Sign in to follow this  
yardpro

Talk about priorities...

Wow... Okay... I have played on 100+ ping servers but my connection hasn't always been stable to them. It sounds like you are picking the lowest one and still over 100.

BTW, BI doesn't host these servers. These servers are rented by individuals like yourself and myself from providers scattered across the world. So ranting at BI will get you absolutely nowhere. If EVERY server on your list is over 100+ ping and spikes regularly then either they are too far away from you or your connection to the internet is not stable enough to play the game. If it is the former you could try renting a server closer to you yourself but they are expensive or wait and see if anyone sets one up. Otherwise it is a matter of dealing with your ISP or personal network and fixing whatever is slowing you down there.

BTW, a 20MB download means very little. It means you can download files speedily but most of those have limited upload speed and games like DayZ are a two way street where what matters is the slowest point. You could have a really low upload speed and so have nothing happening because of that. It also doesn't mean the connection is stable and not dropping packets. If your connection is dropping packets then it ends up like this.

"Suzy was a very #### girl. She spent her days ##### for a friend." and your computer has to send the request again sometimes to get "Suzy #### a very lonely girl. She spent her days #### for a ####." if it is really bad. Actually the computer is asking for "What was the firth word you sent?" and getting back "Lonely" and plugging it into the sentence, so to speak, but you can see how that would make the game run like crap and crash when the server and game are going back and forth each asking what the other is doing right now.

Great. Then you do not have a problem.

Convincing me that I don't have a problem is where you and I diverge.

You calling people stupid and posting in the wrong forum is irony, I strongly urge you to go there if you actually care about getting any help.

AGAIN...quote where I called someone stupid who didn't insult me first...repeating a lie until it is true is very 1990's.

edit...now I KNOW yer crushin.

Edited by yardpro

You calling people stupid and posting in the wrong forum is irony, I strongly urge you to go there if you actually care about getting any help.

I might suggest that this is a discussion about priorities.

There is no troubleshooting that could solve a server side issue.

This too... if you don't have a Quad Core the game tends to run poorly.

I can definitely attest to that, still rocking a dual core pos. cpu bogs down before my gpu...moneies why you no grow on tree?

This too... if you don't have a Quad Core the game tends to run poorly.

intel core i7 2600 3.4 ghz

I'm buying you dinner Skyline!

They're working on server performance though, as evidenced by the patch notes that just went to stable.

:blush:

...no homo! Just food and thanks for being a voice of reason.

Canned Tuna's on me!

They're working on server performance though, as evidenced by the patch notes that just went to stable.

OHMUHGAWD...are you...actually...beginning...to...possibly...in a roundabout way without actually doing it....are you agreeing with me?

wow...4 pages of people being typical forum twats because I said "carebear" and finally on page five we begin to talk about getting the servers running smooth before adding a tool that makes logging in and out even harder.

Amazing.

This is like friggin congress.

Edited by yardpro

OHMUHGAWD...are you...actually...beginning...to...possibly...in a roundabout way without actually doing it....are you agreeing with me?

I was just discussing the angle of priorities, it's already being worked on. I still very much think you need to go to troubleshooting to discuss your connection issues as I suspect they're not entirely serverside, you keep saying yourself this thread is getting pages long and so few people are recognising it.

I was just discussing the angle of priorities, it's already being worked on. I still very much think you need to go to troubleshooting to discuss your connection issues as I suspect they're not entirely serverside, you keep saying yourself this thread is getting pages long and so few people are recognising it.

Dozens of posts this morning when I first checked the forums at 6AM central time. Dozens.

And if they're fixing it cool...you might have shared that 4 pages ago.

Edit in the meantime I've logged in and out of every game I own that goes online...from WoW to Diablo, GW2, Star Wars, Rift, yeah I like MMO"s

ALL run fine. 'Cept this one.

And again...not huge issues...when I can freely log in and out to find a stable server without adding 5 minutes per shot.

Edited by yardpro

I rarely get below 30 ping with decent internet, my mate is constantly in the low teens on the same server with a supposedly inferior broadband package...  really pisses me off!

• Like 1

Dozens of posts this morning when I first checked the forums at 6AM central time. Dozens.

And if they're fixing it cool...you might have shared that 4 pages ago.

They're working on server stability/performance generally, I didn't say they're working on your specific issue (which I still think is not entirely serverside). You keep bringing up these "dozens of posts" from this morning, maybe they got shifted off to troubleshooting. If you're remotely serious about getting this issue addressed I still think you should go there.

They're working on server stability/performance generally, I didn't say they're working on your specific issue (which I still think is not entirely serverside). You keep bringing up these "dozens of posts" from this morning, maybe they got shifted off to troubleshooting. If you're remotely serious about getting this issue addressed I still think you should go there.

Again, I've been playing MMO's since dialup...this is not new...step one deny there's a problem and funnel/lock all complaints but leave one or two so people can't say you're silencing anyone.

Plus there's the banning of the 90% of the complaints that ask for refunds and or swear and cuss etc.

