Play Pretend

Final Game

So what is the estimated timeline for this game. I know we aren't suppose to be in beta till DEC! Will the game even be relevant by the time it gets to market.   

There is a ok-ish timeline in the announcements/dev-tracker forum. Also, no one really knows only the devs....also it's obvious the game will be better. Why does everyone assume it's going to just suck? Ughhh that annoys me. >.<

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Well i really don't know, depends what to come, hopefully they is cars by the next three months, i hope they add some stuff in like in dayz mod / epoch like the cool backpacks n stuff :)

Well i really don't know, depends what to come, hopefully they is cars by the next three months,

I would have to say I would be very very surprised to see vehicles in 3 months

I would have to say I would be very very surprised to see vehicles in 3 months

I HIGHLY doubt cars in three months. But then again people (not you Death <3) are so imprudently impatient.

according to devs, beta will appear just before the 2015, so now we may wait for animals, hunting, very basic vehicles like cars, and new weapons...

I HIGHLY doubt cars in three months. But then again people (not you Death <3) are so imprudently impatient.

tumblr_inline_mi1g0uQaPL1qb8kps.png

tumblr_inline_mi1g0uQaPL1qb8kps.png

You handsome devil you. xD Also, what I REALLY want in DayZ are Metal BB guns, Biplanes and a Snork....

You handsome devil you. xD Also, what I REALLY want in DayZ are Metal BB guns, Biplanes and a Snork....

Bah, screw bb guns. I want compound bows and throwing hatchets xD and maybe the ability to chuck those lovely stones lying around chernarus at people :D

Like these?

Snorkslap.jpg

YES! My favorite game series and games are from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Like OMG If I could only keep 1 thing in a real life zombie apocalypse.....it would have to be my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. collection. lol

Game will be completed Soon™. It will not be completed before that, and I'll give you a personal guarantee on that. It will also remain relevant until they start planning DayZ III, by which time it won't really matter.

Glad to help.

Bah, screw bb guns. I want compound bows and throwing hatchets xD and maybe the ability to chuck those lovely stones lying around chernarus at people :D

Awwww wai screw BB guns. ;-; Although throwing stones sounds fun. :P

Final version? In about two years approximately.

That is a long time for a game to survive it needs to grow a touch faster  to make things more interesting to keep the i am bored .........wolves at bayyyyyyyyyyy 

That is a long time for a game to survive it needs to grow a touch faster  to make things more interesting to keep the i am bored .........wolves at bayyyyyyyyyyy 

Black mesa source took just about as long to come out, and they're not even done with Xen yet xD

2 years will go faster than you think

the purpose of the alpha is to test stuff, not to be entertained. if you cant handle that quit playing for a year and then come back and check it out again.

Edited by hellcat420

the purpose of the alpha is to test stuff, not to be entertained. if you cant handle that quit playing for a year and then come back and check it out again.

I have no problem with the time it takes for the game to progress and did not say that i have "did i",,,, but i know that if it carries on at this pace peeps get bored and i know for sure there are peeps that are bored with the alpha version already and are doing exactly what you say stopped playing

So you can take my comments any way you wish but thats a fact,,  alpha or no alpha it as to survive

Edited by blueleader

The game is popular now, will it still be popular in 2 years? Not so sure. The attention span of the average gamer isn't as long as it use to be sadly. 

The game is popular now, will it still be popular in 2 years? Not so sure. The attention span of the average gamer isn't as long as it use to be sadly. 

Like we have mentioned before we don't entirely know. :P

to be honest (and my opinion) is I dont think it will ever be a full release.

I think interest will fall too low and it will get sidelined.

this is my opinion.

I don't see why in the world people are buying this game right now if they aren't interested in helping shape & mold it. Always complaining about when it will be finished & getting killed on sight. Truthfully this game will never be finished. They will always be adding more to it with updates & if you grow tried of playing currently then you should wait to play when updates hit. smh