Sign in to follow this  
synik4l

The antihop/exiting timers..

yes I am very for real. You got a problem with people that choose to play differently then you do?

Believe it or not, not everyone plays DayZ to kill people. Some like to play for the excitement of collecting and and fighting off Zombies.

Edited by Chesty Zombie Slayer
  • Like 1

yes I am very for real. You got a problem with people that choose to play differently then you do?

Believe it or not, not everyone plays DayZ to kill people. Some like to play for the excitement of collecting and and fighting off Zombies.

1. How are you joining a server that says 3/40 but has 15/30? That isn't even possible.

2. Are you seriously complaining about not being able to gamma glitch? Well, it seems like you are 8l Flashlights are there for a reason.

3. I didn't say anything about the way you play the game until the sentence above, which is glitching and having the nerve to complain about not being able to glitch.

• Like 1

Who cares what the server name is. Do you not see the column for time of day, over to the right? It tells you what time it is ON THE SERVER- so no matter what the server is named the time is what matters.

Time is relative my friend, if he s travellimg at lightspeed around heart server browser times are all wrong, now i explained his point lol ?

He must have found the cloacked spaceship whit internet that Sheldon needs.

1. How are you joining a server that says 3/40 but has 15/30? That isn't even possible.

2. Are you seriously complaining about not being able to gamma glitch? Well, it seems like you are 8l Flashlights are there for a reason.

3. I didn't say anything about the way you play the game until the sentence above, which is glitching and having the nerve to complain about not being able to glitch.

1) Actually is it very possible. In the time it takes to log into that server, 12 more people have hopped onto it at the same time. I don't know about everyone else, but the server counts don't automatically reset for me. 

2) I choose for good reason not to use a flash light as it makes it easier for others to see you. I like to be sneaky. There for I use what the game gives me. A way to brighten my screen. 

Edited by Chesty Zombie Slayer

1) This Time out should have been addressed in Beta not in Alpha or not even address it till game is released make's No scene unless it was to please the forum trolls like we have encountered in here "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE" 'without giving names they will get hurt watch em'
2) The Loot is still Crap i came across 4 towns with no loot 

3) Wall Glitching still a Major Factor in this Game i got Killed more than 10 times by No Skill Players That are scared to fight face to face.

You can take my Input how you like i am stating what's Going on ! 
And this last update with the timer Sucks Not a Good Fix at all...

Remove it please
Thank you!

Im an average joe player i played for 4 hours or so last night I experienced 0 issues with the log out timer I was aware it was there so I took steps to ensure it was safe for me to log out without beong killed.

I did join a server by mistake and switched I incurred a slight time penalty which I accepted after kicking myself for not paying more attention to what server I clicked. At no time during my evening of gaming did either of the timers bother me in any way.

• Like 5

Example of wrong server: You like playing in low character rooms. You click on one that says 3/40. You get in there and there is 15/30. Ummm..... no thanks. Not playing here.

Another Example of wrong server: You decide to play in a night room. You get in there and find it is too freakin dark. Like we are talking Gamma and brightness all the way up and the video is blurry. Yeah good luck finding fuck all in here, let alone seeing what or who that is coming straight at you.

I'd be fine with it being 60-90 secs long, but 4 mins!? That is a little excessive. 

Sorry, weedmasta, I'm going to butt in here!

Chesty, why are you playing DayZ? You don't want to play with other players or a night. From what you are saying what you really want to play is a solo game and not a MMO at all. Try State of Decay, it seems to be more in line with want you want out of a Zombie Survival game.

The current loot system is terrible this is the main issue for me , i'm fed up running around for 30-45 minutes finding nothing when i start a new character until my player s virtually dead from lack of food and drink , i have no issue scavanging but its zero fun running in and out of buildings just tryin to keep yourself alive.

then this is the wrong game for you. current loot system is just means to give testers the items they need. the final game will be much more harsh and unforgiving - you will need to hunt animals for food, and you will need to cook the water to avoid fatal infections.

current loot system is "difficulty level: this is so hard, i broke my fingernail!"

final loot system will be "difficulty level: i chewed off my leg to keep crawling into safety"

Edited by e47
  • Like 4

The current solution is great. If you can't find a place to logoff safely then you are clearly doing something wrong.

So I share a appartment with my girlfriend. That means not all of my free time is controlled by me. If I'm fucking raiding Elektro with my guys and she comes along with one of her super important needs or whatever, I want/have to logg off asap, not tell her to just hang in for 10 minutes till I'm in the middle of the forest to log of.

The design of the current system is flawed, a game should never be dictating you how long you have to play it. Let's all still keep in mind that it's a newly implemented feature though and the devs will definitely take a look at it again when they have the time to do so.

Making your character stay there while you are not even in game is pretty damn dumb in my opinion.  

Thats. The. ENTIRE. Point.

