Sign in to follow this  
Butter (DayZ)

Personal Opinion.

DayZ in its current state is a good game to play for a little while, I wouldn't say its a game you can currently get fully immersed into.
Multiple times I've had a server restart without warning and as I've gone to join again, I've been dead. I know you're basically vulnerable for the first 30 seconds due to connecting and desync, but the fact that zombies can see you through walls and in turn run through walls makes it a little stupid when a server randomly resets. So until either, theres a ten minute alert or something on all servers and zombies pathing is corrected, I'd say don't invest in this game if you get frustrated easily. I've found myself fully set up with an M4 in hand and Mosin on my back (fully kitted out on attachments and ammo) to come back in dead and ended up almost breaking something. From what I've seen, I'd invest in "Rust" for $19.99 AUD.

again, this is my personal opinion and I understand the game is in Alpha, but I personally think zombies being able to walk/see through walls is a pretty big issue, also if you've played the mod (EPOCH, I think) you have trader towns where you get invincibility inside the town, but you cannot shoot. I think something like this should be implemented (at least for now, whilst the game is still in development) for when you join in, or at least, as I said above, a message telling you when the server is about to restart.

Cheers, Butter.

Yet another pointless thread from someone who doesn't understand Alpha development. Go play another game for a while and come back later if you don't want to test it.

Did I not say "this is my personal opinion and I understand the game is in Alpha"?
or did you not read the title at all? Hypocritical I know, because that's your opinion.

I'm just making a topic to have a general discussion (like the thread intends) and to see other peoples opinion.

Read the title just fine and I understand it's your opinion. It's my opinion that your opinion is unreasonable. Also this topic has been covered to death. Why not go read one of those threads rather than making an account on the forums just to make this thread?

• Like 2

DayZ in its current state is a good game to play for a little while, I wouldn't say its a game you can currently get fully immersed into.

From what I've seen, I'd invest in "Rust" for $19.99 AUD.

again, this is my personal opinion ...

My personal opinions/remarks are : # DayZ IS a game you can get FULLY immersed into, even in it's current state...

It just takes some patience and effort to get used to the whole concept imo

# Advertising another game in a specific game's forum is IMO showing a lack of respect towards it's developers and players.... I sincerely don't understand why one would do that...

It's comparable to e.g. being a Slayer fan and then login to the forum of Justin Bieber and advice people to buy album from Slayer.....(bad comparison I know, since I'm comparing Rust with Slayer and Bieber with Day Z, while it should have been the other way around imo...)

Again, these are my personal opinions

Edited by Elie

Hi.

I severely dislike the no-warnings on server restart as well, it almost always seems to happen to me while inside some damn military building lol, though I would strongly disagree on the buying Rust instead part.

Regards.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Rocket or anyone, and I didn't tell anyone to buy "Rust", I just said I'd invest in it, due to its play-ability right now.

(but I would probably go onto a Justin Bieber forum and tell them to buy a Slayer album, honestly.)

I do really enjoy this game whilst I'm playing it, you can easily combat the zombies by using sound so its not a major problem I guess, it only becomes one when you spawn in and your screen is black but as soon as it loads, it says "You're dead" almost as if its mocking you for something completely not your fault.

Edited by Butter
  • Like 1

See this is what I'm talking about..... I just got crucified on my post that questioned why they would add features and items to a game that has such a serious flaw as the zombies flying full speed throught buildings, walls, God names it.......

And here is my point exactly......... by not first fixing a serious game breaking issue like the zeds having zero reality to the same physics our characters are bound to..............   the development team is just wasting time by adding features that might make these other problems worse.  

I say this again....................   Why add any features, items, or updates to the game, if you don't first fix the game breaking glitches?  

Don't you stand a good chance of making it harder for the other members of the team resonsible for fixing such an important issue?

For everything they add to the game, there is a good chance it's going to be harder to fix the other problems.

Or at the very least, you are wasting resources on little things like spray cans.

Hello there

Issues like the zeds are being worked on but its a large job as they are being redesigned from the ground up.

There are other folk in the team assigned to other work.

Now,as some of the other bits of work are far easier/quicker to do they are finished before the "big" jobs like zeds and cars and are therefore implemented first.

No resources are being wasted.

"too many cooks spoil the broth"

Rgds

LoK

# Advertising another game in a specific game's forum is IMO showing a lack of respect towards it's developers and players.... I sincerely don't understand why one would do that...

It's comparable to e.g. being a Slayer fan and then login to the forum of Justin Bieber and advice people to buy album from Slayer.....(bad comparison I know, since I'm comparing Rust with Slayer and Bieber with Day Z, while it should have been the other way around imo...)

Again, these are my personal opinions

(End Quote)

Your opinion is ironic..........   Disrespect?      We think it's disrespectful to us that after 2 years of development, we still have zeds that fly through walls and are not bound to the same physics our characters are even though we play in the same damn game.   Giving spray cans and a few new weapons instead of a working physics engine.......... that can be seen as disprectful too..... if you want to prop up opinions.

More posts by people who don't know how game development works. It's said again and again, the people designing the spray cans are the not the same people working on zombies, or network stability, or any othe things. Just because you see other things being added doesn't mean other issues are being ignored, they just take longer to work on and/or more sources and different kind of training.

Edited by Azurestorms
  • Like 1

More posts by people who don't know how game development works. It's said again and again, the people designing the spray cans are the not the same people working on zombies, or network stability, or any othe things. Just because you see other things being added doesn't mean other issues are being ignored, they just take longer to work on and/or more sources and different kind of training.

OK, fair enough point.  Forgive my ignorance on that.  But how are all these additions not going to interfere with the time table of the huge issues?  If I put a new front windshield on a 1967 SS chevelle, but I know that the frame is rusted and deteriorated, but I just do it because I don't care that it's going to take me longer to fix it all over again....  I just wasted time, money, and labor, if I have to start all again.  I won't be able to drive the car for 5 weeks because once I finally fix the frame, I have to have the windshield people, (the spray cans and guns), start all over again from scratch.

That's all I wanted to know is that they're working on the zombies! Thank you!

Azurestorms, you are literally the biggest douche bag, game development isn't a hard thing to understand (harder to do). Its in Alpha, so therefore the game isn't FINISHED, I'm sure we all understand this. You just have to go out of your way to try and feel more intelligent then everyone else. IMO, get over yourself.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Rocket or anyone, and I didn't tell anyone to buy "Rust", I just said I'd invest in it, due to its play-ability right now.

(but I would probably go onto a Justin Bieber forum and tell them to buy a Slayer album, honestly.)

I do really enjoy this game whilst I'm playing it, you can easily combat the zombies by using sound so its not a major problem I guess, it only becomes one when you spawn in and your screen is black but as soon as it loads, it says "You're dead" almost as if its mocking you for something completely not your fault.

To me this is the biggest problem with the game so far. Even if the server crashes or my game crashes and I am no where near where a zombie would be, somehow I log in while I am being attacked and bleeding all over the place.