rocket444

Need Help With Standalone (Stuck on "You Are Dead")

Right now WAY too many players are having this issue, as am I. I can not even log onto my own server I spent $63 on. So if you think you got shafted... try being me.

I am now also having this issue - have tried a few fixes as described above and in other posts - have changed servers, changed name, left it a while to see if I can spawn etc - Only thing I can do now is play hardcore and hope to god it doesnt happen again - this is a a massive load of shit, and whilst I understand the alpha situation, and I agreed to it when I handed over my £20 I expected to be able to play the game in its basic/somewhat glitchy state. To be in a position where you cant even spawn and run around, frankly deserves my 20 quid back :)

if anyone has found a fix for this then give me a shout - thanks in advance.

p.s. heart goes out to the dude who cant even connect to his own server - that sucks massively.

SOLUTION:

use the filter function to find a server which explicitely says RESET or DELETE in the title. Either reset and kick or just reset/delete will do. 

I had the same problems you guys are describing before, in the stable build. The community of players is already largely aware of this problem, and some are even hosting reset+kick servers especially for the purpose of resetting people's characters.

All you need to do is log in to one of those servers. When you log into another server afterwards you will be able to spawn again.

Some people have also reported looking at the server version and joining one which has a different one from before. If a reset or delete server does not work, try that :)

kind regards,

[THC] Grinder

Edited by THC Grinder
  • Like 1

SOLUTION:

use the filter function to find a server which explicitely says RESET or DELETE in the title. Either reset and kick or just reset/delete will do. 

I had the same problems you guys are describing before, in the stable build. The community of players is already largely aware of this problem, and some are even hosting reset+kick servers especially for the purpose of resetting people's characters.

All you need to do is log in to one of those servers. When you log into another server afterwards you will be able to spawn again.

Some people have also reported looking at the server version and joining one which has a different one from before. If a reset or delete server does not work, try that :)

kind regards,

[THC] Grinder

Thanks for this. Got a broken leg a short while after I spawned so I crawled into the ocean to die. I was dead at the bottom of the ocean but still couldn't hit respawn (and my character kept moaning and telling me he's hungry). Managed to reset my character this way.

alright im need to know whats wrong 2 to 3 MONTHS ago i bough the standalone at first everything worked fine, but at after breaking my leg and trying to kill my character by drowning i couldn't respawn. So after leaving the serving and rejoining the same thing happend i spawned in the water and drowned. it has been constant for the last 3 months I've tried everything including reinstalling the entire game. I hope i get an awnser  so i can get my moneys worth.

alright im need to know whats wrong 2 to 3 MONTHS ago i bough the standalone at first everything worked fine, but at after breaking my leg and trying to kill my character by drowning i couldn't respawn. So after leaving the serving and rejoining the same thing happend i spawned in the water and drowned. it has been constant for the last 3 months I've tried everything including reinstalling the entire game. I hope i get an awnser  so i can get my moneys worth.

Open your inventory whilst drowning and allow your character to starve after a few minutes.