If your character isn't vulnerable when you log out then it won't stop combat logging /  ghosting anywhere near as effectively.  And its not even an issue, i've played hundreds of hours in origins with a logout timer and I've never died when logging out.  If you logout in the middle of cherno then you deserve what you get for being a dumbass. Log out nowhere near the coast and not within 300m of a building however and its EXTREMELY unlikely that you will die.

This causes zero problems for people who play the game properly.

So I share a appartment with my girlfriend. That means not all of my free time is controlled by me. If I'm fucking raiding Elektro with my guys and she comes along with one of her super important needs or whatever, I want/have to logg off asap, not tell her to just hang in for 10 minutes till I'm in the middle of the forest to log of.

The design of the current system is flawed, a game should never be dictating you how long you have to play it. Let's all still keep in mind that it's a newly implemented feature though and the devs will definitely take a look at it again when they have the time to do so.

Well, this system has been in dayz mod for well over a year, so I wouldn't count to hard on it being substantially changed.  That said, if you're in Electro with "your guys" why not just go into a lootless building and have them cover your ass for 30s.... 

Edited by Continuity
  • Like 3

omg...

dont let dem adhd cod kiddies Play dayz! this patch is wonderful

Edited by brumey

Okay so i completely agree with having both the timer to prevent combat loggers, and to prevent server hopping. But i think it could be handled better. First off the game is buggy. So it kinda sucks to have a timer put on you. When your game screws up and you have to exit and rejoin the same server. I think if you join the same server why should you have to wait a minute and 10?

Second I though you guys would make it to where it counts down 30 seconds and you can see whats going on. When leaving a server. To prevent combat logging. Instead of just leaving and having ur guy just standing there. I dont really want to die and not even have a chance to stop it. Because I decide to log inside a house somewhere(not that i normally do). and someone walks in, in that 30 seconds. Heck id wait 60 seconds. As long as I could see whats going on while my char just stands there. Of course everyones going to stay. Dont log in a bad spot. But in DayZ no spot is a good spot. I dont care where you are. And i think its rediculous my char just stands there defenseless for 30 seconds thus punishing me. And i'm not even a logger. Anyone else agree?

for one...LEAVE THE COAST

you all whine there is no safe spot.

I have logged out 6 times already to do other things and have ALWAYS returned where i was.....why?

nowhere near a town....out in the bush somewhere.

now i know it is possible someone stumbles upon you.. well guess what.  build a tent and go to sleep somewhere...someone might find you sleeping there.

the timer is there to combat stupid combat loggers and ghosters.

neither of the 2 then no need.

its funny how the ones that bitch about these things are usually the first to hit esc and try to get behind you.

• Like 1

You're absolutely correct, it's a half-assed fix that a massive amount of people are upset with (take the posts on the forum disagreeing with you with a grain of salt, a lot of them are ass-kissing white knight wannabes) that they attempted instead of going after the root of the problem. I'm disgusted that not a single person on the dev team may have suggested that this is a bad idea.

Because the dev team knows what they're doing, and most of the forum goers crying for an easier time are whiny brats who are too used to being coddled and having their hand held.

Here's the problem, right now, with the supposed "seeing a countdown before you're allowed to exit". It doesn't combat the combat loggers in any way.

If you are in a firefight, you can easily run into a corner, behind a tree, over a hill or whatever. Now you hit "exit" and wait while keeping yourself positioned to see if anyone is coming to get you in that 30 seconds. Are they rushing you because they are afraid you're logging? No prob, just pop out of cover and open fire. Doing that action cancelled the countdown but you mowed down your attackers.

Were your attackers moving and flanking cautiously, which takes more than 30 seconds? Congratulations, you got to combat log because attackers didn't throw caution to the wind.

And maybe this current system will be tweaked. Thr forums are meant for feedback; most of you guys just do it in such an unconstrutive, whiny, I-WANT-IT-NOW, manner that you do nothing but invite lots of flaming.

• Like 1

To those getting so offended by the comments here... RELAX... We are all Gamer's and enjoy DayZ but don't take this to the Chest unless you have Stocks Invested in the company lol 

I think the system now is kinda clumsy. The approach WoW takes is way better imho. If you exit the game, you get a popup with a xx sec countdown and you are unable to move. After the countdown has expired you log off and your character dissappears from the server. If you are in a hurry you can cancel the countdown and exit right away, but your character will stand in place for the remaining countdown and is able to get killed.

The current solution seems like a quick workaround to me. It also seems that after logging in you wouldnt spawn in the exact location you loggged off, but a location you visited like a minute before. That is a terrible bug and needs to be addressed asap.

So ,no beans from me for the approach they chose, let's hope it's a temporary workaround until theyve figured out something smarter, like the WoW loggoff system.

Agreed with the bold part, but the system in place is a massive improvement from what it was. so deanz gets beanz. 

