Desert89

Bad community

So you need a post-nuclear landscape for people to shoot at each other?

People are murdering each other every day in Detrot and that's just a post-recession city in one of the richest countries on the planet. No nuclear bombs or zombies necessary. Just a bit of economic hardship and man's inhumanity to man.

Your concept of the goodwill people would show each other in this situation is hilariously naive.

Yes, some groups would form to protect and help the sick, weak and poor.

Other groups would form to absolutely pillage, rape and murder.

Anyway, if you want to form a group, go form a fucking group. Nothing is stopping you.

U MAD BRO? Perhaps because i couldn't give two motherfucking shits about your opinion on bandit identification and cant stand going in fucking circles with someone who clearly doesn't give a rats ass about other peoples point of view?

The people in Detroit are also still recovering from having a culture of violence due to the massive popularity of gangs in the 80s/90s. We'll see if it changes, lets hope so.

Should i wait for the apocalypse or it do now to form the group? Its a little unclear.

Edited by Thane

I think your forgetting that those people would be zombies. Right?

I'm simply saying that your vision is too positive, and you should consider that many people would go nuts cause there will be no more control, no more boudries, and this should not be underestimated.

Yeah, seriously. I'm here because I support this game - it has potential. However, it is lacking a lot. The interesting thing about Rust is that it isn't so different from DayZ, and yet the way people behave in that game, on the whole, is very different.

Moreover, why do you care? You joined like, yesterday. You don't get to kick me - or anyone else for that matter - out of the forums, so why don't you fuck off and mind your own business? Gonna throw more caps-lock my way? You're actually just proving the OP's point by beings such a prick.

I don't think the two games can even be compared... but its silly comparing Rust and saying its more "friendly"  the realism of Dayz compared to Rust makes them impossible to compare, that's all i'm saying.

I don't want to kick you, i just can't stand ppl who bitch about rust and still are on this comunity...

And btw...  i'd politely tell you not to curse at me.

Remember:

Violence (verbal in this case) ... is the last refuge of the incompetent.

• Like 1

I don't want to kick you, i just can't stand ppl who bitch about rust and still are on this comunity...

And btw...  i'd politely tell you not to curse at me.

Remember:

Violence (verbal in this case) ... is the last refuge of the incompetent.

"Bitch about Rust"? It's a valid comparison. They are very similar games. Besides, have you seen my post count? Obviously I support this game, and I don't see any reason why I can't support Rust as well. Verbal violence? Get over it. Logical fallacy is the refuge of the incompetent, and creating a false dilemma like "you can't like two different games at the same time" is a perfect example of such.

"Bitch about Rust"? It's a valid comparison. They are very similar games. Besides, have you seen my post count? Obviously I support this game, and I don't see any reason why I can't support Rust as well. Verbal violence? Get over it. Logical fallacy is the refuge of the incompetent, and creating a false dilemma like "you can't like two different games at the same time" is a perfect example of such.

if you say so.... dude

if you say so.

I have so many posts, clearly I must be contributing  :rolleyes:

I love how people on this forum manage to convince themselves that Rust is the exact same as DayZ. 20 hours into that game and I formed a town with 30+ people, all of us making a ruckus and generally failing at organizing ourselves - it was still hilarious. Granted, some people attacked us and whatnot, but that only increased the bond within our little township. Like it or not, that game does compel a much higher degree of teamwork than this one.

No matter what the anti-Rust crowd says, they can't remove the half a dozen people who have joined my Steam friends list because of that game. Friends from DayZ? Zero. Numbers don't lie.

i am not into teamwork that much! played terraria. had some fun.

what i did like about dark souls and demon souls. dayz makes perfect. its got a mic. an u can mess with paranoid people!

I have so many posts, clearly I must be contributing  :rolleyes:

Also, I agree that using curse/swear words, shows a lack of intelligence and creativity.

I think the argument for separate PVP and PVE servers is definitely valid...  I'd love to go on actual friendly servers.

- Based on actual PVP kills, not some kind of hat thing or whatever

(Off to play BF4 TDM now - where PVP should stay!)

I think the argument for separate PVP and PVE servers is definitely valid...  I'd love to go on actual friendly servers.

for now its pointless....   zombies now are not a threat.

I'm simply saying that your vision is too positive, and you should consider that many people would go nuts cause there will be no more control, no more boudries, and this should not be underestimated.

I agree with this.

People DEPEND on their religions, governments, and social hierarchies to tell them who they are and how to behave.

