Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Goodbye KoS = Crafting: Cannot chamber/load magazine with ruined ammunition

I'm glad you have taken upon your vast shoulders, the role of arbiter for the community in deciding what gameplay style is "proper". I have been running and looting, aimlessly wandering without a clue as to how to play this game "right", but now you have defined it and become my Messiah.

I dont want your gear. I have my own or know where to find it.

I want you to respawn by Berezino, and know that you just got rolled.

My enjoyment of the game comes from playing how I want to play, not how YOU think the game "idealogy" dictates what is right or wrong for gameplay styles. If I rob you its because I'm bored, not because 'thats the way rocket wants me to play'. Going out on a limb here, but my guess is that rocket doesnt give 2 fucks for how you or I decide to approach our gameplay- the open world sandbox design is indicative of that, a lot more than anything in game is indicative of your perceived 'game idealogy'. Sorry pal, but I am not changing up my playstyle just so you can have exponentially more fun. I kill on sight because thats what WE want to do, and thats what gives US exponentially more fun. And if it gets you butthurt in the process, THAT makes it exponentially more fun for me and my crew, so please continue whining about us when we rape you with no apparent rhyme nor reason- remember, you'll be making the game exponentially more fun for us.

People also keep forgetting about the adreniline rush you get from getting into a firefight. It's a winner talk all scenario you don't get in other shooters. You can't play Battlefield, get shot and then have to spend hours slogging through the server trying to re-gear. This means that when you engage a person / people, you run the risk of getting yourself killed if you make a mistake. My heart is always pounding in gun fights, whether I start them or not.

The only time I find KOS'ing distasteful is killing bambis or if I'm in a group and that person is alone and unarmed. Then we might dick with you, but nothing bad.

Then again, I tend to hang around Balota. Everyone there is armed to the teeth when they show up, so no, I'm not going to risk trying to rob you, only for you to suddenly desync through a wall or run so fast you look like you're teleporting because this game has a tough time of keeping up with people who are sprinting. So no, the way I'm going to make sure you aren't looting the area I want to loot is to shoot you. All your stuff ruined? That's fine with me, because you didn't get the stuff in the bases I might want.

Edited by Demoth
  • Like 1

what if I play to snipe anything that moves in front of me? I'm getting very good at aiming to people heads :) who cares about the loot once I got a mosin, long range scope and ammo... :D

ps: I don't just do that all the time, of course, but somehow it relaxes me finding a nice place and waiting for anything to happen.

Edited by merlointhesky

People also keep forgetting about the adreniline rush you get from getting into a firefight. It's a winner talk all scenario you don't get in other shooters. You can't play Battlefield, get shot and then have to spend hours slogging through the server trying to re-gear. This means that when you engage a person / people, you run the risk of getting yourself killed if you make a mistake. My heart is always pounding in gun fights, whether I start them or not.

^this. Every fight, win or lose, I always take a minute and enjoy the rush. I'll always come back for more, is so good.

what if I play to snipe anything that moves in front of me? I'm getting very good at aiming to people heads :) who cares about the loot once I got a mosin, long range scope and ammo... :D

ps: I don't just do that all the time, of course, but somehow it relaxes me finding a nice place and waiting for anything to happen.

long range is pretty hard to come by so...

No apparent reason is still a good enough reason for a lot of people.

Sport.

Its the only reason I need, any gear I recover is a bonus but its not the main point, not by a long long chalk.  There is only one way to stop KoS in Dayz: remove all weapons from the game and remove the ability to punch.

Sport.

Its the only reason I need, any gear I recover is a bonus but its not the main point, not by a long long chalk.  There is only one way to stop KoS in Dayz: remove all weapons from the game and remove the ability to punch.

I meant good bye as in fewer people that KoS.

I'm glad you have taken upon your vast shoulders, the role of arbiter for the community in deciding what gameplay style is "proper". I have been running and looting, aimlessly wandering without a clue as to how to play this game "right", but now you have defined it and become my Messiah.

I dont want your gear. I have my own or know where to find it.

I want you to respawn by Berezino, and know that you just got rolled.