You're absolutely correct, it's a half-assed fix that a massive amount of people are upset with (take the posts on the forum disagreeing with you with a grain of salt, a lot of them are ass-kissing white knight wannabes) that they attempted instead of going after the root of the problem. I'm disgusted that not a single person on the dev team may have suggested that this is a bad idea.

Soo anybody who doesn't think this is game breaking, realizes it's probably a temp fix, or disagrees with you is ass-kissing? You realize how ridiculous you sound right?

Funny how the Pro Anti Hopper / Combat Hopper are Just worried about that! this System still cause Problems not only Wrong server joins but also rejoining Server Fast to get to the Aid of friends in Combat if i Die and i EXIT Game it thinks i am also server Hopping and the time to WAIT KILLS the Action game time... 

I fail to see your issue.

1) Joining a server fast to help friends ghosting, combat loggings dark twin brother.

2) You mention 'but I play day servers, not night ones', or joining the 'wrong' server. Use your favorites list, thats what it is there for.

3) The timer is something like 300 seconds. Go take a break.

You have failed with every post you have made to give us a compelling argument, or even any argument at all. Most of your reasoning seems to stem from some kind of server hoping mentality.

• Like 2

I fail to see your issue.

1) Joining a server fast to help friends ghosting, combat loggings dark twin brother.

2) You mention 'but I play day servers, not night ones', or joining the 'wrong' server. Use your favorites list, thats what it is there for.

3) The timer is something like 300 seconds. Go take a break.

You have failed with every post you have made to give us a compelling argument, or even any argument at all. Most of your reasoning seems to stem from some kind of server hoping mentality.

This...

Problems I've had with the logout timer = 0

Because once I'm on a server I don't need to switch.

If my friend comes to play he can join my server and no-one has to wait.

My favorites list has the servers that I like to play on aka lowest ping.

Before this patch the fact that my character would enter the world and stand there for a sec before I gained control was reason enough not to logout in the middle of Bolota airfield.

People who hate the logout/login timer....

upset they can't server hop.

upset they can't ghost.

Pretend it's for other reasons listed in this thread and the god knows how many others.

system, perfect working at intended.

• Like 4

It sounds like you and your girlfriend need to have a conversation. Also it doesn't take 10 mins to get to a safe spot.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 3

Okay so i completely agree with having both the timer to prevent combat loggers, and to prevent server hopping. But i think it could be handled better. First off the game is buggy. So it kinda sucks to have a timer put on you. When your game screws up and you have to exit and rejoin the same server. I think if you join the same server why should you have to wait a minute and 10?

Second I though you guys would make it to where it counts down 30 seconds and you can see whats going on. When leaving a server. To prevent combat logging. Instead of just leaving and having ur guy just standing there. I dont really want to die and not even have a chance to stop it. Because I decide to log inside a house somewhere(not that i normally do). and someone walks in, in that 30 seconds. Heck id wait 60 seconds. As long as I could see whats going on while my char just stands there. Of course everyones going to stay. Dont log in a bad spot. But in DayZ no spot is a good spot. I dont care where you are. And i think its rediculous my char just stands there defenseless for 30 seconds thus punishing me. And i'm not even a logger. Anyone else agree?

Rocket has addresses this issue on Reddit Here

I would personally take the current system than a hit on server performance.

Newsflash:

If you catch the five minute wait time... do something else for a little bit...

It's like a game-appointed snack time really.

Stupid justification. I've not encountered the 5 minute waiting period yet, but if the developers have actually made it so you have to wait 5 minutes before hopping servers to join friends or get back into the game after a disconnect/crash (in a frickin' alpha), then that sure as hell better be a short term fix, because that is preposterous.

People hop online to game when they want and at their convenience, forcing people to wait 5 minutes for no justifiable reason is anti-productive and creates more frustration than server hopping ever did or would.

• Like 2

Stupid justification. I've not encountered the 5 minute waiting period yet, but if the developers have actually made it so you have to wait 5 minutes before hopping servers to join friends or get back into the game after a disconnect/crash (in a frickin' alpha), then that sure as hell better be a short term fix, because that is preposterous.

People hop online to game when they want and at their convenience, forcing people to wait 5 minutes for no justifiable reason is anti-productive and creates more frustration than server hopping ever did or would.

Just to be clear, you paid $30 to be able to TEST the alpha and in return you got the game for a discount compared to when it hit's final release.

It's alpha, it's broken, things don't work properly. I'm guessing you saw that when you purchased the alpha, and every time you log in.

it is not a "antihopp" measure ..it is a measure to prevent "combat logging" and ..or perhaps mostly so, "ghosting" ..anyone playing this game farm loot and change server to do so. the difference between the buthurt forum whiners and the rest, is the time they spend on a server before changing to another ^^ think what you want but this is the simple truth!

• Like 1

I love how ppl try to justify their cheating with nonsense reasons...i can see the rivers filling with tears...more threads like this please :D

Edited by whothehellishe
  • Like 3