wolfstriked

Karma's a bitch!!

Posted this in another topic but it will get lost and disappear.

What makes bad people?If you think about crime you will realize that people who do bad things mostly seem to have been up shits creek a time or two.Drug dealers deal drugs why...to get a better life.The reason why alot of drug dealers are from slums seems like no excuse but its reality.Many murders take place from bad situations happening.Yes there always psychos etc but crime stems from hard lives and wanting a better one.

I think the game needs a deterent to being a bandit and bad luck fits the bill here as it mimicks real life well.By giving bandits reduced loot drops you instill in them anger and that turns into murder and mayhem.So you wanna kill that person for their loot?You do it and your now forced into a life of murder.From then on you will find little loot and have to become a crazed killer.:P

Then to put a little cream cheese frosting on their cake.... hurt their pride by a removal of their stats from leaderboards.

Posted this in another topic but it will get lost and disappear.

I can see why it did last time.

I take it your not the good hearted types,in DayZ,by your name.You wanna be a prick and kill people instead of looting the humane way.But if killing from then on is forced on you,why do you care?This will deter the desperate people who kill once and then say thats it.LOL

I take it your not the good hearted types' date='in DayZ,by your name.You wanna be a prick and kill people instead of looting the humane way.But if killing from then on is forced on you,why do you care?This will deter the desperate people who kill once and then say thats it.LOL

[/quote']

Welcome to Dayz...

Wolf, ignore that ass. The fourm is filled with people like him sadly, so get used to getting raged at.

Anyways, I dont think its possible to have decreased loot chance for certain players.

"If there is a god,will I go to heaven if I kill innocents to ensure my survival" is a huge deterent to real life murder.While in a post apocalyptic world many people will just say fuck it,not everyone will be able to escape the going to hell aspect or even want to kill innocents.To me this is a very gamey aspect of this mod in that while I always play a good guy I am now starting to want to be a bandit.There HAS to be a negative.Its gonna become a banditfest.:(

What could it be??Karma giving bad luck.You get less loot,you spawn in high bandit areas(think of it as being born in a slum area) :D,no leaderboard rank???Those are enough to make a player rage kill. LOL Those are enough to deter many players.

Wolf' date=' ignore that ass. The fourm is filled with people like him sadly, so get used to getting raged at.

Anyways, I dont think its possible to have decreased loot chance for certain players.

[/quote']

LOL the bandits will fight back hard on this one.

"How the hell is it you wanna make our lifestyle harsher??We wanna play a game where players survive for hours on end while we sit back and wait till they are stocked up with goodies."

Life is not like that banditos.....you wanna live that life then you suffer the consequences.:D

The game is about survival; good against evil, either zombified or not. I don't play a bandit and don't like them either. The good must get together and take them out if they want to survive. If someone is hacking that's a different story.

What they could do is... every time you kill a survivor one of your inventory spots is filled with a special symbol that stays until you help someone. Each symbol could add increased detection for zombies. The more symbols the bandit has the harder it will be for them to acquire loot, thus decreasing their chance to continue down the bandit road. And if you accidentally shot someone you can erase the mistake pretty quickly if you bandage them.

Maybe put AI guys in a hut somewhere in the woods you can purchase the GPS locations of players that are added to your map that he'll also sell you. The trick there would be that you wouldn't know who shot you in the first place, unless he could sell you that too. The cost could be food, meds, or ammo. Purchasing the locations of friendlies would be cool though.

As far as I'm concerned the DayZ mod is genius. A lot of what I hear people asking for is already built into it. Team play is the key to accomplishing a lot of that.

Sigh. For the millionth time' date=' no punishes for playing a certain way. There is the door, leave.

[/quote']

I'll just point this out - Kill-looters punish other playstyles ALL THE TIME - its rampant and without any concequence. Seeing as it is impossible to give eachother value as human beings rather than infinit reincarnating loot-sacks this is unsupprising. The only answer is for EVERYONE to have to take on some other "rules" which will make them THINK (even for a moment) before they act - this will naturally effect bandit/kill-looters more than those who scavange - but it a good thing.

That said, I don't think that the game needs a "deterent" for becoming a bandit - bandits make the game interesting. Rather there needs to be good tools for "self governing" and mechanics that makes a player think about how thier actions may have conciquences.

"If there is a god' date='will I go to heaven if I kill innocents to ensure my survival" is a huge deterent to real life murder.While in a post apocalyptic world many people will just say fuck it,not everyone will be able to escape the going to hell aspect or even want to kill innocents.To me this is a very gamey aspect of this mod in that while I always play a good guy I am now starting to want to be a bandit.There HAS to be a negative.Its gonna become a banditfest.:(

What could it be??Karma giving bad luck.You get less loot,you spawn in high bandit areas(think of it as being born in a slum area) :D,no leaderboard rank???Those are enough to make a player rage kill. LOL Those are enough to deter many players.

[hr']

Wolf' date=' ignore that ass. The fourm is filled with people like him sadly, so get used to getting raged at.

[/quote']

LOL the bandits will fight back hard on this one.

"How the hell is it you wanna make our lifestyle harsher??We wanna play a game where players survive for hours on end while we sit back and wait till they are stocked up with goodies."

Life is not like that banditos.....you wanna live that life then you suffer the consequences.:D

That goes both ways you jackass, if you want to dance around the field, shooting zombies and looting farms, shooting bandits and do whatever you Survivors do, fine. But dont be a retard about it and be carefull, look around you, stay frosty and dont act all ssuprised and shocked if someone kills you for your gear. Thats a consequence ofyour behavior. And how exactly do bandits sit around for hours waiting for someone to gather gear ? Do you even hear yourself saying this bullshit? What you think i kill one survivor and i'm set for life, i need food and bandages to, we get cold too, we run into zombies to. Stop complaining, and pardon my french: fucking get better at surviving.

DayZ would be incredibly boring without the tension of being killed by other players. PvP is incredibly awesome. Why would people be punished for it? Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest.

DayZ would be incredibly boring without the tension of being killed by other players. PvP is incredibly awesome. Why would people be punished for it? Kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest.

Just so you know, Darwin never said that :P. But I agree PvP is where the majority of the games tension comes from - There just needs SOME way to make killing interesting beyond the obvious. In many ways I think that PvP needs to be ballanced because the gain of kill/looting clearly out ways not doing it (At the moment) eg:

Scavanger loot value = time spent gathering

Kill-loot loot value = time spent gathering + other players time spent gathering

Dont know if this is clear, but to me it is obvious that Kill-looting is the way to go because you can capitalise on others time spent - and thats why kill-looters need some kind of tax. As a "ballancing" of a GAME mechanic this makes sense, as a "realism" it equates to shit. But then again in "real" life killing is not so easy and without thought (for most of us anyway).

So I end up with the same questions:

How to give players value to themselves and eachother?

Would this be enough to impact on thoughtless PvP?

Are hard set "rules" the only thing that gamers will abide by?