hard2say

Possible Solution/Fix For Ghosting

Screw my original (deleted) idea!

So far one of my favorite suggestions to combat "ghosting" is to have 30 seconds until the user can equip weapon or raise fists when logging in. The player can still move around and interact with the environment to escape zombies or other players. If you can't spot a person "ghosting" after that 30 second period then you are S.O.L.

I like ^ in addition to the "server-hopper fix" from the last patch.

Edited by hard2say
  • Like 2

No, thanks, i'll get lost, especially with my clan, it'll be like Dora the Explorer trying to find your partners again.

Edited by TedZ
  • Like 2

No, thanks, i'll get lost, especially with my clan, it'll be like Dora the Explorer trying to find your partners again.

Hell, if anything this should help people like you that can't read a map. *shrug*  Thanks for your input though.

People like me who can't read a map? What are you saying, i've played over 200hours, plenty more than you, i pretty much know the entire map, i do not want to waste my time travelling around because of this idea, i would like it to stay as it is..

RGDS

Ted

Edited by TedZ

People like me who can't read a map? What are you saying, i've played over 200hours, plenty more than you, i pretty much know the entire map, i do not want to waste my time travelling around because of this idea, i would like it to stay as it is..

RGDS

Ted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't say that you'd get lost? :|

No, for at the very least that fact of the possibility of logging out in a safe bush and logging back into the middle of an open field. 

Not feeling it, I feel like the server-hopping penalties are probably enough to combat ghosting. This comes across as a little too extreme for me. It's like using a pickaxe where a scalpel is needed.

• Like 1

The solution is already in with the last patch. It's working. Thanks for trying, Better luck next time!

Not feeling it, I feel like the server-hopping penalties are probably enough to combat ghosting. This comes across as a little too extreme for me. It's like using a pickaxe where a scalpel is needed.

Or, using a fireaxe to open a can of beans...

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1

The solution is already in with the last patch. It's working. Thanks for trying, Better luck next time!

Not trying to "make my mark" here little fella.  Funny you say the solution went in with the last patch - had a squad of 4 killed last night due to ghosting.  If you think 5 minutes is going to detour people who ghost, you've got another thing coming.

I know I know, we're bads and need to get better or find another game. *shrug*

Forum mods, lock this thread please.  If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.

Not trying to "make my mark" here little fella.  Funny you say the solution went in with the last patch - had a squad of 4 killed last night due to ghosting.  If you think 5 minutes is going to detour people who ghost, you've got another thing coming.

Forum mods, lock this thread please.  If you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.

Ideas are ideas, please keep them coming. I don't think ghosting is "solved" per se, it's still a problem, just less of one. If you can come up with an idea that's less intrusive towards those that don't ghost, I may be more inclined to support it.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't say that you'd get lost? :|

Sure, maybe i will, but i'll find my ways, i just don't like this idea, or generally how you commented about me not knowing the map

/end 

Sure, maybe i will, but i'll find my ways, i just don't like this idea, or generally how you commented about me not knowing the map

/end 

Understood.  Generally speaking, I avoid people who contradict themselves, so your departure is welcomed. :)  Grab a map if you don't remember which way you came in.  :thumbsup:

Not trying to "make my mark" here little fella.

Not sure where that comment is coming from WRT what I wrote.

Funny you say the solution went in with the last patch - had a squad of 4 killed last night due to ghosting.  If you think 5 minutes is going to detour people who ghost, you've got another thing coming.

I contend it is a deterent, even if not a perfect one. It isn't going to deter the most persistent exploiters, but NOTHING is. Even your solution wouldn't have bought you much. 5 mins staring at a timer or 5 mins running back. Take your pick. TBH, a squad of four sitting in one place or close enough to it that they can be killed by ghosting IS doing something wrong. I'm sorry. You don't just sit there and let the enemy flank you. End of.

Your comment there.

Not sure where that comment is coming from WRT what I wrote.

I contend it is a deterent, even if not a perfect one. It isn't going to deter the most persistent exploiters, but NOTHING is. Even your solution wouldn't have bought you much. 5 mins staring at a timer or 5 mins running back. Take your pick. TBH, a squad of four sitting in one place or close enough to it that they can be killed by ghosting IS doing something wrong. I'm sorry. You don't just sit there and let the enemy flank you. End of.

Your comment there.

You've made some valid points and I appreciate them.  All in all, I've only been the "victim" of intentional ghosting twice in the time that I've spent in game and still believe it to be game breaking.

So far one of my favorite suggestions to combat "ghosting" is to have 30 seconds until the user can equip weapon or raise fists when logging in. The player can still move around and interact with the environment to escape zombies or other players. If you can't spot a person "ghosting" after that 30 second period then you are S.O.L.

• Like 1