Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

So About Being Unconcious

If I wait 30 minutes will I actually get up? I've never tried it. But I've read that you don't always come back. I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything. 

Edited by Solopopo

Just don't be bleeding too much.

I've come back from a long wait a couple of times.  More often then not though if you're unconscious a long time you're pretty much dead and or will be naked if you revive.  Better to just respawn.

I got shot last night.  Shot many many times, I thought it was a pistol (turned out to be an M4).  I was healthy and green hydration/energy.  When I finally went unconscious I lay there for a solid 3 minutes maybe as long as 5 (I didn't time it).  My buddy finished off the foe and came to bandage me as I lay dying on the ground.  He then used both the epi-pen's we had on us and some morphine.  Yet, I still lay unconscious on the ground.  Finally after the 3-5mins I woke up.  Blurry as hell, black and white vision but alive.

I'm pretty sure I was very very close to death but because I was healthy I was regenerating blood to slow my dying process.  After my friend bandaged me (after finding some that weren't ruined), I was able to regenerate blood until I reached the level of blood needed to be conscious.

So, I'm pretty sure that unconscious =/= death.  That being said, if you are below the blood level needed to be conscious, NOT bleeding and not healthy enough to regenerate blood, you may just lay there forever who knows.

I got shot last night.  Shot many many times, I thought it was a pistol (turned out to be an M4).  I was healthy and green hydration/energy.  When I finally went unconscious I lay there for a solid 3 minutes maybe as long as 5 (I didn't time it).  My buddy finished off the foe and came to bandage me as I lay dying on the ground.  He then used both the epi-pen's we had on us and some morphine.  Yet, I still lay unconscious on the ground.  Finally after the 3-5mins I woke up.  Blurry as hell, black and white vision but alive.

I'm pretty sure I was very very close to death but because I was healthy I was regenerating blood to slow my dying process.  After my friend bandaged me (after finding some that weren't ruined), I was able to regenerate blood until I reached the level of blood needed to be conscious.

So, I'm pretty sure that unconscious =/= death.  That being said, if you are below the blood level needed to be conscious, NOT bleeding and not healthy enough to regenerate blood, you may just lay there forever who knows.

No blood =/= death,

no health = death 

shock > blood = unconscious 

blood < 500 = unconscious

good videos for anyone who is curious how health, or obtaining a healthy status, works in Dayz SA:

I just re-spawn, gearing is so easy.

This is also a problem in Dayz, People would rather commit suicide then have value in keeping a player alive, however, I can agree if you are unconscious in the middle of the forest in solo play, respawning is a better option.

It seems the length of unconsciousness vary greatly. I have seen videos of people getting up 2 minutes after having been shot. I have myself several times waited for a very long time with no result (eventually logging off) from some forms of melee wounds.

I find it funny you can direct comm. while unconscious and not while dead, as if while unconscious you can still project thoughts with your brain or something lol

No blood =/= death,

no health = death 

shock > blood = unconscious 

blood < 500 = unconscious

good videos for anyone who is curious how health, or obtaining a healthy status, works in Dayz SA:

Yup those are great videos that's only reason why I knew I had a high chance of waking up.

• Like 1

I find it funny you can direct comm. while unconscious and not while dead, as if while unconscious you can still project thoughts with your brain or something lol

We all gained super powers when we survived the infection.

A few days ago, I became conscious after 4-5 minutes. But the very imporant thing, is to be sure, that you have your wounds bandaged by someone. Try to use epi-pen/defib because it may work..