also made by Winchester in the US aswell) 

And they sucked anyway. Lever actions are hard to use sitting down, and they arne't like they are in the movies, especially this one. It isn't any faster than bolting a Mosin. They were phased out as soon as a few thousand more Mosin's were made (Which if i remember, some were also made by Winchester in the US aswell) 

The new rifle (sportster), the machete, the shovel, the child's backpack and the canvas pants "suck", too, but are still in-game.

Things don't have to "better" to have a reason to "exist" ;)

Fact is: It was sold to the East in high numbers ;)

Nice gun! But today it's a museum piece. No chances to find this weapon in Chernarus.

Hm, Afaik, the mosin started in 1891, and the one we have in-game could be this one, because of the long barrel and stock, I think.

Actually, it would also be hard to find a Python, FNX, Ruger 10/22 or Blaze, I could imagine.

Actually, it would also be hard to find a Python, FNX, Ruger 10/22 or Blaze, I could imagine.

Yes, agree with that, but these guns is very modern and can get in Chernarus via civilian market or military/police forces. Winchester M1895 is another case. Even in Russia, this rifle is extremely rare.

Yes, agree with that, but these guns is very modern and can get in Chernarus via civilian market or military/police forces. Winchester M1895 is another case. Even in Russia, this rifle is extremely rare.

agreed...  If we see a Winchester Rifle, instead of a shotgun this time, it will most likely be the either the model 1894, or 1892.  the 1894 is the most prevalent, but the 1892 could use the existing .357 ammo. In the places your likely to loot this type of rifle, what's more likely, something that has been made in the millions, generally available to all, or something most people are likely only to see in a book/internet/armory&museum?

also, dont forget about the pop culture factor... in just about every western movie that has a lever gun in it is a 92.

Edited by pintotheevil

fuck the 1895, they should add in the super classic 1866 model, make it rare and beautiful

1-winchester-1866-yellow-boy-rifle-odon-

Vid from the same guy:

17:40 he tries to rapid fire it

Edited by srgnt.pepper

If we see a Winchester Rifle, instead of a shotgun this time, it will most likely be the either the model 1894, or 1892.  the 1894 is the most prevalent, but the 1892 could use the existing .357 ammo.

I think that chances of finding a M1894 in Eastern Europe is even lower. It's not US, in Europe since 1892 reigns the Mauser type bolt action.  ^_^

they should add in the super classic 1866 model, make it rare and beautiful

Omg, Chernarus turns into the Wild West...  <_<

Edited by Br0ken

I think that chances of finding a M1894 in Eastern Europe is even lower. It's not US, in Europe since 1892 reigns the Mauser type bolt action.  ^_^

Omg, Chernarus turns into the Wild West...  <_<

hahah, I think this should be the one exception, you know Europeans would have a fun time with it  :D

Besides, we don't have an american DayZ map yet, why not satisfy everyone?

Edited by srgnt.pepper

Besides, we don't have an american DayZ map yet, why not satisfy everyone?

Because unreasonable choice of guns for adding can ruin the atmosphere and realism. DayZ is son of ArmA, after all.

Edited by Br0ken

Because unreasonable choice of guns for adding can ruin the atmosphere and realism. DayZ is son of ArmA, after all.

So what your telling me, is that there are ZERO Winchester's anywhere in Eastern Europe? That the Winchester can ONLY be found in america?  I doubt that, besides, I said to make it super rare, I think that is more realistic.  You can find any type of gun anywhere in the world, Europe does not only have European guns, just like America does not only have American guns.  Now, that being said, I'm sure there are a lot less Winchesters in Europe than in the US, but where there are Winchesters, the owner was probably a gun collector, which is why he would most likely have the 1866 model.

Edited by srgnt.pepper

So what your telling me, is that there are ZERO Winchester's anywhere in Eastern Europe? That the Winchester can ONLY be found in america?  I doubt that, besides, I said to make it super rare, I think that is more realistic.  You can find any type of gun anywhere in the world, Europe does not only have European guns, just like America does not only have American guns.  Now, that being said, I'm sure there are a lot less Winchesters in Europe than in the US, but where there are Winchesters, the owner was probably a gun collector, which is why he would most likely have the 1866 model.

Not zero, but 0,0...01% of chance to find Winchester M1866. It's South Zagoria - underpopulated region of poor Eastern European country. Definitely not the right place for appearance of collectible guns.

Not zero, but 0,0...01% of chance to find Winchester M1866. It's South Zagoria - underpopulated region of poor Eastern European country. Definitely not the right place for appearance of collectible guns.

I think having one spawn on the map at a time would even satisfy me, idk, you'd be surprised what you can find in poor areas of the world, someones own little paradise sometimes.  I guess we just see this differently is all.

which is why he would most likely have the 1866 model.

Why would he most likely have the 1866? He wouldn't.

As far as Winchester levers go the .30-30 1894 is by far the most produced (7.5 million).

In the pistol calibers the most common is the 1892 (1 million), and all the 1892 clones (Rossi/Taurus etc).

And if someone had either an 1873 or 1866, "most likely" it wouldn't even be a Winchester at all, it would "most likely" be a reproduction (Uberti). Current "Winchester" lever-actions are Japanese, produced by Miroku, they have mechanical differences from the originals, are produced in very small numbers and tend to be quite expensive.

