aeoliana

I have never had so much fun

@op: the timer system is meant to work in tandem with respawning loot - which will be implemented later during alpha.

Both systems working together will hugely improve DayZ.

Edited by Mandrake

I put searched in quotes for a reason, what I mean is that I have found all those items at airstrips devoid of zombies with doors that should have been closed open, meaning another player had been there. Another great indicator is emptied magazines, as ,agazines can only spawn full finding empty ones means someone else has been there.

..so your problem (my assumption) with this is what? any players before you had left pristine items for you to pick up ^^

Edited by mssing

..and what do you do? you simply run through the rooms anyway? that would simply be incomprehensibly stupid ^^

..so your problem (my assumption) with this is what? any players before you had left pristine items for you to pick up ^^

You state that searching an airstrip that someone else has been to is incomprehensibly stupid, I point out that I have found just about every item that can spawn there, in airstrips other people have already been to.

According to you if I see the doors open, or magazines with bullets removed,well, I best get to hopping, Had I done this last night, I would have one less Pristine Acog and my buddy wouldn't have 60 round mags for his gun or a ballistic helmet, or a TSTKO jacket.

Yes other players left them, maybe they missed them, maybe they prefered a diffrent set up. The point is just becasue someone else has been to an airfield does not mean everything of value was taken.

I have to ask who exactly is incomprehensibly stupid?

Edited by Franchi

Staring at a black screen watching numbers count down because I'd rather spend 5 minutes doing nothing than spend 20 running to another town with fewer and worse quality spawns.

Working as intended.  Enjoy having to wait, kid.

The novelty of the survival aspect wears off after while as there is no real challenge in it. There is a point for most players where dying of starvation/thirst/environment becomes nearly impossible.

For me personally I didn't even think about server hopping until I had played for 80 hours. Now with over 200 hours I'm not really interested in spending another 4 to get to the challenging, high-risk part of the game that I enjoy (pvp). I had a ton of fun playing the game the way it was meant to be played (running from town to town for hours) but now I'm looking for a different experience. 

The reason I am complaining is that this 'fix' has done nothing to prevent server hopping. Airfields, schools and stations are still picked clean 5 minutes after a reset. All that the timer has done is make it take a little bit longer to accomplish the same results. 

As long as hopping is a necessity for being able to loot military installations and high yield spawn points before other players have cleaned them out there is no reason for a player interested in getting to 'end-game' (as some have called it) to play the game 'as designed'.

I will be all for the hop timers once loot respawns, but until then all it does is delay the inevitable.

But the same could be said about people who bitch about server hoppers. When you go into a server an nearly everything is looted wheres the fun in that? I've made long, boring trips from the northern airfield down to Balota, to a bunch of other places and all of them were looted, so how is it fair for me to just stay in the server and wait for a restart?

And numbers =/= survival rate. It's all about your play style. Relying on numbers to survive most of the times could be a crutch, someone fucks up, like shoots when they need to be silent, or makes a wrong step, anyone could be alerted to your area and safeties come off. 

Deity, I guess you have missed that the trendy thing to do is only think that every patch is a beautiul and perfect gift and that we should lick the developers taints.  If you question why players you kill disappear in 60 seconds now or point out that every other game in the world gives you a live countdown so you can defend yourself.......

you will just be called a server hopping bitch, because if you don't tow the line here and point out how the last two patches have made the game worse.......... again...... it automatically makes you a server hopper.

I have never seen such denial and extreme fan boyism in my life.   

The novelty of the survival aspect wears off after while as there is no real challenge in it. There is a point for most players where dying of starvation/thirst/environment becomes nearly impossible.

For me personally I didn't even think about server hopping until I had played for 80 hours. Now with over 200 hours I'm not really interested in spending another 4 to get to the challenging, high-risk part of the game that I enjoy (pvp). I had a ton of fun playing the game the way it was meant to be played (running from town to town for hours) but now I'm looking for a different experience. 

The reason I am complaining is that this 'fix' has done nothing to prevent server hopping. Airfields, schools and stations are still picked clean 5 minutes after a reset. All that the timer has done is make it take a little bit longer to accomplish the same results. 

As long as hopping is a necessity for being able to loot military installations and high yield spawn points before other players have cleaned them out there is no reason for a player interested in getting to 'end-game' (as some have called it) to play the game 'as designed'.

I will be all for the hop timers once loot respawns, but until then all it does is delay the inevitable.

The fix for this is more game development, more time there pooky!

More environmental hazards, survival elements, and zombies will give you other things to strive for and against than getting geared. Right now? The only threat is the human threat. When that changes, expect social dynamics, how we handle risk management, and the sustainability of the game to completely change.

Give it time.

Ok, let me start off, I know full well this is an alpha but there are still way too many problems. Server hopping, 2minutes is completely worth it. How come people can still combat log? Had six people combat log on me today. Unconscious system, still not working, epipen, defib, both not working. Furthermore, if i click respawn, i would like to respawn, not have to exit the server and rejoin first, and guess what? That means waiting now! This has been in for several updates, why not fixed? No fall damage either. And to top it all off with the release of the standalone, the influx of new players is unbelievable, good mostly but you get some real idiots. One guy, saw me, combat logs, logs back on four minutes later right behind me! wtf? Finally, disappearing items and "duplication" bodies, where it appears to duplictate, but really everything just disappears if more than one person tries to loot, with everyone ends up ploosing stuff, really not fair. And really devs, you've done a great job, but surely, there should be no glitches in the actual one if they've already gone through the beta testing! Why put glitchy and broken items into the real one when they're not working!  Sorry for the rant, but it really needs to be said.

Edited by shadowxwarfare

Staring at a black screen watching numbers count down because I'd rather spend 5 minutes doing nothing than spend 20 running to another town with fewer and worse quality spawns.

10/10, would collect tears again.

• Like 1

I really like this add, hoping servers is not the way to enjoy this game; maybe you need to go to another game ;)

• Like 1

Server hopping, 2minutes is completely worth it.

It goes up to a maximum of five minutes, currently. Work in progress/alpha.

How come people can still combat log? Had six people combat log on me today.

They shouldn't be able to unless they found some sort of work-around. Again, work in progress/alpha.

Unconscious system, still not working, epipen, defib, both not working.

I don't think epinephrine works yet, defib unit should work but it's dependant on the patient's shock and blood levels. Otherwise work in progress/alpha.

No fall damage either.

This was disabled for testing. Again, work in progress/alpha. I believe it has been or will be re-enabled on experimental.

One guy, saw me, combat logs, logs back on four minutes later right behind me! wtf?

Do you routinely stand still for a whole four minutes after seeing a player?

It's kind of darling though, that you made an account on this forum to make these complaints and the first one was about the combat logging/hopper protection.  :)

This thread just proves the system works.

When a bunch of butthurt people come out complaining about having to wait, or , God forbid move onto the next to loot.

• Like 2

..and what do you do? you simply run through the rooms anyway? that would simply be incomprehensibly stupid ^^

I've have found loads of loot in opened barracks. M4s, Clothes, Ammo.. the one (maybe a server hopper) couldn't just take it all with him... so yes, i run through opened barracks