Sign in to follow this  
Fenrod

Personnalisation?

Alright, I bought Dayz Standalone.

The thing I want to know is, did Rocket intend to put in some character customization, as in custom skins, custom faces, paint tags?

I'd really like to know.

First, a small correction. You didn't buy DayZ Standalone, you bought an Alpha product that will develop into DayZ Standalone over the course of the next 1~2 years. If you can understand this, then your time here will be much more pleasant. At best, you've preordered the SA and get this similar game to play while you wait.

Second, I can't recall off hand whether the Devs have specifically addressed character customisation anywhere, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a little effort put into such a feature.

• Like 3

First, a small correction. You didn't buy DayZ Standalone, you bought an Alpha product that will develop into DayZ Standalone over the course of the next 1~2 years. If you can understand this, then your time here will be much more pleasant. At best, you've preordered the SA and get this similar game to play while you wait.

Second, I can't recall off hand whether the Devs have specifically addressed character customisation anywhere, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a little effort put into such a feature.

He pretty much is the only answer you need...

First, a small correction. You didn't buy DayZ Standalone, you bought an Alpha product that will develop into DayZ Standalone over the course of the next 1~2 years. If you can understand 

No we bought Dayz Standalone if we only bought the alpha we would have to rebuy it at release.

You've preordered the SA and get this similar game to play while you wait

I prefer this over HURR DURR ALPHERRR

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Why is this turning into people posting their greatest Alpha speeches? We all bought the Standalone, alpha and all, but it's not like OP said: "I know it's alpha, but where the fuck is my character customization!!! #DEMANDREFUND"

Rocket might have slightly touched upon it in a development video long time ago, but there hasn't really been much emphasis on it yet, which is probably why none of us can help you out much.