Sign in to follow this  
xTyler73

Combat Logger Didn't Know It Was Patched

I lov ethis new combat logg fix but why isnt here function like in WoW? I mean if in WoW u logout you got a table with .. Exiting game in 30 .. 29 ... 28... 27...26 ...25 ... 24 etc.. You know..

Sorry for my english.

Lol combat loggers will rage now, don't know what happened to is body should of looted him first then shot him lol, smart thinking on the punch the wall to make him think an sniper toke a shot at him lol. Find a safe place to log out this game has danger every were you should always be watching from when you log on till you log off.

Edited by Fruit_loop87

I lov ethis new combat logg fix but why isnt here function like in WoW? I mean if in WoW u logout you got a table with .. Exiting game in 30 .. 29 ... 28... 27...26 ...25 ... 24 etc.. You know..

Sorry for my english.

Dean has stated it puts too much strain on the server and is more easily exploitable.

Great vid. First, the guy is planning to snipe others, but when HE is been ``fired´´ upon...log out! Glad you got him OP.

About logging out: It´s damn easy to find a safe place to log out. Even near the coast, get outta town and run <50 m in to the woods. Look around you for 15 secs while hiding in a bush, before logging. Running into players in  the woods is so rare anyway.

You know... if you hit the space button you can swing your axe forward instead of swinging it to the side lol :P

Edited by w0lf3x

Never played an MMO, then?  They all have logout timers for the same reason as DayZ.

Logging out is, in my mind, the same as your character going to sleep.  If you can find somewhere safe to sleep, you'll rarely have a problem

It isn't that if my character is going to sleep. Even if you are safe in a bush. You can log out in a bush and even if you scouted the woods there is a chance someone can find you. This idea was fucking horrible. If I ever log out and log back in with no loot I will assume it is because of this and will be pissed. Sure people can't combat log but this does more harm then good. Especially for new players. Difference from dieing when you're online and dieing when you're logged off. Whether the player is smart or not the new player is screwed and you are only helping the ones that are very well experienced.

It isn't that if my character is going to sleep. Even if you are safe in a bush. You can log out in a bush and even if you scouted the woods there is a chance someone can find you. This idea was fucking horrible. If I ever log out and log back in with no loot I will assume it is because of this and will be pissed. Sure people can't combat log but this does more harm then good. Especially for new players. Difference from dieing when you're online and dieing when you're logged off. Whether the player is smart or not the new player is screwed and you are only helping the ones that are very well experienced.

Its a 30 seconds timer... Ive logged out in a house in a large city a few times now on a packed server (40 players) and haven't been killed... I expect I will be and it WILL be my OWN damn fault.

If dying in DayZ pisses you off you should reevaluate things a bit.

Its a 30 seconds timer... Ive logged out in a house in a large city a few times now on a packed server (40 players) and haven't been killed... I expect I will be and it WILL be my OWN damn fault.

If dying in DayZ pisses you off you should reevaluate things a bit.

I am fine with dieing as long as it is my fault. In DayZ if you get shot and don't know where from that is your fault. If you lose a fight that is your fault. If you log off and someone finds your body that is NOT your fault. When you log off you should be logged off. There is a timer to stop people from ghosting. If people are so desperate to combat log that is their own problem. I personally don't want to die because someone found me logged off. DayZ is about situations and reactions to those situations. Can't react if you aren't online.

combat logging is logging while in combat..... his punches put the guy in combat and he logged. its the same in the mod, if someone near you shoots you cant log except alt+f4 but most servers have a detection system for that and punish people who combat log like scared girls.

Yeah maybe i entered the building for scouting and when i leave the building someone comes through the other entrance? 

Good thinking. 

P.S. Don't be flamer

you defend the combat loggers so faithfully.... havent you had anyone combat log on you? its a stupid way to run away..... if your good 30 seconds is nothing. if your a combat logger then you deserve getting your head chopped off and all your stuff taken.

nice use of the melee ricoshet sound but your skill with melee weapon is  :rolleyes: 

yeah I didn't realise having the axed raised makes it swing to the side lol.

Also, RIP bullet fists :(

I am fine with dieing as long as it is my fault. In DayZ if you get shot and don't know where from that is your fault. If you lose a fight that is your fault. If you log off and someone finds your body that is NOT your fault. When you log off you should be logged off. There is a timer to stop people from ghosting. If people are so desperate to combat log that is their own problem. I personally don't want to die because someone found me logged off. DayZ is about situations and reactions to those situations. Can't react if you aren't online.

As other people said, you look around before you log out, and when you do, log out in a bush/tree/or anyplace else that is safe.  Hit F3, see what you look like when you log out if you play on a 3PP server, or make sure you have enough foliage around you when you're in 1PP and you log out.  I've had people walk right past me while I was sitting in bushes when I wasn't logging out, it's not that hard to get hidden when you log out for 30 seconds.  The only people this hurts are the lazy people who don't want to think about where the safest places to log out are/combat loggers/ and server hoppers who log out in the high traffic areas.

Punching the wall! I was wondering why you went to "okay, my snipers going to kill you now" so fast.

Loved this! Loggers really boil my piss!

...And just to weigh in on the argument, it is such a good way of dealing with the combat logging problem! It is obvious when someone logs, and whoever 'forced' the person to combat log is able to take advantage of the guilty's cowardice, I reckon you'd have to be awfully unlucky to fall foul of this if you were simply logging off in a bush somewhere.

...unless you were a total muppet! I always find a nice out of the way spot before logging off, it helps a lot when you log back in knowing you are not going to be under pressure straight away, giving you time to settle in.