stanlee

DayzServer.com: Find servers, promote yours, and report servers easily!

Over the past few days I've been working to create a server list for the standalone game. I finished it and it's up at DayZServer.com. I'd really appreciate any feedback or ideas that you guys may have to help make the site better.

Current Website Features

• Claim a Server: If you own a server, after a simple verification you can claim the server on the site and add clan information and a description for the server. This also adds the server to the "Your Servers" page for easy management and community building.
  • Server Banner: Each server has a server banner image that has all the server's information and code for sharing on forums and websites.
    • Example from the #1 server: 68.232.160.78-2302.png
  • Basic Search: Sort the servers based on: Rank, Name, IP:Port, Player Count, Map, Views, Comments, Likes, and Dislikes
  • Advanced Search: Filter servers with your desired country and map, and also make sure the server is not full or empty.
  • Private Messaging: Send private messages to other users on the site. Perfect for contacting admins of claimed servers
  • My Favorites: Adding a server to your favorites will store it in your favorites for easy access.
  • Community Voice: Have your opinion heard on a server by liking/disliking it and commenting on it.
  • Server Reporting: Found a server that breaks the rules? Simply click the report button on the server's page, let our script find the hosting provider automatically, tell us of the violations, and we'll  inform providers.

Planned Website Features

• All completed for now. Suggest new ones!

Suggested Website Features

• None so far, but please send them our way by posting here!
Edited by stanlee
  • Like 9

Love this server list. One problem, though. I registered for an account on the website, and it told me a confirmation email would be sent within the next few minutes.. and if not, to check my Spam Folder. It's been nearly 30, and nothing in any folder.

Love this server list. One problem, though. I registered for an account on the website, and it told me a confirmation email would be sent within the next few minutes.. and if not, to check my Spam Folder. It's been nearly 30, and nothing in any folder.

Seems Google blocked me for appearing to be "spam", so I can't send emails out. I'll get this fixed soon though.

Thanks for the positive encouragement guys. I'd really appreciate any feedback any of you have to improve the site.

New Feature

I just added a feature where someone can "Claim" a server as theirs, which lets you add clan information and a description to your server. To claim a server just go to a server's page and at the bottom of the table it should say "claim this server". It's pretty simple, you just need to change your servers name for a few minutes for me to verify the ownership.

Let me know if you guys have any issues with the new feature or any new ideas.

Hi Stanlee, I really like the list.

I have found two errors:

1. I have claimed my server and changed the name, however it still has not claimed. I did accidently hit claim  twice so I'm not sure if the first code was replaced by the 2nd somehow.

2. When navigating to Check up on your claimed servers link, it bonks and takes me to HTTP 404 Not Found error.

Other than that I really like the look and feel of the list.

Bogart

1. I have claimed my server and changed the name, however it still has not claimed. I did accidently hit claim  twice so I'm not sure if the first code was replaced by the 2nd somehow.

Did you give it some time? Currently the check is every 10 minutes, so that might be why.

2. When navigating to Check up on your claimed servers link, it bonks and takes me to HTTP 404 Not Found error.

Could you provide me with an example link?

Thanks for the feedback and for reporting your issues :) Keep em coming!

Could you provide me with an example link?

Here is the link to the page that pops up on when when I click the hyperlink Check up on your claimed servers:

http://dayzserver.com/users/servers/%3E

Let me know if that is enough info for that error. As for #1, I will try and claim again tomorrow during the maintenance window. Thanks!

Bogart

• Like 1

Here is the link to the page that pops up on when when I click the hyperlink Check up on your claimed servers:

http://dayzserver.com/users/servers/%3E

Let me know if that is enough info for that error. As for #1, I will try and claim again tomorrow during the maintenance window. Thanks!

Bogart

I have gone ahead and fixed that link. Thanks for the heads up!

New Feature

I added an advanced search to the site that should be pretty useful. Now you can make sure that the search results give you servers that are not full, not empty, located in a certain country, and on a certain map.

As always, let me know how it works for you guys and if you have any more ideas/suggestions!

Is this list "live" ?

Good question. Right now the list queries the servers every 10 minutes, but I may make it quicker if the server load isn't too much.

Good question. Right now the list queries the servers every 10 minutes, but I may make it quicker if the server load isn't too much.

10 minutes is fine.

I commend your efforts. thank you

• Like 1

Excellent work.

Thanks. Glad you all like the site so much.

Edited by stanlee

I hope you've all been finding good use of the new advanced search feature. I'd just like to let you all know that I'm currently working on a system to automatically report servers to the hosting providers.

Automatically Find a Server's Provider and Report It

I'm currently in the early stages of developing a script to find a server's host just by plugging in the IP, requiring no work from the user reporting the server. All I plan on having the user do is providing a description of the violations, as well as a name and email so I can send their report to the server provider (no name and email will ever be saved!)

Automatic host-finding report feature should be done by tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think!

PS. I'm adding a list of features to the original post, to keep it organized.

Edited by stanlee

The automatic provider finder has been completed, and it's actually quite successful at what it does.

Easy Reporting: Find Hosting Provider Automatically

The script finds a majority of the server's hosting providers pretty easily by scanning the whois of the IP, and with 100% accuracy when it does. This should really help streamline the reporting process and help the server providers get an organized flow of information.

It's now live on all the server pages, so check it out and let me know how it goes!

Edited by stanlee

Can anyone tell me if they've had success with our reporting feature? Want to be sure it works for everyone out there.

Can anyone tell me if they've had success with our reporting feature? Want to be sure it works for everyone out there.

Yes, I've reported 3 servers that were breaking the rules and they instantly made tickets with the server host and the tickets were updated by those hosts within hours.  Seemed to work great for me.

• Like 2

Yes, I've reported 3 servers that were breaking the rules and they instantly made tickets with the server host and the tickets were updated by those hosts within hours.  Seemed to work great for me.

Absolutely fantastic! Great to hear that we've confirmed that it works. Thanks a ton.

• Like 2

yep report works great but I was using a free email for junk sites to send them as I really didnt care to use my real name nor real email address... and sometimes it would show up for there subject as [POSSIBLE SPAM] Server Violation Report

which is fine but noting that you should probably change the subject to

DayZ Server Violation Report

just so the hosts automatically know what games they are looking into right away and then know the rules right away.

and and when the script doesn't know which server maybe add an option to just send it to all hosts. instead of having us guess which.

Edited by s32ialx
  • Like 1

Just found this topic, checked the site and I will use it. Thanks for your hard work dude!

• Like 1