Sign in to follow this  
T1m

Game crashes after some time

Hi Guys,

im really enjoying this game, but i crashes every 15-45 minutes which is very frustrating.

It just says that there is an error and it goes back to desktop.

My pc specs are:

Windows 7 32Bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

4GB Ram (I know that doesnt make sense with 32Bit)

I have all the video setting as low as possible, except the resolution.

I checked CPU and GPU temp and they are not too high.

And I have installed the newest drivers, and also tried the Nvidia beta drivers.

It randomly crashes, doesnt matter if im in the woods or in a town.

However it only happens if I move around. I tried lying on the floor for over an hour and it didnt crash.

I hope someone can help me :)

Hey man, sad to hear that!!

Does the game crash and you can still hear the sounds but you can't just alt+tab in?? Need to force close it then??

Yea that sounds familiar, but after a couple of seconds of black screen the little error window comes up and then i have to force close DayZ :(

Drivers are updated?? Have you tried today's patch?? Is this the only game you have this kind of issue??

Can't come up with anything else!!

Yea drivers are up to date. Havent tried the new patch yet but i will play tonight and see if its fixed.

The only other game im playing atm ist cs:go and i have no problems with it.

I cant come up with anything else too... :|

And since you have to wait 30 seconds now if you want to quit, i dont dont think that the game will realise that I just crashed, which probably means im dead when Im in a town :D

Edited by T1m

Yea drivers are up to date. Havent tried the new patch yet but i will play tonight and see if its fixed.

The only other game im playing atm ist cs:go and i have no problems with it.

I cant come up with anything else too... :|

And since you have to wait 30 seconds now if you want to quit, i dont dont think that the game will realise that I just crashed, which probably means im dead when Im in a town :D

Aha, yap, i get a random crash too and this 30 seconds also is gonna be a problem, mine usually crashes right when a zombie is getting close,that time is enough to get killed

Ill try this new build , they talk about +-20fps gain with it, lets hope it helps us too by not overloading our gpu!!

yea mines started crashing now after a bit of playing and now its happened twice in a row and i have to wait 200 seconds to spawn

btw if you guys just have the problem where the screen goes black and you can still hear the game sounds, so not a real crash, i think i know what causes that for me:

its the steam update notification

whenever i get that error (which is not the problem im talking about in my thread) and i force close the game, i see that steam update thing where it tells you whats new on steam...

Guys i have same problem with game crash after around 15-45 min ingame it keeps crashing and after rejoin in game i must wait for 200 sec to respawn +sometimes I respawned as new character and lose all my gear.
That happened before this new update but without losing all my gear.. pls help

I was playing for awhile this morning with no problems. Now that I have a 80 second log out timer, the game has crashes/freezes after a 2-3 mins. My clan mate says the server is giving a "no response" message. My suspicion is that the timer is causing this issue. I'm interested to see others are having the login timer and crashes.

Hey man, sad to hear that!!

Does the game crash and you can still hear the sounds but you can't just alt+tab in?? Need to force close it then??

that is exactly what's happening to me.

the screen goes black, but i still hear birds and can still here my character shuffling around. i can alt tab to desktop, but not back. go in to task manager and it seems to be running fine. i right click and hit maximize, and nothing. if i try the "shift + -" then type flush, the game just stops responding. 

Just a little update: the new patch didnt dix it, im still crashing. However it took almost an hour this time, so its a little improvement :D

However i tested it with a friend how long it takes from the crash untill my character disappears: It was about 90 seconds! :o

So it takes like 1 minute for the game to realise that I have crashed/left and then i have to wait the new 30 seconds.

Haha now I know why I already died a couple times when i crashed :D

Hi guys!

I do have kinda the same thing...

I played 3 Hours today without any Problems.

At the moment i am at the Airfiled left of Chapaevsk/Chernogorsk and when i try to move up to this little village or when i try to go back to Cherno the game crashes after moving about 100 - 200 meters.

It really crashes, i got the Windows Information that "DayZ.exe isnt working anymore....".

I did try trouble shoot this but all the known solutions as Startoptions, editing CFG files, deactivating Antivirus, etc.... wont work...

Any ideas?

BR

Satanicraven

that is exactly what's happening to me.

the screen goes black, but i still hear birds and can still here my character shuffling around. i can alt tab to desktop, but not back. go in to task manager and it seems to be running fine. i right click and hit maximize, and nothing. if i try the "shift + -" then type flush, the game just stops responding. 

LOL ,hilarious pic man!!

what are your pc specs??

Edited by Estevacio

Hi guys!

I do have kinda the same thing...

I played 3 Hours today without any Problems.

At the moment i am at the Airfiled left of Chapaevsk/Chernogorsk and when i try to move up to this little village or when i try to go back to Cherno the game crashes after moving about 100 - 200 meters.

It really crashes, i got the Windows Information that "DayZ.exe isnt working anymore....".

I did try trouble shoot this but all the known solutions as Startoptions, editing CFG files, deactivating Antivirus, etc.... wont work...

Any ideas?

BR

Satanicraven

It is a bit diferente from ours, you seem to really crash the game, the "send error report" pop ups in your case??

leave specs man!!

Just a little update: the new patch didnt dix it, im still crashing. However it took almost an hour this time, so its a little improvement :D

However i tested it with a friend how long it takes from the crash untill my character disappears: It was about 90 seconds! :o

So it takes like 1 minute for the game to realise that I have crashed/left and then i have to wait the new 30 seconds.

Haha now I know why I already died a couple times when i crashed :D

Yep,it's complicated, you "leave" without wanting,not being able to protect the char!! but fine by me, i'm not into it for the loot(yet lol), we just have to be patient waiting for a fix or some guy who got it to work!!

Hey guys,

just a little update since I have fixed the problem for me.

The solution was installing Windows 7 64bit instead of 32bit. Havent crashed a single time since then.

Does DayZ not support 32bit?