capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

Making such a sweeping statement that your playstyle is the only way to have "fun" in Dayz is ignorant, you have missed the whole point of this game altogether. You may have fun running around shooting every player you see, but I have fun running around patching people up and giving them food/water. After playing the mod since it first came out as a bandit, I decided to try a different playstyle for the SA and discovered how much more fun I was having.

Everyone is entitled to their own playstyle, that is what makes Dayz a great game. Without bandits, I wouldn't have a job as a medic :)

Thing is people don't want your help, or at least mine wasn't wanted. I say this, You play a medic, you'll be killed ungreatfully, you play nice feeding the needy, you'll be killed ungreatfully..

Most of the time, you will be killed.

The thing is; it's pretty obvious when someone kills you but you will never know how many times somebody saw you and chose to let you go past.

I watch people through a scope all the time to see what they do and if they are just going about there business, I just let them and I'm not just talking about noobs in the open, because there is an element of luck with positioning, I have seen plenty of players sneaking through the woods, who I just let go by. I'm not a hero and am currently playing as a survivalist helping my friends and trying to be friendly, if I do run into somebody.

I have died many times and been shot on sight or kids have tried to take control of situations and order me about (sometimes I got away, sometimes I was shot). I have had my fair share of negative experiences but I have also been in many positive ones. I don't feel attached to my gear and don't care if I die even with this attitude, I don't die very often because I'm careful. 143 hours in I don't shoot on sight and know I never will. I'm not a carebear who thinks KOS ruins the game, because without it there would be no fear or excitement but don't judge us all by your own standards, there are many people with many different playstyles and really if you kill everyone you see, there may be a reason why you aren't meeting nice people, probably because you just shot them.

• Like 1

The thing is; it's pretty obvious when someone kills you but you will never know how many times somebody saw you and chose to let you go past.

I watch people through a scope all the time to see what they do and if they are just going about there business, I just let them and I'm not just talking about noobs in the open, because there is an element of luck with positioning, I have seen plenty of players sneaking through the woods, who I just let go by. I'm not a hero and am currently playing as a survivalist helping my friends and trying to be friendly, if I do run into somebody.

I have died many times and been shot on sight or kids have tried to take control of situations and order me about (sometimes I got away, sometimes I was shot). I have had my fair share of negative experiences but I have also been in many positive ones. I don't feel attached to my gear and don't care if I die even with this attitude, I don't die very often because I'm careful. 143 hours in I don't shoot on sight and know I never will. I'm not a carebear who thinks KOS ruins the game, because without it there would be no fear or excitement but don't judge us all by your own standards, there are many people with many different playstyles and really if you kill everyone you see, there may be a reason why you aren't meeting nice people, probably because you just shot them.

Nobody is judging you but I can if you'd like. I find it super hard to sit and listen to someone say "I watch motherfuckers through my scope all day and do nothing".. You are a killer, you've decided to make it clear. My message below will clarify that for you and address your calling me judgemental.

At this stage in the game nobody feels attached to their gear because of people who do what? Kill.. If Zombies are you choice of death please uninstall. I see people in the woods running around as well, usually looking for a good place to hide so they don't get ghosted when they do what? Kill. You say you don't kill but you have no problem killing those who don't adhear to your typical playing style hence "looking around to see what they are doing" to me, that is a person who is judging others, basically making you the pot calling the kettle black.

Not everyone I've met is bad, Just most of them, which I've clarified, and stated this post topic might have been a little blunt, or overbearing. I help my group survive, I don't care if you look down your scope over the city and see me killing some asshat, might be you if your cowering in some bushes looking my way. My goal is the survival of the group I play with, not to help the loner in the woods waiting for an chance to justify shooting someone from afar..

I just had a guy tell me to "be easy" fucker took a shot, and I throated him with a mosin.. Tell me, just how nice are these people your meeting.