That way any potential clients reading up on the forums to see what players are actually saying about the game before you buy it don't see the bad stuff.

Meanwhile the devs take care of the problem and never have to admit there was a problem in the first place.

Or haven't you noticed that every company uses phrases like "I'm sorry you are having difficulties" they will NEVER say "sorry we effed up".

One of the threads that got locked this morning was mine with over 20 replies....none by me.

That's why this is a brand new account.

Anyway...just thought I would do my part to get the word out...maybe some kid ready to spend 30 bucks has second thoughts before parting with his leaf raking money.

See...some people...like kids in my neighborhood...actually work for their money and don't just scan a credit card.

So while all the cute folks with 300+ posts get to sit here all day chatting...some people got be outside working (cept when its 30F outside thank gawd)

And then they spend it on a game that doesn't work.

So I did my part to prevent anyone else from getting a bad deal..

Edited by yardpro

Great. Then you do not have a problem.

Convincing me that I don't have a problem is where you and I diverge.

You do have a problem. YOU. It's not the servers. Look, I tried really hard to be nice to you despite you coming across with a ton of attitude but if you don't want help and don't want to look into YOUR issue then enjoy your life and don't play the game. Fact: You have a problem. Fact: doesn't seem to be happening to most people. I can come up with a conclusion then that it is either your system, your game, or whatever is between you and the servers... like maybe an ocean or two. It's possible you live in the place furthest from where any DayZ:SA server is located that still gets highspeed internet. In which case it STILL isn't BI's fault no one decided to rent out a server near you. 

• Like 1

You do have a problem. YOU. It's not the servers. Look, I tried really hard to be nice to you despite you coming across with a ton of attitude but if you don't want help and don't want to look into YOUR issue then enjoy your life and don't play the game. Fact: You have a problem. Fact: doesn't seem to be happening to most people. I can come up with a conclusion then that it is either your system, your game, or whatever is between you and the servers... like maybe an ocean or two. It's possible you live in the place furthest from where any DayZ:SA server is located that still gets highspeed internet. In which case it STILL isn't BI's fault no one decided to rent out a server near you. 

How do you know it's not happening to most people?

And honestly I read all of your advice...but none of it was good.

I'm sorry you're butthurt.

And I could give a fig if you like me or not silly little man.

Again, I've been playing MMO's since dialup...this is not new...step one deny there's a problem and funnel/lock all complaints but leave one or two so people can't say you're silencing anyone.

Again with the conspiracy theories. Look, I am genuinely trying to offer the most helpful piece of advice I can right now, I have told you that your best chance of getting help is to visit the Troubleshooting forum. As Mercules just said this is not an issue that seems to come up a lot, at least not in this forum but maybe it does in the Troubleshooting forum.

If you are serious about getting real help with the issue, as opposed to just ranting about the server performance and how you think the devs are trying to screw you, then please make a thread there. That's where you will get the most help, that's where you're most likely to get an answer that might even resolve your issue entirely.

• Like 1

Again with the conspiracy theories. Look, I am genuinely trying to offer the most helpful piece of advice I can right now, I have told you that your best chance of getting help is to visit the Troubleshooting forum. As Mercules just said this is not an issue that seems to come up a lot, at least not in this forum but maybe it does in the Troubleshooting forum.

If you are serious about getting real help with the issue, as opposed to just ranting about the server performance and how you think the devs are trying to screw you, then please make a thread there. That's where you will get the most help, that's where you're most likely to get an answer that might even resolve your issue entirely.

What conspiracy...it's common business practices. I worked for blizzard support back in the 90's and this stuff was in their printed manual. Obviously not in those words...but same result...

Deny and deflect to buy time while they fix it.

Also...for the 50th time...there is no huge connection issue...just laggy servers. But a 5 minute delay added to relogging makes a minor issue into a pain in the ass.

Now for the love of gawd take 5 seconds to see if maybe I have a point instead of using every single one of your brain cells to tell me I'm wrong and maybe just maybe you'll see what I mean.

Edited by yardpro

for the 50th time...there is no huge connection issue...just laggy servers

Mercules and I are trying to tell you that this issue doesn't seem to come up so often as to indicate that your issue is entirely server-side. I repeat: If you're serious about investigating this issue and aren't here just to rant and accuse the developers of dodgy business practices, please do yourself the best favour and make a thread in Troubleshooting. What do you have to lose by trying?

• Like 1

am i the only one that has found a work around to the timer? really?

You guys are being really mean.

You are hijacking the OPs discussion thread about the Order in which things were done.

Sidetracked by whether it is server or client problem.

Mercules and I are trying to tell you that this issue doesn't seem to come up so often as to indicate that your issue is entirely server-side. I repeat: If you're serious about investigating this issue and aren't here just to rant and accuse the developers of dodgy business practices, please do yourself the best favour and make a thread in Troubleshooting. What do you have to lose by trying?

I just pointed out three people in the last three minutes with similar issues.

I'm sorry but now I have to believe you are fuggin with me.