cpo1bishop

Healthy Status!

This seemed to happen pretty quickly.

I had been running around with this character for a few days and I know I've taken damage from a couple of zombies at some point, but otherwise he's been healthy.

I hadn't eaten in around 10 min or so, other than to get rid of the hungry message, and I just came across a well in Krasnostav. So I stuffed myself on the well water right off the bat, and immediately ate a couple cans of spaghetti to make room for more food, should I come across it.

The server had restarted about ten minutes prior, so I decided to head up to the NE airfield to try my luck in the hangers (still searching for that elusive MP hand guard). Checking players I noticed a few people hop on and back off again, there had been 3 or 4 people on for awhile before the restart, but there were all gone now, so it was down to me and whoever happened to hop on. I was pretty confident I wasn't going to see anyone, and I'd taken out most of the zombies around the town.

I wish I had this part on fraps... As I was running up the road I noticed the first guardhouse door was already open, and kinda expected it was one of the users that came and went earlier, and now there's only one other guy on. I head straight over towards the tower along the fence line and notice the second guardhouse doors hadn't been opened yet! I quickly try to get out of view of the tower behind the rear of the hanger hoping I hadn't been seen, thinking maybe I just wasn't close enough to see the open doors. Just as I'm about to double check this door situation, I see a head pop-up in the tower. I had my ACOG equiped which I wasn't entirely comfortable with yet, and I kinda wanted to investigate a little further before just off'in the guy, so I just kept an eye on him as he did his rounds, circling the tower, up the ladder, check the roof, down the rear ladder. Watched him go into the second guard house, still complete unaware of me.

He comes out, and I'm pretty much in the open at this point around 10 ft to the right of the sheds between the tower and the guardhouse, waiting to run behind them. Had he turned right, he'd be staring right at me. He turns left and heads off towards the rear of the building and the runway. I decide if he keeps going, I'll just leave him be. I prefer not to kill without evaluating someone as a threat.

I run up to the corner of the guard house building and he's standing still in the open next to the runway about 10 m away facing the hill, I notice I've dragged a zombie who's stumbling quietly along behind me. Somehow without him noticing either of us, I turn around and drag it back towards the sheds, come around their courtyard towards the runway, turn right, and he still blissfully sunning him self next to the runway. At this point I'm not sure where the zombie is while running along the runway towards him, and decide to start minimizing threats, I fire a couple rounds at stationary guy. And turn to check on my zombie tail, and turn back, he's gone, no corpse, nothing. Sorry bud! Check your six more often than never.

Anyhow, back to the point of the story. My brief excursion couldn't have taken more than 15 min. After a quick run through the hangars I headed back into town to have a look for some more food. I found a can of beans inside the piano house, and after the second bite I notice I'm 'healing'!

HQar53Q.jpg

I finish off the can, and I'm 'Healing', and 'Stuffed.'

KFnXvdE.jpg

Maybe five, ten minutes later -

QDZUX4W.jpg

Physically, anyhow. =P

• Like 1

Sorry bud! Check your six more often than never.

^ Beans for this.

Congrats on your health. With the new patch, eat until energized and hydrated, and avoid "stuffed," otherwise you'll be spewing, stuffed, and starving at the same time. I speak from experience. derp.

• Like 1

^ Beans for this.

Congrats on your health. With the new patch, eat until energized and hydrated, and avoid "stuffed," otherwise you'll be spewing, stuffed, and starving at the same time. I speak from experience. derp.

This made me laugh because I've experienced the same thing. It seems some food give you hydration too, and if your stomach is "stuffed" on water, your going to peak the hydration to the point of sickness when you eat. But yes, derp indeed.

• Like 1

hahaha ouch. Good advice, thanks.

eat until energized and hydrated

Oh cool, I didn't realize those statuses were on the way with the new patch.

Just found this - here : http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wl4w0/energized_and_hydrated_status_added/

Ri2EGH9.jpg

"How many batteries do you currently have to lick to get the "energized" status? I hope they balance it a bit, to discourage killing fresh spawns to get them." - volx1337

lol

Edited by MCPO Bishop
  • Like 1

I just discovered 'healing' and 'healthy' too. It's great, and I finally got the vaguely-washed-out look of my screen to go away after two days, since now I know when to keep/stop eating. I'll have to keep an eye out for 'hydrated' too...but first I need a canteen!

So the stat is better the lighter the shade of green?

edit: I believe this is just after getting hit once or twice by a zombie. I wasn't bleeding, but I noticed I'd begun healing.

Fr0u8uj.jpg

Edited by MCPO Bishop

Lighter is better. I got hit once, was already healthy, and have been healing, dark green, ever since. I think that status may be bugged. I have "Healthy" and "Healing" going on at the same time, with "Healthy" bright green. It's been a while, in game.

Did they adjust the status? I ate only two cans and I got the healthy status. Also why are there two separate ones now? I got light green healthy and darker green healing. Haven't taken any damage this life.

Did they adjust the status? I ate only two cans and I got the healthy status. Also why are there two separate ones now? I got light green healthy and darker green healing. Haven't taken any damage this life.

That's somewhat strange. I think the healing status may be bugged. It seems that way with me. That said, we don't start at full health or blood, so once you are energized and hydrated enough, you start to regen. Your healing status may have come from that. It seems to just stick around once it's invoked.