Religion shoulders the burdens and responsibilities associated with free thought and fear of the unknown, supplants them with a sensation of self righteousness and zeal they can harness to erase doubt.Government lends a sense of protection, purpose, and responsibility. Social hierarchies establish our -learned- taboos and practices. Our standards. It is not uncommon to slit the throat of our own individuality to feel like a loved member of the tribe or subculture we choose to join.

When these things disappear, the masks come off. People reveal how shallow and self-serving we all really are deep down. So much of ourselves are a front that many people live and die without achieving a modicum of self awareness. At the core of that facade is an animal out for it's own survival, comfort, and gratification. 

The long and short of it is.... When there is no one left to impress? Expect a human to respond with extreme cruelty to anything between her/him and her/his goal.

Edited by Rudette

U MAD BRO?

No, "bro." I'm not angry at all. Why would you think that? I just disagree with you regarding your assertions in this thread.

The people in Detroit are also still recovering from having a culture of violence due to the massive popularity of gangs in the 80s/90s. We'll see if it changes, lets hope so.

Okay. How about the murders in New Orleans, St. Louis, Baltimore, Newark, Oakland, Stockton, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Memphis, Buffalo...?

Why do you think the world would become less violent if a major disaster occurred? New Orleans after Katrina showed us that violence increases during a major disaster when law & order break down and people become frightened and desperate.

Some people would band together, others would not. Conflict would certainly be a daily part of life.

Should i wait for the apocalypse or it do now to form the group? Its a little unclear.

I presume you're already in a "group" now since you probably live near other humans and you don't try to murder them daily, but I assumed we were discussing analogies with respect to the game where the apocalypse has already happened.

Every one of your videos show people grouping up together, even if it is against other people

Which is happening constantly in DayZ. You can find innumerable videos on Youtube of people traveling and working in groups in DayZ. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I joined a clan my first day in the game and had dozens of people to play with in just a few hours' time. 

Your personal experience with Rust does not necessarily represent irrefutable facts about the game's ability to make people cooperate. You can google "Rust abuse" or "Rust cheating" and see that Rust has just as many issues with community violence, disagreements and harassment as DayZ.

Also, keep in mind that Rust is much further along w/ respect to their development schedule. It's an Early Access game, but it is clearly much more fully-featured than DayZ at the moment, and much closer to Beta or Release.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I have to say: The amount of bile and toxicity some members of the game hold because it's not played how they want it to be is always amusing!

Also, I agree that using curse/swear words, shows a lack of intelligence and creativity.

I disagree quite strongly.

So does this brilliant man:

• Like 1

Agree - right now it is pointless - just hope the Devs are keeping a beady eye on the discussions here...

Looking at the rest of the 'discussions' going on here, it always amazes me how people seem to come across; scared, angry, keyboard brave, young, old, ranting, kind, homicidal, etc...  I wonder what it would be like if we were all in a room chatting with the devs with a cup of tea and biscuit - very different, hilarious I recon - people wouldn't recognise the actual human from their posts.

There are some people out there who would even kill you, just to take off your pair of worn boots.

But to be honest such players are very few in numbers. The majority of KOS players are simply well equipped server hoppers who are trigger happy because they are in panic to loose their pristine stuff (which took approximately 5 hour of airbase farming) to some upcoming stranger, or they are already full geared and kill you because of plain boredom. 

Certainly wrong way to play DayZ .. and they will recognize it sooner or later.

Well, at the moment it's better to avoid hot-spots as a single player.

Team up with other players early in the game and you will be happy.

Edited by Brixxen

Just some off topic question, i tried the experimental version the other day and there was weather conditions like rain and storms, any of you know if tomorrow this will be added too?

I love how people on this forum manage to convince themselves that Rust is the exact same as DayZ. 20 hours into that game and I formed a town with 30+ people, all of us making a ruckus and generally failing at organizing ourselves - it was still hilarious. Granted, some people attacked us and whatnot, but that only increased the bond within our little township. Like it or not, that game does compel a much higher degree of teamwork than this one.

No matter what the anti-Rust crowd says, they can't remove the half a dozen people who have joined my Steam friends list because of that game. Friends from DayZ? Zero. Numbers don't lie.

As for the OP - well, welcome to the Hunger Games the Video Game + 10 whole zombies. Maybe it'll be a little more balanced once the environment changes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Oh man, your sample size is yourself? With anecdotal evidence. I'm convinced!

Seriously though, because of DayZ my Steam friends list doubled (now it's 30), and they are all from in-game encounters.

