Sign in to follow this  
jffr363

Updates on Main menu, or a launcher maybe?

So one thing I have noticed is that a lot of new players seem to make posts asking the same kind of questions, which is fine, and then you had the hive crash earlier today, so it might be a good idea if down the road when the devs have sort of figured out their update format to have say newest change log and maybe some other news posted in game on the main menu screen. Another possibility would be some kind of MMO-esque or Minecraft-esque launcher that displays news on game launch. This would be most helpful for announcing server downtimes for maintenance as well as crashes like the one today. What do you guys think?

I realize that this wouldn't be something they could do quick, as they have other things to do and bugs to fix ect. but maybe way down the road or when beta launches or something. Trying to keep up with the forums, reddit, several twitter accounts is a pain even with the new dev tracker.

• Like 1

I would hate a launcher. We already recieve that lastest updates on the game as well as reviews, critics and all kinds of news regarding the game in the game's steam library page, we don't need a launcher or news on the main menu...

I wouldn't mind seeing a main menu option for 'News' so I can read updates in game, even if I would never use it, but a launcher is a definite no in my book. I just don't like launchers.

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 1