Sign in to follow this  
Franchi (DayZ)

Recent loot disapears on log out?

So I found the holy grail of books awhile ago, "The Origin of Species" In ENGLISH PRISTINE!! Ran around for a bit and looted the rest of the town, nothing else major, just a few boxes of 7.62x39 and 54r, pristine PU scope and a few food items. Upon logging back in just now the loot from that town is gone from my inventory, I was still in the same place I logged out after looting the town, but was missing the items looted. My latency was fine both when I logged out and when I logged in. I was on the same server, so I ran to where I had found the book, it was not there, all the doors were as I remember leaving them and all the items I had taken were missing, the other books I had passed over were also still there. The ammo and scope I don't care about but losing that book irks me as I know a fellow collector who recently lost it.

So is this a clever anti server hopping feature or a bug?

Has anyone else had this happen?

Edited by Franchi

Sounds like a bug with your character not saving back to the hive on logout. The server updated hence the loot not still being there. May be a quirk with the new logout now with the timers.

Ive experienced this too. Leaving a server, joining a new one and im rolled-back roughly 60 seconds to a former place and inventory.

I think any deterrent to server hopping is great right now.. Make people travel, trade, beg, borrow, steal, kill.....

Well it's common knowledge if you ask me, wait a min if you just looted something or if you had a gun on the ground.

• Like 1

You might be logging out too quick, id say wait a minimum of 3-5 minutes after looting before logging out.

Before logging out wait 1 minute or so before disconnecting, this will work i've tested it

This logout lag between when you do stuff and log out is really annoying. I mean, they'll fix it eventually but I just feel like being grumpy because I lost a long range scope, PRISTINE!!!

Again, not the end of the world, but sometimes you don't have that minute to sit before logging out, especially when your wife wants you to do something NOW

Before logging out wait 1 minute or so before disconnecting, this will work i've tested it

I was well beyond a minute, had looted several other buildings.

Always remember to wait a few minutes before logging out, this will eventually help..

I was well beyond a minute, had looted several other buildings.

Well I have never had this issue neither my friends, maybe lag and some desync

Edited by flygamer1

Well I have never had this issue neither my friends, maybe lag and some desync

That's just it everything was fine in game, no dysnc, instant interaction with everything. Previously I have logged out right after finding something and retained what I picked up. The only time before this patch i ran into this was server re-starts, and that I get.

• Like 1

Yes this is one of many new bugs that have just been added to stable version. Recent loot missing character not in same place as logged out people able to reloot body's even if the been hidden. Not sure why this patch was released into stable.

Yes this is one of many new bugs that have just been added to stable version. Recent loot missing character not in same place as logged out people able to reloot body's even if the been hidden. Not sure why this patch was released into stable.

because none of the issues are serious enough to warrant delay or hotfix

i agree that this is annoying though