Sign in to follow this  
The_Lungy

DayZ Steam Family Sharing Repurchase

Yo, so here is my predicament.

I am opt'd into Steam Family Sharing Beta, and I have authorized my brothers account on the same computer. He can play every other game I am sharing, except for DayZ Standalone, and I dont know why.

b9Y35y6.png

As you can see hes authorized.

L5tXHCm.png

I authorized the game.

tEwUSpx.png

My brother can play ANY other game, except DayZ.

cM7hhiF.png

And he has to repurchase it, even though it was working before. Anyone know why?

post-181914-0-21035600-1391630160_thumb.

• Like 1

Maybe because it's a different computer and character based, i don't know.

It has been stated previously that DayZ is NOT available for Family Sharing, ATM. Not sure if it is going to be a permanent decision or the specific reasons for this. I do note that most other MMO-style games are similarly opting out of Family Sharing.

Oh okay.
What really got me was the fact that it worked before, and now its not.
Oh well.

Don't worry - they will never add this feature back in. They don't want more than one person in a household playing their game. Bohemia pulled family share from ARMA 3 too. They're officially the greediest developer/publisher on Steam, and that isn't something they should be proud of. For shame Bohemia and Rocket. You should feel lower than a snake in snowshoes. Get your shit together, or you won't see another red cent from me. All of my other 300+ games function perfectly fine with this feature.

• Like 1