UNCH3CK3DF8

Zombie Herds?

I want to start off by saying that I'm sorry if someone else has posted something on this topic, however, I did not see a full discussion on this topic of Zombie Herds. Now I was wondering if the "Infamous" Zombie Herd was going to be added to Dayz in later updates. I know that there's a limit to how many zombies can be on a server, but wouldn't it add a lot to the game-play? (Personally I haven't bought the game, but I have been watching footage of game-play.) Imagine the excitement and horror of being in a middle of a Zombie Herd. Take 'The Walking Dead' series for example. It was one of the most pulse-pounding moments on the show. Also would night increase the rate of the Herds, or visa-versa?

Anyways, if anyone has any info please share. Keep up the good work on making Dayz a true zombie apocalypse!

Edited by UNCH3CK3DF8

Yes they're planning on adding Zed hordes that would sweep through the countryside. But right now its in alpha, and they're working on server stability to handle a much more greater number of zombies. Once that's achieved, you'll see features like this and many more.

Ill say around latealpha/beta/earlyrelease they'll implement this.

Threads like this have been made numerous times before, as it is something that everyone wants. Yes, we all want the game to be like the Walking Dead (also mentioned multiple times). Yes, there will be hordes in the future when zombies are properly optimized for large numbers. Their numbers will also likely increase at night.

Sorry about making a repeat of this topic. Like I said I didn't see it posted. Also thanks for the info on when it'll be implemented into the game. I can't wait!

Zombies will never be a threat, anyone who dies to zombies in the mod or SA should just stop playing.

What the hell is wrong with your text...

Zombies will never be a threat, anyone who dies to zombies in the mod or SA should just stop playing.

Lol I'd say that 3 zombies making no noise whatsoever running through a wall to beat the hell out of you (and being able to come from any direction whatsoever) while you eat a can of beans is pretty much the definition of a threat...

but then again I guess you're just WAY more hardcore than everyone else

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 3

I've been playing the Arma 3 Breaking Point mod lately. While they are the Romero styled slow, dumb zombies, they do a good job hording. Every firefight in a town is by necessity quite brief, as more and more zombies start are attracted to the gunfire and start to swarm the combatants.

I'm not sure how well it will go in SA when you draw the attention of 50 sprinting zombies.

"yes, good idea..."

I've said taht so many times on threads like this one

I hope this comes in soon. I don't feel threatened by zed at all. Theyrr a nuisance more than anything right now.

Can't wait until they're everywhere