Sign in to follow this  
Jackgundy

Nerf Knocking Out

To me, it seems a bit absurd that my guy can take a bullet to the thigh and shrug that off and keep sprinting, but hours later when i'm all better be KO'd in one punch when i have a gas mask on by some fresh spawn. Even if i didn't have facial protection, I don't think a single blow to the face would be enough to knock me unconscious. It's very frustrating to save some guy from a zombie only to lose hours upon hours of gear from one punch. For the love of god, nerf this.

I don't think a single blow to the face would be enough to knock me unconscious.

You obviously were low on blood, or under some other effect.

I've never been one-conscioused, it takes about a dozen hits from a bat to knock me out. 

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Gecko, I was definitely not low on blood. For quite some time I had the "Healing" effect above my character, and after a while it simply read "Healthy" Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is a sign of being either very high or full on blood, no? Also, i'm not sure you understand what occurred. in Dayz, a blow to the face can knock you unconscious, or just multiple blows to anywhere. In my case, it was a single blow to the face.

Edited by Jackgundy

Health and blood are two different things.

And one punch to the head can in theory kill you, people come up on manslaughter charges like this all the time.  :(

Check this video and the follow up out for good explanation.

Edited by Survivor_Sabre

Im not sure what you are asking for, as far as im aware DayZ would like to be as realistic as possible.

Taking this feature out would be unrealistic.

There are many new "invisible" health features in dayz now.

One of them is Shock

if your shock goes higher than your current "Consciousness" lever then you pass out.

Shock only goes away with painkillers right now it seems.

Yes, depending on the technique one could theoretically knock someone unconscious, that doesn't mean every single time you get punched in the face you are going to be knocked out.

Yes, depending on the technique one could theoretically knock someone unconscious, that doesn't mean every single time you get punched in the face you are going to be knocked out.

Okay. That's exactly how it works in the game, so we're fine.

I have seen youtube videos of people having boxing matches and stuff, so im not sure if you have the full facts.

Edited by Skyline-GTR

No, I've been knocked out due to a punch in the face before but this is the first time it only took one punch. Like he hadn't even touched me before that.

You've obviously never seen people play the Knockout Game.

Punches will not always knock you out with one blow, it could be random.
For example this video you can see how the punches randomly knock out, sometimes 1, sometimes 3-4.

No, I've been knocked out due to a punch in the face before but this is the first time it only took one punch. Like he hadn't even touched me before that.

Hence you find a shotgun, saw it off, and the next time someone wants to try and PUNCH you in the face, you give them both barrels at point blank range. Problem solved, it does not need nerfing, just be more careful!

That's why we need a tackle feature , I like how the punch dazes people And I can usually pull it off in one hit as long as i run right up to the person and punch them in the face . But obviously tackle would be less random to knock down , but harder to implement I'm sure .

You obviously were low on blood, or under some other effect.

I've never been one-conscioused, it takes about a dozen hits from a bat to knock me out. 

Because bats swing in a path which never crosses the crosshair (as do most other melee weapons), it's hard to get "headshots" with it. With stabbing weapons and weapons which strike directly towards the crosshair you can get "headshots" with them by just aiming at the face, and fists KO players with 1-2 punches.

To me, it seems a bit absurd that my guy can take a bullet to the thigh and shrug that off and keep sprinting, but hours later when i'm all better be KO'd in one punch when i have a gas mask on by some fresh spawn. Even if i didn't have facial protection, I don't think a single blow to the face would be enough to knock me unconscious. It's very frustrating to save some guy from a zombie only to lose hours upon hours of gear from one punch. For the love of god, nerf this.

The effects of gunshot wounds are currently not very developed, they will be in the future, with broken bones, blurriness of vision, much faster bleeding out etc etc. I find it strange that you would suggest nerfing a working feature like punching in order for it to more resemble an unfinished feature.