Gruso (DayZ)

A tool to simplify reporting dodgy servers

http://www.dayzoverlay.com/report/

It's a work in progress; refinements are on the way. Reports are submitted to the selected GSP, who will receive an email like this:

pOkPrAV.jpg

Those already using DayZ Overlay will see a link to this appear on the /standalone page soon, alongside the DayZ bug report link.

Feedback welcomed!

• Like 5

Looks fantastic.

Now we just need a GSP willing to actually enforce the rules and do a damn thing about any of the hundreds of reports they must receive every day.

So far it seems like their approach is a big fat "oh well, tough shit."

• Like 2

I do wonder how many they really get. A lot of people will call these servers out online, but I'd bet only a fraction actually write up an email. I hope I can help to turn that around, and put a bit more pressure on the GSPs.

• Like 1

as a server admin im paranoid my server will be falsely reported.  What is your criteria?  Simply the posted rules?

The message content is completely up to the user, so they can say what they like really. I considered check boxes instead (no kill server / clan only / loot farm / etc), but I think that would be just as open to false reporting.

Rest assured that GSPs are far more interested in keeping you running than shutting you down. It would probably take multiple verified reports AND pressure from BIS for anything to happen to your server.

Moved to DayZ > Servers.

as a server admin im paranoid my server will be falsely reported.  What is your criteria?  Simply the posted rules?

Reports are investigated by server hosts. They won't simply cut you off because someone filed a report.

• Like 2

Submitted by "Jimmy McRussle" :)

• Like 1

how excrescent and stupid. it is only butthurt "hoppers" who need some way of canalizing there frustration with things not moving there way that needs to "report" ..lol... servers.  stop harassing people now, will you ^^

Edited by mssing

how excrescent and stupid. it is only butthurt "hoppers" who need some way of canalizing there frustration with things not moving there way that needs to "report" ..lol... servers.  stop harassing people now, will you ^^

lol @ your post history. Server admin who runs loot farms, kicks players, and attacks people who report people like him. Stay golden, son.

• Like 5

So you think it's cool to rent a public server, connected to the public Hive, so you can farm loot in perfect safety, because you've set up the server to kick everyone but you and your buddy and then, when you're geared up, you server hop to a 40/40 server and kill n00bs at the beach.

How is that not pay2win?

• Like 1

In a nutshell, the web form generates an email which is sent to the selected GSP's support address.

It's all there to see if you click it :p But to answer anyway:

- GSP name

- Server IP and port

- Violation you are reporting

- Your name (optional)

- Your email (mandatory... you can fake this if you want, but reports with fake addresses may be ignored by GSP)

Disclosure: It is necessary for me to see what is submitted, to prevent spam and abuse. But I have no interest in gathering anyone's personal information.

Sorry if i fail to understand but its seems it does not simpilfy the process, only adds some extra content to it

Edited by Skyline-GTR

It allows you to report by entering the bare minimum information. Any less content than this, and the GSP cannot action the report.

What makes it simpler: Players can remember one easy url, bring it up in the steam overlay browser, and submit a report quickly and without leaving the game.

I know that logging into your email, finding the right email address, and typing a report up manually is not all that hard. But in reality, most people will "do it later" rather stop playing to mess around writing an email... and then never do it.

Make a process simpler and more accessible, even by a little bit, and more people will use it. :)

It allows you to report by entering the bare minimum information. Any less content than this, and the GSP cannot action the report.

What makes it simpler: Players can remember one easy url, bring it up in the steam overlay browser, and submit a report quickly and without leaving the game.

I know that logging into your email, finding the right email address, and typing a report up manually is not all that hard. But in reality, most people will "do it later" rather stop playing to mess around writing an email... and then never do it.

Make a process simpler and more accessible, even by a little bit, and more people will use it. :)

I dont know about you but I dont remember any URLs.

I do use a bookmark url for my email that I dont need to log in to.

I can bring this up in the steam overlay browser without leaving the game.

You have to type up the report manually in either case.

The point is that not everyone is the same as you. People are using this, so it's convenient for some. I'm not going to spend my day in this thread trying to sell it to you...

• Like 1

The point is that not everyone is the same as you. People are using this, so it's convenient for some. I'm not going to spend my day in this thread trying to sell it to you...

I meant what is the point in this tool ?

Also it is advertised as a simplification when it does not do that.

Bordering on trolling now. I am respectfully requesting that you write this off as something that doesn't interest you, and move on.

• Like 2

I am asking a relevant question about the topic of the thread.

Is there any actual point to this "tool" ?

Also why is the thread title misleading ?

Simply because it is a lot easier to use this tool than other ways of reporting.

Seem like you need it spelt out in black and white the OP is trying to help with reporting

abusive servers.

The rest you have to do yourself. :)