My enjoyment of the game comes from playing how I want to play, not how YOU think the game "idealogy" dictates what is right or wrong for gameplay styles. If I rob you its because I'm bored, not because 'thats the way rocket wants me to play'. Going out on a limb here, but my guess is that rocket doesnt give 2 fucks for how you or I decide to approach our gameplay- the open world sandbox design is indicative of that, a lot more than anything in game is indicative of your perceived 'game idealogy'. Sorry pal, but I am not changing up my playstyle just so you can have exponentially more fun. I kill on sight because thats what WE want to do, and thats what gives US exponentially more fun. And if it gets you butthurt in the process, THAT makes it exponentially more fun for me and my crew, so please continue whining about us when we rape you with no apparent rhyme nor reason- remember, you'll be making the game exponentially more fun for us.

601189_228728780577301_334068546_n%5B1%5

• Like 2

Good thing my axe doesn't need ammo! Bwahahahahahha

But seriously. <3'z for the rapid release of new toys to play with. I look forward the the sewing kit, Ruger 10/22, and the biker jacket!

Edited by Rudette

Now the only reason you would KoS is to be sadistic/kill someone for no apparent reason.

Not.

When I KoS, it has nothing to do with getting what they have. If they do happen to have something I need, that's just a bonus.

Mainly it's about preventing them from killing me. Eliminating the threat.  I usually don't even risk looting them, I just reposition quickly in case someone else heard the shot.

Getting what you need in this game is easy. Even with the reduced loot recently I can find what I need to get and stay healthy without interacting with other players.

Getting a gun is harder but If I have one then I probably already have everything else I need. If I don't have one I won't be KoSing anyway.

To put it simply, People don't KoS just to take what you have, so it will make no difference.

• Like 1

To put it simply, People don't KoS just to take what you have, so it will make no difference.

I find people who speak absolutes to be sad. No difference? Are you sure?

Yeah um, OP, this doesn't really change a whole lot. It just means that bandits have to be more careful and shoot their prey in the legs and head to make sure the backpack is untouched.

Seriously...why on earth do some of you people insist on thinking this new patch is going to stop or curb KoSing?

Yeah um, OP, this doesn't really change a whole lot. It just means that bandits have to be more careful and shoot their prey in the legs and head to make sure the backpack is untouched.

Seriously...why on earth do some of you people insist on thinking this new patch is going to stop or curb KoSing?

again thinking black and white

put ruined ammo in pristine magazine and then empty it and u got pristine ammo ....

Crafting: Cannot chamber/load magazine with ruined ammunition

How do you not read the first post?

it doesnt ruin all their items. i killed two armed guys yesterday and one had some pristine 357 ammo for my python.. so people will still be KoSing for ammo and whatnot.

it doesnt ruin all their items. i killed two armed guys yesterday and one had some pristine 357 ammo for my python.. so people will still be KoSing for ammo and whatnot.

lol xD

again thinking black and white

It's not black and white dude, that's just the way it is.

Anyone who's been playing long will understand. KoS is not about taking their stuff, it's about self defense or simple sport.

Are there some people who mainly kill to gather resources?  Probably.

Will those people now stop killing because the loot will be ruined?  No.

Smart players will rob you and then shoot you or leave you naked.

Others will simply go for the head shot or they will pray and spray as always and pick through what spoils remain usable if any.

Base on my experience, this will not change a single players behavior. It will just cause more griping on the forums about how items shouldn't be ruined if I shot him in the legs.

Edited by Hutch

Did you realize what you had typed just now?  Do you even know what KoS means? You just acknowledged the change and yet you say the following;

so it will make no difference.

Do you even read bro?

No difference means no players will change their behavior. Or at least not enough to make a difference.

Those who kill on sight now will continue to do so because they are doing it for sport or for defense.

Ruined items don't matter. At least not enough to make a difference.

Now the only reason you would KoS is to be sadistic/kill someone for no apparent reason.

Which is the primary reason most people KoS, therefore most people have no reason to change.

Ergo, KoS will not go away. The game will not change in any significant way.

