Sign in to follow this  
Sinphaltimus

When Zeds Attack!

This is not a complaint. I love it. Scary as hell. 

Post patch yesterday, north of Cherno.

These two videos in one were taken 10 minutes apart. i couldn't believe how dangerous it was to be there and I'm not worried about other humans at the moment. 

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

I noticed  this as well when I tried my zombieherding experiment some time ago. Those apartment blocks probably contain the highest concentration of zombies in the game. I went around maybe two or three of those blocks and I counted more than 20 zombies. Some players complain that DayZ SA is just a DM game, but I can recommend going there to be reminded that, at least in localised areas, it is indeed still very much a zombie shooter.

Also if you want to improve your axing skills I can recommend melee fps' like Chivalry. At least I have noticed a considerable degree of improvement in regards to melee combat from before and after I played that game. I used to suck whenever it came down to melee fighting in all the fps's I have played, but now I seldom need more than one swing with the axe to dispose of my target.

• Like 1

I am pretty good at chivalry. I'm not usually bad at killing Zeds with an axe except in 1PP. 3PP I don't have issues fighting multiple Zeds, but 1PP is so damn scary, I'm beginning to prefer it.
And for that matter, I do need practice. I haven't really played 1PP all that much in DayZ - not used to it at all.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Damn yo. That's some crazy shit. Also, very cool intro!

The other day a friend and I had an encounter in the woods. At first we saw one zed wandering in the forest. We thought it was odd and decided it must've followed a player out there. So we nonchalantly walked up to kill it when out of nowhere we got swarmed. Two more popped up from behind us then another two came running into the fray.

Needless to say we were taken by surprise and completely confused. We survived the encounter and continued, but we were still perplexed at how it happened.

It was very fun and exhilarating and hopefully these types of engagements will continue.

The woods are no longer safe!

• Like 1

That area of the map is pretty laggy, although I haven't been there since the latest patch so it may be improved. When I was last there the zeds are harder to kill than usual due to the lag, wouldn't beat him up about it.

• Like 1