Nobody is judging you but I can if you'd like. I find it super hard to sit and listen to someone say "I watch motherfuckers through my scope all day and do nothing".. You are a killer, you've decided to make it clear. My message below will clarify that for you and address your calling me judgemental.

At this stage in the game nobody feels attached to their gear because of people who do what? Kill.. If Zombies are you choice of death please uninstall. I see people in the woods running around as well, usually looking for a good place to hide so they don't get ghosted when they do what? Kill. You say you don't kill but you have no problem killing those who don't adhear to your typical playing style hence "looking around to see what they are doing" to me, that is a person who is judging others, basically making you the pot calling the kettle black.

Not everyone I've met is bad, Just most of them, which I've clarified, and stated this post topic might have been a little blunt, or overbearing. I help my group survive, I don't care if you look down your scope over the city and see me killing some asshat, might be you if your cowering in some bushes looking my way. My goal is the survival of the group I play with, not to help the loner in the woods waiting for an chance to justify shooting someone from afar..

No you assumed, I'm some hero type looking for an excuse to kill people. I didn't say I shoot at them if I don't like what they are doing, by going about there business, I meant not shooting at me or my friends, I'm not one of the types who go looking for bandits.

I'm certainly no loner in the woods and play as part of a group a great deal.

Where in my post does it say this: "I watch motherfuckers through my scope all day and do nothing" Do you understand what quotation marks mean?

I think you should have actually read what I posted before you replied with this rubbish.

Why did you assume that I have been killed by zombies? or that I hide in the woods the whole time? I have yet to be killed by a zombie and apart from the resets caused by the hive issues a couple of weeks ago, all my deaths have been bullet related.

I don't sit over cities looking for ashats. I often provide overwatch for my friends or happen across people whom I watch to see where they are heading.

Why are you so angry that other people may be different to you? I thought the point of this was I kill and I'm not afraid to say so, you are all just killers.

Well I'm not sorry but we are all not you, most of us are ourselves, it's ok to be different. At no point did I say there was anything wrong with you playing the way you do, the fear of being shot is what keeps the game interesting. So why do you feel that everyone should admit they are you, because I can assure you that I'm not.

No you assumed, I'm some hero type looking for an excuse to kill people. I didn't say I shoot at them if I don't like what they are doing, by going about there business, I meant not shooting at me or my friends, I'm not one of the types who go looking for bandits.

I'm certainly no loner in the woods and play as part of a group a great deal.

Where in my post does it say this: "I watch motherfuckers through my scope all day and do nothing" Do you understand what quotation marks mean?

I think you should have actually read what I posted before you replied with this rubbish.

Why did you assume that I have been killed by zombies? or that I hide in the woods the whole time? I have yet to be killed by a zombie and apart from the resets caused by the hive issues a couple of weeks ago, all my deaths have been bullet related.

I don't sit over cities looking for ashats. I often provide overwatch for my friends or happen across people whom I watch to see where they are heading.

Why are you so angry that other people may be different to you? I thought the point of this was I kill and I'm not afraid to say so, you are all just killers.

Well I'm not sorry but we are all not you, most of us are ourselves, it's ok to be different. At no point did I say there was anything wrong with you playing the way you do, the fear of being shot is what keeps the game interesting. So why do you feel that everyone should admit they are you, because I can assure you that I'm not.

You quoted this exactly...

"I watch people through a scope all the time to see what they do and if they are just going about there business, I just let them and I'm not just talking about noobs in the open, because there is an element of luck with positioning,"

What if they aren't bro? You go down and give them a can of beans?? Nice attempt at derailment..

That is right, just like 79% of the players I come across,.. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired of hearing about all these self proclaimed "hero's" I've met one dude that spared my life in 300hrs, other than the squad I created. Hero's don't sit on sniper hill, hero's aren't in the woods of kamyshovo, hero's don't camp military loot spots, hero's don't ghost, hero's to me imho are full of poo..

There's no incentive right now to be a "Hero".  Once you can become penalized for murders, then you will see that people will fill that role.