Edited by Hutch

Do you even read bro?

No difference means no players will change their behavior.

So basically you are saying "no difference" then you are saying some people will not KoS and instead hold people up and then kill. lol/

Isn't that some difference in action. I really wonder if you know what KoS is cause you've already agreed with me in that KoS will decrease/interaction would increase.

Oh boy.

Crafting: Cannot chamber/load magazine with ruined ammunition

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171660-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-034xxxxx/

Sorry, you missed the memo.

Most of the KOSers don't really care.

They have a million reasons WHY they should shoot you:

- I wanted some of his stuff

- I wanted to keep him away from my stuff

- I got surprised

- I like killing people

- I like handcuffing and feeding people rotten fruit till they die

And not one reason they wouldn't shoot you............

They removed 1 of 1 million reasons why KOS is the only style of gameplay in this game.

Yawn.........better luck next time Rocket.  How bout you get a HUMANITY SYSTEM in there?

Sorry, you missed the memo.

Most of the KOSers don't really care.

They have a million reasons WHY they should shoot you:

- I wanted some of his stuff

- I wanted to keep him away from my stuff

- I got surprised

- I like killing people

- I like handcuffing and feeding people rotten fruit till they die

And not one reason they wouldn't shoot you............

They removed 1 of 1 million reasons why KOS is the only style of gameplay in this game.

Yawn.........better luck next time Rocket. How bout you get a HUMANITY SYSTEM in there?

lol what the heck is with you dudes. I made this topic cause I was focusing on the chance of the likelihood of people holding up people. Not crying my eyes about KoS.

and I laughed at you moaning about Rocket.

Edited by CrazyandLazy

mmm yeah i feel this thread needs a definition between KoS'er and Bandit real quick.

Both might kill you, sure. However, a standard "bandit" is a player on the "dark side" of things who plays within the ideology of DayZ. They engage their target in a game-friendly manner. Notice I said game-friendly... doesn't mean they'll be nice at all. This may mean point blank robbing them, whether they kill afterward or not is really of no consequence, or if they know they're going to kill they may stalk their target first without saying or engaging the player directly at all. It is up to the player being stalked to recognize this.

A KoS'er is either a scared player, or a person looking to play a shooter. They are killing people to protect their own ass in lieu of everyone having a good time by the design of the game.

It's all this same mentality with KoS'ers, exploiters, hackers, glitchers, or whatever they're called this year in this game. Their enjoyment of the game is, at any cost, vastly more important than everyone's shared enjoyment of the game.

What they don't realize is, if you find a lobby/server in a game where everyone is playing "properly," whether they're working against eachother or with eachother, or some combination of the two, everyone in the game has exponentially more fun.

Care to provide empirical evidence?

I only ask because people enjoy different things, or similar things for different reasons. Making a generalization, that one group plays within the mindset of the game, while another group doesn't is nothing more than a matter of opinion, and an arbitrary distinction. Ditto the claim that everyone would have exponentially more fun, which, when I get right down to it, I would love to hear how you are able to quantify enjoyment...

Sorry to pick on you. From your point of view, what you say may be true. But from that of others, it may not. In my own opinion, KoS players don't detract from my enjoyment at all. They are another challenge I have to overcome, which I am thankful for, as the other challenges of the game are... nearly toothless. I may die more, but those times that I do not, that I manage to take someone out, are quite enjoyable.

Edited by louist

Ammo spawns in buckets on the servers, I can fully deck out my char with every slot with ammo even on high pop servers in less then an hour...

changes nothing

Edited by ASDF991

Not.

When I KoS, it has nothing to do with getting what they have. If they do happen to have something I need, that's just a bonus.

Mainly it's about preventing them from killing me. Eliminating the threat.  I usually don't even risk looting them, I just reposition quickly in case someone else heard the shot.

Getting what you need in this game is easy. Even with the reduced loot recently I can find what I need to get and stay healthy without interacting with other players.

Getting a gun is harder but If I have one then I probably already have everything else I need. If I don't have one I won't be KoSing anyway.

This.  So much this.