Not all of us are bashing Rust, but some of us have actually played it and run into the same KOS experience.

Also, they're not trying to be the same game, but people will always fanboy it up and argue which game is better as though they have massive stock in the company.

If you enjoy Rust more in its current state, go play Rust, have fun and be happy. I just wish people could do that without trudging back here and going, "have fun with your stupid shit game because you all have bad taste, LOLOLOL"

• Like 1

There are some people out there who would even kill you, just to take off your pair of worn boots.

But to be honest such players are very few in numbers. The majority of KOS players are simply well equipped server hoppers who are trigger happy because they are in panic to loose their pristine stuff (which took approximately 5 hour of airbase farming) to some upcoming stranger, or they are already full geared and kill you because of plain boredom. 

Certainly wrong way to play DayZ .. and they will recognize it sooner or later.

Well, at the moment it's better to avoid hot-spots as a single player.

Team up with other players early in the game and you will be happy.

There is no *right* or *wrong* way to play DayZ. I personally don't care for KoS but it's not up to me or anyone else to tell someone how they should enjoy a sandbox game; which is all DayZ is at the moment.

Over time as the community develops there will be both socially acceptable and unacceptable ways to play but that will be governed only by peer pressure. As long as there isn't an official DayZ bible with specific rules and target accomplishments in game it will be up to individuals to determine how they play the game and enjoy it. And that's the way it should be really. Otherwise it's just another game that leads everyone around by the hand. And if that were the case a metric crap ton of the current players would no longer be playing.

I personally get enjoyment out of playing the lone wanderer type just trying to survive another day. The threat of running into some sociopath in nothing but his undies adds tension to the game that wouldn't be there otherwise.

p.s. And no... I haven't found Vault 87 yet. I haven't found one anomaly yet either darn the luck...

Keep account of there alias and I'll axe them for you :D

It is unfortunately there survival technique given that they don't have to go around looking for items, you do all the hard work... Theres another technique were people camp the campers on spawn spots... That could work to your favor but I don't see you enjoying the idea of sitting there waiting.

I disagree quite strongly.

So does this brilliant man:

Stephen Fry is in fact a celebrity who can make money from appearances and such.

Therefore it is not too difficult to imagine that he would try to appeal to a large audience, e.g. uneducated people.

So, I say your example is flawed.

Dayz was designed to give people the freedom to do what they want. Many people who come to this game are sad, pathetic wastes of life who play only to troll people. They flock to Dayz because the game has so many ways for them to express their asshole side. Why do you think people nearly shit themselves when they removed AS50's and M107's from the mod? Not only could you kill from huge distances, you could even take down a helicopter full of people if you wanted. Why do you think people demand long range scopes at all for the guns? You definitely don't need them to deal with zombies. The trick is realizing that the game is what it is and dealing with it without allowing yourself to become like them or go play something else. 

• Like 1

Oh dear, another "blablabla they kill me again, this game sucks"

This game is trying to be something like a Zombie Apocalypse, and you complaining about being killed by some random guy???

What about you hunting these fuckers down and kill then? Or you could learn to be stealth...

Don't be a pussy cause you cant handle the game, apart form that, the game THERE'S NO RULE ABOUT HOW PEOPLE GONNA PLAY!!!!

Want some friendly game? Go play something like The Sims, where you can be happy and shit.

Stephen Fry is in fact a celebrity who can make money from appearances and such.

Therefore it is not too difficult to imagine that he would try to appeal to a large audience, e.g. uneducated people.

So, I say your example is flawed.

If you think Stephen Fry "appeals to the uneducated," you are completely unfamiliar with his work. He is one of the most brilliant humans of this generation. He's an award-winning documentary filmmaker, stage actor, playwright, linguist, author, comedian, political activist and humanitarian - working to further understanding and support for those with mental health problems as well as furthering LGBT rights. He has been called a national treasure and a living icon. I promise you he does not need to "make money from appearances and such" by using curse words.

You will forgive me if I put a little more stock in his discourse on the use of language and vocabulary than I do some random dickwhisker's on an internet discussion forum.

You're free to continue to disagree, so long as you're comfortable being completely wrong. The idea that using "dirty words" means you're less intelligent or possess a less-developed vocabulary is completely unsubstantiated hogwash. In other words, it's a bunch of fucking bullshit.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Son, think a bit. Use your brainpower, when they shoot you. 99% of the gear you got is destroyed. Good logic, shoot me and get useless gear...

1 bullet from a mosin, most of your stuff is still intact.