schadowhunter

Char Selection / Allow multiple Chars

Good evening!

First of all, I have not read all the suggestions and i'm not 100% aware what features have already been announced for the future, so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before. I couldn't find anything when I looked for it...

I think it would be a great feature if you could have more than one Character per Account (maybe up to 4?). This is because I sometimes play in a group with my friends (and we all log off at the same spot) and the next evening, my buddies don't have time to play and I need to play alone. But since I want to continue playing with my friends afterwards, i'm somewhat forced to stay at the same spot or risk to be killed alone and loose important (group-) loot and thus piss off the group.

It would be nice if I could use at least second char for playing alone while one is "reserved" for group sessions... it wouldn't matter if I die because i wouldn't loose important loot and I don't have to walk over the whole map to get back to my group.

Is anything like this planned?

Thanks! 

you can already do it.

one character on regular and one on hardcore

• Like 4

Plus, you and your pals will die anyway. Have fun ;)

But yup, I'm not against let say one character slot more per hive.

Edited by ploulaf

you can already do it.

one character on regular and one on hardcore

Can you (just very quick) explain how I can create a second "hardcore" Char? Thank you! :)

no worries.. just select a "hardcore" server on the server page and you will spawn a brand new spawn on the beach. The game will then save both characters and when you swap between regular and hardcore servers, it will load the appropiate character... even if it's not the character on your main screen

• Like 1

just remember that the hardcore character will be 1st person only.

Can you (just very quick) explain how I can create a second "hardcore" Char? Thank you! :)

Just join a hardcore server, a new character will be created. Keep in mind that hardcore is 1st person only.

Also, you could play on the experimental servers. Just allow betas on DayZ in steam, and join the experimental server.

as the guy said above, the HC char would be a good choice. 

although i suggest not worrying about it, once you're all geared, you'll end up banditing, fucking with/"helping" freshspawns, and eventually dying anyway. 

At least if one of you needs to get geared, you can go to interesting places while you're gearing, and it gives your entire group something to do. 

upvote for this.

i play with my friends, hardcore only because i think 3pp is for retards who need a flying drone camera to see what hides behind walls or corners, and i can't login until all my friends can, so i'm not playing DayZ since 1 week.

multiple characters per account OR 1 character per server (server hopping issue solved too).

It would be good to have a maximum of 2 characters per mode (2 for hardcore and 2 for regular). More than 2 would destroy the sense of permadeath.

And why 2 characters per mode? Because I believe there are some players who won't play hardcore at all (CoD kiddos) and again, some players who are not interested in regular as well. I currently play on hardcore alone and I have a group of friends who also play on hardcore. And because I don't want to meet up with them every time they are all available, it is a problem for me. I have to choose: only to play alone (which I very like) or with friends (which I like too).

Anyway, when private hives arrive later, the problem will be solved in a certain degree.

Edited by fisheye