An original 1866? Nyet, not happening, and the 1873 is way more common, both the originals and reproductions.

Poor choice of weapon - "zombie survival game set in a former Soviet republic" does not exactly call out "Yellowboy Winchester".

oh, and uh.  From the DayZ mod:

Winchester m1866

Juicebox-01.png

Would be sick if they added a little design on the gold plate, and made it a little brighter, jus' sayin'

I think having one spawn on the map at a time would even satisfy me, idk, you'd be surprised what you can find in poor areas of the world, someones own little paradise sometimes.  I guess we just see this differently is all.

I just hope that the developers will be work in ArmA-style with all of its realism and believability. Although I would prefer a 1895 model.  B) 

Why would he most likely have the 1866? He wouldn't.

As far as Winchester levers go the .30-30 1894 is by far the most produced (7.5 million).

In the pistol calibers the most common is the 1892 (1 million), and all the 1892 clones (Rossi/Taurus etc).

And if someone had either an 1873 or 1866, "most likely" it wouldn't even be a Winchester at all, it would "most likely" be a reproduction (Uberti). Current "Winchester" lever-actions are Japanese, produced by Miroku, they have mechanical differences from the originals, are produced in very small numbers and tend to be quite expensive.

An original 1866? Nyet, not happening, and the 1873 is way more common, both the originals and reproductions.

Poor choice of weapon - "zombie survival game set in a former Soviet republic" does not exactly call out "Yellowboy Winchester".

I was saying the 1866 because it was the first model, the most popular and desired model, it was an innovated rifle for its time that led the way for all the other Winchester lever action designs.  It's like saying a car collector would rather take a later model Camero over a 1966.  It would be about the appreciation of the gun most likely, which is why I would assume they'd get a 1866, besides the dayz mod already has a 1866 Winchester in it, so it would be easier to make for the SA

Edited by srgnt.pepper

It would be about the appreciation of the gun most likely, which is why I would assume they'd get a 1866, besides the dayz mod already has a 1866 Winchester in it, so it would be easier to make for the SA

The 1873 is more iconic than the 1866; it's "the gun that won the West".

They didn't name the movie "Winchester 66"

hrByV5X.jpg?1

Anyways, you know the largest group who buys these guns these days? Not collectors. Cowboy action shooters. And the most popular rifle in CAS is the 1873.

The fact it's in the mod means nothing since the model isn't attractive enough to be recycled for the standalone, and they aren't going to add .44 rimfire or .44-40 ammunition which no other gun uses. And by the way, the mod's Winchester model is up for sale on Turbosquid...

If they do add a lever-action, it will be a .357. And although they make all these guns mentioned in .357 caliber, the 1892 design is easily the best choice, if it's even a Winchester at all.

g2OhIe8.png

Only reason anyone would even WANT to add an 1866? Nostalgia for the DayZ mod. Nothing more. Time for some new guns, I'm sure they will become quick favorites as well.

If they do add a lever-action, it will be a .357. And although they make all these guns mentioned in .357 caliber, the 1892 design is easily the best choice, if it's even a Winchester at all.

1873, 1894, 1866, They're all bad-ass and I would be crazy excited either way.

They didn't name the movie "Winchester 66"

Only reason anyone would even WANT to add an 1866? Nostalgia for the DayZ mod. Nothing more. Time for some new guns, I'm sure they will become quick favorites as well.

I'm not sure, the DayZ team does not seem to be consistent with what they want.

Not saying I care, I like the new CZ-75, 1911 & MK2, but they chose the SP-01 Phantom, AWC Amphibian S & some modernized tactical 1911 variant instead of ones that made sense.

And they also had an M-203, GP-25 & AK-74M and now they are all on (quote Chris Torchia's Twitter) "indefinite hold" (but they are working on the AKM & SVD, so I can't complain)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'm not sure, the DayZ team does not seem to be consistent with what they want.

Not saying I care, I like the new CZ-75, 1911 & MK2, but they chose the SP-01 Phantom, AWC Amphibian S & some modernized tactical 1911 variant instead of ones that made sense.

And they also had an M-203, GP-25 & AK-74M and now they are all on (quote Chris Torchia's Twitter) "indefinite hold" (but they are working on the AKM & SVD, so I can't complain)

I'm a little confused, why has their choice in weapons made them inconsistent with what they want?

I'm a little confused, why has their choice in weapons made them inconsistent with what they want?

Because they've shown screenshots of mostly completed content (some of its' even in the game files!) that isn't in the game yet, while they're focusing on brand new stuff they haven't shown off;

ala the grenade launchers and AK-74M, as well as NVGs & GPS.

Not complaining about it, just miss-wording how they may not necessarily pick a sensible lever-action (There aren't many that would be). I'm sure we'll have one eventually for variety purposes, though.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

nadelaunchers are in the gamefiles since the beginning and won't be really implemented soon, AFAIK

and don't hate the lever-action rifles xD

Yeah, the 1866 doesn't fit as good as the 1895 would.

And the marlin could work, too, but well: The fact, that it uses revolver ammo bothers me a bit, dunno why.

But we need a lever-action rifle (which can be sawed off :] ) .

Edited by irishroy