Sign in to follow this  
Bogart (DayZ)

From Dusk till Dawn (173.199.104.128:2302)

Hello All,

I  wanted to hop in here to let you all know of a new server that a couple of co-workers and I have started for Dayz Standalone. Our goal is to start this server during Alpha and hopefuly build a solid user base throughout the development process.

Here is a little bit of information about the server. Please feel free to PM me if you would like any additional information.

Name: From Dusk till Dawn

IP: 173.199.104.128:2302

Server Location: Atlanta, USA

Hours: 24/7 Daylight (Sometimes Dawn & sometimes Dusk!)

3rd Person: OFF

Admins: Friendly/Active

Restart: Regular restarts for repopulation of Loot and Zombies

We are currently running a 30 person instance but can increase this number if we find we have a steady flow of people. 

Hope to see you in-game!

Bogart

Yeah, I like your attitude, but third person play is imperative to some people, and removes your awareness disadvantage in-game.

Don't listen to them, I prefer to not play with 3rd person, beyond being more immersive but more fair than people constantly using 3rd person to wait behind a wall and wait to see someone then shoot em down.

I will for sure join in on your server and help medic folks up  :)

I was asked a couple of questions via PM and figured I would share the Q. and A. here in the case others would be interested.

Q. Is PvP/KoS "put down" on this server?

A. We don't disapprove of PvP/KoS on the server(it's part of the game afterall) but we do have in the MOTD "Fun and Friendly"

Q. How many admins/mods are on this server (Estimated)?

A. Right now there are 4 admins. To be honest, at this point in Alpha, administration is very limited. 

Q. You said 24/7 Day, but sometimes Dawn and Dusk, so will it get a little darker than most 24/7 Day servers?

A. This is correct, the way we have the time set is that it goes from fairly bright out to a kind of "twilight".

Bogart

• Like 1

I just wanted to give some updated information.

Server restart time is at 5am EST. This gives a reset every 4 hours from there (9am, 1pm etc). Of course, this is until zombie and loot spawning begin to take effect.

The current time on the server is 7am. This time is currently allowing us to go from dark through the dawn transisiton.

Come on in and have some fun!!