Sign in to follow this  
Hethwill_Khan

Down in a blaze ( no pics )

Sadly I didn't record.

After the evening squad logged off yesterday ( on route to Berezino ) I decided to stay a bit longer on my own go into town and pick a fight. ( given our server was low population I went into the Irish Guards server, or similar name IIRC - thumbs up the server has no delays, great one. )

Lies...

I actually did make a detour and went to check the shipwreck from the cliff and was occupied by, at least, 2 full military suit figures. I went back into the shadows, because I didn't feel it to be a good place for an ambush and I was fearing any rearguard around the rocks. On my way to Berezino.

I didn't sprint but went in at a broken pace, walking here, marching there, stopping at corners, watching over the shoulder.

Eventually made my way into the main street downtown and met the first new spawn which got alarmingly startled by the full apron gear and gun. Talking did not help him feeling more safe he just disappeared somewhere. I shrug and move on keeping that watchful eye.

As I enter the factory plant offices I stumble upon a second survivor, half geared, with an base bat, shiny baby blue pack and a michelin'man jacket, we traded a few words but then gunfire broke our chat and we scurried back into the residential blocks. He disappears and I go up to the second floors and try to see where the firefight was taking place. As I could hear a mosin and 2 assault rifles were involved but the sound was somewhat distant.

I get down and meet the Michelin man again in a garage by the smoke stash. I help him a bit with spare canteen and other important things. He tells me he is waiting a buddy which got delayed at the "school". ... gunfire breaks our conversation again... and it sounds it comes from that side. We again scurry somewhere but I intended on investigating this uproar on my town ( Berezino is the Movement of the Red Star capital !!! ).

Moving through the backyards of the houses I spot a Mosin armed figure deploying fast and moving away from the factory grounds. I take a shaded position angled with the broken bushes and lay in wait. He had moved into the corner house. A couple minutes later someone charges in the block and I think he kills the Mosin guy ( black shirt, no backpack ). At this moment I sprint into the archway in hopes of cutting the way of the supposed offender or at least see what's going on. It is a no go. I move to the backyards again.

Now I see the Michelin man moving along the railway wall, probably trying to reach his buddy at the school and more gunfire ensues. Moving up to the planks storage I see 4 figures, 3 in full military, 1 half equipped. The Michelin man gets killed and as he falls more gunfire keeps blazing most probably killing his buddy.

I lay in wait and keep moving slowly amongst the wood planks ( this is an awesome position when outnumbered ! ).

Eventually all the 4 gather in the open space between the barn and the factory plant; from my position it was front right, like 1 o'clock. One of them is still checking the closest perimeter, but I guess having slain 3 survivors they feel safe enough ( even if the server was 30+ at that hour ).

As they start to eat, bandage and sort out their inventories I open fire. One drops dead right away, shot in the backhead, and a second a bit to his right catches the second half burst and drops severely wounded and tries to crawl. Two remaining and I reposition to the left on the planks, afraid the third soldier type goes into a enfilade on me. Good enough they didn't see where I was shooting from and the third comes back and crouches at the corner of the building behind the school. The civilian type is still moving around but eventually settles down trying to recover whatever equipment his buddies had.

I unleash fire again, and wound the soldier type and the civilian. Both drop prone and return fire. Soldier type stops moving, I think he went unconscious, but the bandit-civilian dude marks a pistol shot right in my forehead...

... you are dead ... comes up on the screen.

Body Count:

- 1 TMK KIA

- 2 civilians KIA

- 2 bandits KIA

- 2 bandits wounded ( 1 KIA not confirmed )

Reasoning back I think these dudes were the same looting the shipwreck. They might have done their way from the airfield, down through Svet, to the ship and back to Berezino. There was only one identified squad in game with 4 elements with tag, but that means nothing.

That half an hour of tension was priceless.

Thank you guys, whomever you are, both innocents and bandits. Was a great gaming moment.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

One important factor - no one combat logged even when they didn't see where they were being shot from and down 2. 

Cool story. Pretty awesome when players can dish it out and take it back ... makes it all even and worthwhile.