Edited by Lidskjalf

i have not killed anyone yet in the standalone, and i have not been killed by anyone yet either.

There's no incentive right now to be a "Hero".  Once you can become penalized for murders, then you will see that people will fill that role.

Bro I agree with you 100%, I'm not blaming those for killing, I'm merely stating most do. This forum community however would have be believe they go berry picking on Saturday and Church on Sunday.

Maybe you're helping wrong. Maybe you're making yourself TOO vulnerable with these people. That doesn't mean you have to change to killing everything on sight out of spite and petty acts of revenge. Isn't it more interesting to come up with your own strategies that keep you alive while interacting with others? People on these forums try to act like a real apocalypse would just be this violent kill everything that moves scenario, but what you'd really want is a good group of people. Each person you met you'd have to take very seriously and weigh their intentions and find different ways of handling them to establish trust. You wouldn't just kill everything because that is way more likely to guarantee your ultimate demise.

Exactly.

63feecc0f368285b397f63586d777a2a4b6a1502

Here ya go.  Has my beans good sir!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

I'm pretty sure that terminology was born there, in that MMO hive if villainy and filth! But we'll not get into that >.>

Yes, it was.

You know for something posted in "General Discussion" you don't seem to want much discussion OP.

All I see is another poster making another useless thread about "bandit lyf is da only way" and "friendly gets ya killd" and refusing to actually listen to other people's opinions (suprise, suprise 'ey?)

-Rambo

Hahahaha what great quotations.  Beans!  :beans:

Ha, this community is in denial... Enjoy my mosin rounds to your faces.. I don't have to worry because you'll be super nice...

so once you have a fully attached m4 with around 1200 rounds what are you going to do with it?

hunting new spawns is a tactic that reduce geared players because once people get geared they kill. if you can keep those players in a respawn cycle its a easy way to be the top dog in the world of dayz.

Hunt rabbits, bro.

Ha, this community is in denial... Enjoy my mosin rounds to your faces.. I don't have to worry because you'll be super nice...

I for one am more of a scavenger/support player when I am playing DayZ; being in denial over not being a killer is false, everyone has been killed or has killed players regardless of revenge or in compensation of small reproductive organs.  I do kill people but only if that person fails to either communicate properly or if he/she proceeds to engage on sight.  Other then that I am usually looting, 'niping zeds or finding new friends to group up with.

I still fail to see the point of this thread, as we all know and can agree that people play differently which does make this game unique.  And as far as I can see, not one person that replied to this thread deemed in denial...

• Like 1

Spam threads much?

Back on topic, how nice are you???

Yes, I like spam.

And reasonably nice.  Depending on different scenarios however, I can be a real ownage machine.

<- Still not claiming to be nice.

I am chaotic. Each respawned persona is different.

You don't know if I'm going to lone wolf it, wave my hands willy nilly and shout friendly, help you or cut you up?!

YOU DON'T KNOW!

You may have read the biography, autobiography, and seen the E! True Hollywood Story... But you still don't know.

I'll knock you out.  It's a slight advantage unless your drawn, which when giving hand out's you won't be...

I don't know what makes you think your punching abilities exceed the others that have tried this. And yes, I can stay drawn for the 1-2 seconds it takes to open up the inventory and drag a weapon to the ground (not the one I'm holding).

Punching is rendered useless with proper situational control. If I tell a guy to crouch, face a wall, and not to move while I maintain a safe distance from the him, then he literally cannot punch me (unless there's like massive desync or something; thankfully that hasn't happened lol). There's plenty of time to react to someone who has to get up, turn around, then come at me. Can't do that faster than a bullet ;)

As I stated before, the only time I've been knocked out when trying to give a guy a gun was when I was new at the game and was too naive to know any better. Ever since giving orders and maintaining distance, this hasn't happened once because I don't give the dude a chance. I just find it interesting that you argue that you'll punch a guy that gives you orders - but yet - if you don't give orders and keep up your guard while helping someone, then you're asking to wind up dead. Helping =/= letting guard down. 

