sav112g

Will there be a reward system for characters that survive?

The Arabs say, A man who shaves his beard is ... either trying to look like a boy , or trying to look like a woman.

Only reward I'm looking for is player in my sight, preferably alive - it will be more fun this way.

Isnt that a good thing?

Yeah it is. lol idk why he said that.  People SHOULD be upset when they die.  Not go "Oh, lol better server hop Balota for some more guns trololo"

Also I'd love to see an in-game notification of how long you survived.  That'd be pretty cool.  And beards.

freaking Socrates over here

He's right though. If you need to be rewarded to play this game, it's just not for you.

I'd love a life Counter when you got killed on the death screen.

“ Joe le axe-7 hours”

“Mosin Pete  16 hours”

You cant use it for bragging rights as you could have played seven hours on servers different from everyone else and its just luck in the end.

I just think its alarming how easy it is just now playing in a group to get back within no time most of your gear. You hear on the streams after a fire fight, “I’ve spawned at X dam miles away hold on I’ll jump off this roof””  Then “I’ve spawned at Y be with you in ten minutes” Maybe certain spawns are locked close to the area you were killed. Yes its annoying not being able to get back quick to play with your mates in a squad, yes its going to take you half an hour to meet up. It is fair on the guy who shot you as your out of the fight and just reward for running out of cover like an arse. Hence dismissal of life has a time penalty that just might make you think twice about that risky balls to the wall move.

Part of the attraction I think after you get rid of cheats, Bugs etc should be it’s a killer when you lose your character. Right now for some reason there seems a lack of genuine fear when another person is seen the way the mod used to be. I cant put my finger on it, it could just be players have got used to death and not bothered now. I’ve got a win win situation having never played the Mod or SA yet so its going to scare the absolute crap out of me and I’m going to love it for it!

Edited by sav112

What do females get?

Nappy dugouts

There is only one imperitive in DayZ: SURVIVE! It is written bold in blood and violence across everything you see in Chernarus! You aren't given a reason to continue to live, and you shouldn't need one. Survival is the only reason and the only reward necessary.

'I DID THIS!' and the memory of the same, should be enough for anyone. If you need validation from the game engine or from your peers, then this may not be the game for you.

TBH, you're too focused on the gear. All well and good if that's what you're here for. Unfortunately, like too many other players, all you are seeing is the gear, and you're not actually seeing the game you are avoiding playing. I doubt you're actually seeing your character as distinct from the M4 they are carrying!

TL;DR: Validation should be done by the player. Skill/Reward systems actively take away from the anti-game nature of DayZ.

this man speaks the truth!

this man speaks the truth!

NO! i reFYOOZ to believe it!

I WANT MY UNIQUE GEAR FOR SURVIVING 200 HOURS!

*rolls around on floor throwing tantrum and crying*

• Like 1

The Arabs say, A man who shaves his beard is ... either trying to look like a boy , or trying to look like a woman.

Shows just how much they know!

any rewards should be lost when you will eventually die, and there will be no rewards ever.

hopefully this is true

Beards. The longer you live, the longer your beard.

f that i hate beards, and what? there's no way to shave your face in the apocalypse?

Beards. The longer you live, the longer your beard.

I like this

A reward system would be cool. As of right now after i get gear i want i then have nothing else to look forward to. Yeah I play and survive but honestly surviving is easy. Only thing you have to fear are other people.