danchillz

[Video] DayZ standalone - why combat log? - Please fix this game

The goal was to get someone to sing and in return we give them something out of it. 

I guess some people just can't deal with player interaction. 

Should just play a single play game if you're scared of coming across other players.

Please fix this game :(

http://youtu.be/Aw-v_Cixijw

Edited by deaje

so when he sits down, does a push up, does another push up, then crouches...thats the new patch code for "he just combat logged"? weird.

Edited by jcrose803

so when he sits down, does a push up, does another push up, then crouches...thats the new patch code for "he just combat logged"? weird.

I guess so!

I guess we know now though :/

Weren't even doing anything bad to him.

Maybe because he's seen all the crap people do in videos, and how you started off no different than the rest of them.  Believe it or not, some people don't like the sadist shit people do in the game.  Instead of demanding he perform for you, how about just offering some help?

Edited by KerrSG1

Maybe because he's seen all the crap people do in videos, and how you started off no different than the rest of them.  Believe it or not, some people don't like the sadist shit people do in the game.  Instead of demanding he perform for you, how about just offering some help?

It's not like we were gonna feed him disinfectant or anything like that if he didn't. If had my fair share of being killed on sight as a fresh spawn and I've helped out people before and we was gonna give him food and a gun. At the end of the day it's just player interaction. There is no right or wrong way of playing, but combat logging over something like that is just ridiculous in my opinion. 

why combat log -please fix this game

wat

Why combat log (over what happens in the video)

Please fix the game (stop people combat logging at the sight of any kind of player interaction)

Well, when I heard about the combat log "fix", me and my buddies tried it out so we could see what exactly happens in game.

From the moment you hit "Exit" and confirm it, it's 36 seconds that is exactly this. Starts off with sitting, then prone then stand up etc... Then the kneeling position for the remainder just as you witnessed. Yep, "now we know".

• Like 2

Well, when I heard about the combat log "fix", me and my buddies tried it out so we could see what exactly happens in game.

From the moment you hit "Exit" and confirm it, it's 36 seconds that is exactly this. Starts off with sitting, then prone then stand up etc... Then the kneeling position for the remainder just as you witnessed. Yep, "now we know".

Yeah, just kind of looks like they're doing press ups then as if by magic, boom. Gone. 

If that happens again though they're having a bullet while they're combat logging.

why do you assume some random stranger wants to do something ridiculous for you? I never enter a coastal city without a loaded firearm to prevent stuff like this.

why do you assume some random stranger wants to do something ridiculous for you? I never enter a coastal city without a loaded firearm to prevent stuff like this.

It's player interaction. We could go round force feeding people disinfectant or taking blood from them. Instead we went for a more fun approach. They weren't going to lose anything by doing what we asked, instead we was going to give them things to help them on their way. Sure, we could of just gave him the stuff but where is the fun on our side in doing that?

Besides, I think he'd already made his mind up on if he was gonna combat log when we approached him.

It's not like we were gonna feed him disinfectant or anything like that if he didn't. If had my fair share of being killed on sight as a fresh spawn and I've helped out people before and we was gonna give him food and a gun. At the end of the day it's just player interaction. There is no right or wrong way of playing, but combat logging over something like that is just ridiculous in my opinion. 

How was he supposed to know that?  All he knows is you started off with the same kind of ridiculous sadistic crap that other bandits in videos have shown doing, so he must have decided, screw it, I'm out of here.  When you start off 'interaction' acting like some kind of sadistic douche bag, of course people aren't going to trust you.  Maybe next time you want to 'interact' with people don't start off acting like the worst of the lot that play the game.

How was he supposed to know that?  All he knows is you started off with the same kind of ridiculous sadistic crap that other bandits in videos have shown doing, so he must have decided, screw it, I'm out of here.  When you start off 'interaction' acting like some kind of sadistic douche bag, of course people aren't going to trust you.  Maybe next time you want to 'interact' with people don't start off acting like the worst of the lot that play the game.

I wouldn't exactly call us 'the worst of the lot that play the game'. I specifically said we weren't going to kill him right after saying hey. Sure he can choose whether or not to believe us. 

At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong way of playing the game. We could of gone in all guns blazing and ended him before he had a chance to think. 

We could of done a lot worse things like said above or shot him in the legs and left him. But no. 

And for the 'When you start off 'interaction' acting like some kind of sadistic douche bag' How is, 'hey we're not going to kill you' either sadistic or acting like a douche bag? 

What's wrong with playing the game with interaction every now and again instead of combat logging? Hey who knows, you could have a bit of fun sticking around. 

Clearly, you're not a fan of people playing like this.

If someone told me to do that, my respond would be: "Just shoot me in the head".

If someone told me to do that, my respond would be: "Just shoot me in the head".

Haha :P

If someone asked me to do it, I'd do it. Regardless of the chance of being killed after it. If I only had a fire axe, the way I see it, I've got nothing to lose.

But each to their own.

If someone asked me to do it, I'd do it. Regardless of the chance of being killed after it. If I only had a fire axe, the way I see it, I've got nothing to lose.

But each to their own.

Well, I don't like being told what to do ..and I would tell them, before charging them with my axe.  :P

Yup, clearly the poster doesn't get how someone who starts of with mind games like 'sing a song for us monkey' while he and a friend stand there in a position of power is a threatening experience.  He calls it 'interaction' which is akin to a child pulling wings off of butterflies without the understanding of the affect on a butterfly.

But each to their own.

And if he refused?  You didn't even say anything like that they were free to leave that you wouldn't harm them if they didn't want to be your puppet.  The presence of you two there with weapons drawn was the implied threat and pretty clear.

em i thing you guys got outsmarted  :rolleyes: 

I guess some people just can't deal with player interaction. 

I agree with you in that but there is nothing to fix in the game. You cannot force people to stay connect if they don't want. When you see someone acting like that you've 30sec to decide if you want to kill him or just let him disappear. Or even force feed him with disinfectant if you're fast enough. That's all. People can and will log out when they want so i cannot see how you could fix it.

I'm against combat log and i prefer to deal with a players interaction. In this particular case my answer to your request would be an axe in your face or at least die trying.

If you want player interaction try not to make fun of other people, try not to point a gun on their face. Keep the gun in your hand but lower it so the other guy understand you're not a threat. Obviously keep distance so you've time to shoot the guy if he try to run at you.

Player interaction come from both sides. How I see you're not interacting . You're FORCING him to do something for you and in exchange you will give him some food.

HE IS NOT A DOG !

From now on if someone sits while im holding him up, he will die, even if its for a second like in the video. There should be another animation for logging out.

From now on if someone sits while im holding him up, he will die, even if its for a second like in the video. There should be another animation for logging out.

I agree. At least if people don't like this video, which they don't seem too, at least you can identify a combat logger for the time being until they patch it again. 

If they look like they're doing press ups, they're gonna go!

They should have a clear icon over their head that they are in the logout process.  It should be absolutely clear as day.

They should have a clear icon over their head that they are in the logout process.  It should be absolutely clear as day.

Me and a friend were talking about it, if they could implement something on the lines of 'You can't log out within 30 metres of another player'.

Or something, it could cut it down. I could of sworn I saw it on a DayZ mod mod of some kind at some point and I'm sure whatever it was did kind of work. 

You'll find some who comply with your wishes. Sing, or take their pants off.

Don't be upset when they won't comply.