As a side note, by "orders" I don't mean I'm commanding people or yelling at them. I usually attempt to sound as polite as possible while doing so, after I've already conversed with them for a bit. "Can you do me a favor and face the wall in crouch?" It's still their choice to do so or not. They can walk away and live, follow my orders and receive a weapon, or come at me and die. The choice is up to them really.

Now if I would have just come in and killed the guy, I wouldn't have had nearly the same fun or experience. I have BF4 for that. Not to say whatever ways you play are wrong, this is just the way I like to play and I've been successful thus far. My guess is it'll only go wrong when the guy has a buddy I didn't see or there's a separate survivor altogether. Looking forward to when it happens, too. lol.

Edited by solodude23

I don't know what makes you think your punching abilities exceed the others that have tried this. And yes, I can stay drawn for the 1-2 seconds it takes to open up the inventory and drag a weapon to the ground (not the one I'm holding).

Punching is rendered useless with proper situational control. If I tell a guy to crouch, face a wall, and not to move while I maintain a safe distance from the him, then he literally cannot punch me (unless there's like massive desync or something; thankfully that hasn't happened lol). There's plenty of time to react to someone who has to get up, turn around, then come at me. Can't do that faster than a bullet ;)

As I stated before, the only time I've been knocked out when trying to give a guy a gun was when I was new at the game and was too naive to know any better. Ever since giving orders and maintaining distance, this hasn't happened once because I don't give the dude a chance. I just find it interesting that you argue that you'll punch a guy that gives you orders - but yet - if you don't give orders and keep up your guard while helping someone, then you're asking to wind up dead. Helping =/= letting guard down. 

As a side note, by "orders" I don't mean I'm commanding people or yelling at them. I usually attempt to sound as polite as possible while doing so, after I've already conversed with them for a bit. "Can you do me a favor and face the wall in crouch?" It's still their choice to do so or not. They can walk away and live, follow my orders and receive a weapon, or come at me and die. The choice is up to them really.

Now if I would have just come in and killed the guy, I wouldn't have had nearly the same fun or experience. I have BF4 for that. Not to say whatever ways you play or wrong, this is just the way I like to play and I've been successful thus far. My guess is it'll only go wrong when the guy has a buddy I didn't see or there's a separate survivor altogether. Looking forward to when it happens, too. lol.

Now if I would have just come in and killed the guy, I wouldn't have had nearly the same fun or experience. I have BF4 for that. Not to say whatever ways you play or wrong, this is just the way I like to play and I've been successful thus far. My guess is it'll only go wrong when the guy has a buddy I didn't see or there's a separate survivor altogether. Looking forward to when it happens, too. lol.

I can respect that, I assume death would follow if they didn't listen though correct?

You quoted this exactly...

"I watch people through a scope all the time to see what they do and if they are just going about there business, I just let them and I'm not just talking about noobs in the open, because there is an element of luck with positioning,"

What if they aren't bro? You go down and give them a can of beans?? Nice attempt at derailment..

Again why bother replying to something if you only read a small part of it?

Go down where? I said I look at people through a scope, not that I look for people miles away down some hill or something. You make too many assumptions when you read things.

Again why bother replying to something if you only read a small part of it?

Go down where? I said I look at people through a scope, not that I look for people miles away down some hill or something. You make too many assumptions when you read things.

If they aren't far away, why do you need a scope? And why would you mention people walking by you in the woods? Assumed yes, but your not making much sense here..

Btw: Fan's of this thread thanks for your beans, I know who the killers are now!!!!!!! AAAAhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaa!!! :D

Edited by Deepfryer

Holding people up and robbing people takes up too much time and has a chance of failure. I just kill anyone I see. Saves my life and a lot of time. Oh and it ruins other people's dayz. Get it? DayZ?