Sign in to follow this  
Blades421

Good or Bad?

Spotted 3 players on a highway so I followed them until they stopped at a well, then I ran up and made contact with them. They seemed like nice guys, one of them having more knowledge then the other two he was clearly showing them the ropes. I gave them each a canteen and directions and was on my marry way. Shortly after I arrived in Elektro, to see a man with full military gear and the same rifle as me sitting up on the hill looking through the town. Unknown of his intentions, I fired and killed him because my best guess is he was up to no good. Now having just made all that noise I laid very still and kept looking for other threats. Again, shortly after I see another man who seems to be very well off trying to loot my kill (I had not moved yet). He only had an M4 as was not a danger a that distance nor did he know where I was, I started to think he may grab the guys Mosin and start looking for me (maybe there buddies) or at the very least steal my loot off the dead guy...so again I fire and kill. Once up on the hill I looted what I needed and guarded the bodies until they were gone, then I headed out of the city.

is it wrong to shoot suspicious looking people? and is it wrong to shoot a loot thief lol?

Edited by Blades421

Depends, you could presume you were up to no good and killing him suggests you were. He could have been scouting for bandits, watching over Bambi's, who knows

Hey it's life or death in DayZ. I look at it as one less geared-up guy that could potentially kill me. 

I think you were just surprised you hit someone and decided to have another go.

/troll

• Like 4

I think you were just surprised you hit someone and decided to have another go.

/troll

Lol rudeness :(

It's all a matter of opinion. My opinion is that you did the right thing. Most people "stationary" in Elektro in a overwatch position are up to no good. Not to say he was lookin out for a buddy. If you saw people running here and there and he was not targeting them, I'd assume he was not a treat. .......It's hard to say.

You also said you guarded their bodies until they disappeared. Doesn't 'hide body' work any longer?

Zeo

Edited by Zeotrope

It's all a matter of opinion. My opinion is that you did the right thing. Most people "stationary" in Elektro in a overwatch position are up to no good. Not to say he was lookin out for a buddy. If you saw people running here and there and he was not targeting them, I'd assume he was not a treat. .......It's hard to say.

You also said you guarded their bodies until they disappeared. Does'nt 'hide body' work any longer?

Zeo

oh I do not know about the hide bodies in SA...maybe?

yeah I guarded them so I did not get shot in the back or have any bandits pick them up and reign terror in the city once I leave.

The word "wrong" does not apply to DayZ, you made a decision in your best interests and you're still alive here is your badge!  

• Like 2

Primary weapon on the coast = assumed scumbag, for me. I'm gonna be wrong sometimes but it's not worth taking the chance.

Not sure about the second guy. If I hadn't needed the loot I would have probably left him be, if there had been something in particular that I was hoping to find on the body then I more than likely would have shot him.

Like twin said - there isn't really a right and wrong in DayZ though.

Primary weapon on the coast = assumed scumbag, for me. I'm gonna be wrong sometimes but it's not worth taking the chance.

Not sure about the second guy. If I hadn't needed the loot I would have probably left him be, if there had been something in particular that I was hoping to find on the body then I more than likely would have shot him.

Like twin said - there isn't really a right and wrong in DayZ though.

What if you have shotgun? That's a weapon you could find in that town. I've never had one though. 

Only time i found a shotgun i had just run past a guy in a firestation with one saying "I won't kill you" and i went upstairs where a body was and went to grab it. The other guy came up and gave me both barrels.

I guess it was his buddy.

What if you have shotgun? That's a weapon you could find in that town. I've never had one though. 

Only time i found a shotgun i had just run past a guy in a firestation with one saying "I won't kill you" and i went upstairs where a body was and went to grab it. The other guy came up and gave me both barrels.

I guess it was his buddy.

Something like a naked Mosin or shotgun that could be reasonably found on the coast I would leave them be if I could hide. Depends on the situation though.

This is one of the things I love about DayZ...there isn't really a way of knowing if it was right or wrong, it's all up to you. If you're unsure, then it will forever remain unsure. Nobody can judge your thought process; if you felt it was right, then by all means.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

There is no good or bad on DayZ. Do what's necessary to keep yourself and/or others alive, even if that means killing people that are not aware of your presence.

Edited by AntonioAJC

why the rush? could of observed them for a while to see what they were up to & confirmed your suspicions rather than killing on assumption, but, sure its only a game what does it matter? right?

Edited by Calibre

Spotted 3 players on a highway so I followed them until they stopped at a well, then I ran up and made contact with them. They seemed like nice guys, one of them having more knowledge then the other two he was clearly showing them the ropes. I gave them each a canteen and directions and was on my marry way. Shortly after I arrived in Elektro, to see a man with full military gear and the same rifle as me sitting up on the hill looking through the town. Unknown of his intentions, I fired and killed him because my best guess is he was up to no good. Now having just made all that noise I laid very still and kept looking for other threats. Again, shortly after I see another man who seems to be very well off trying to loot my kill (I had not moved yet). He only had an M4 as was not a danger a that distance nor did he know where I was, I started to think he may grab the guys Mosin and start looking for me (maybe there buddies) or at the very least steal my loot off the dead guy...so again I fire and kill. Once up on the hill I looted what I needed and guarded the bodies until they were gone, then I headed out of the city.

is it wrong to shoot suspicious looking people? and is it wrong to shoot a loot thief lol?

Depends. I probably wouldn't have shot the first gun, at least not without seeing him shooting someone else (or shooting at me :)). I wouldn't have shot the other guy at all - the only reason he "looked suspicious" was your own paranoia. 

as a medic, i wear camo pants, olive raincoat, tacvest, tac helmet, gasmask, green montain pack, silenced M4 and a fire axe. if teamed up, one of us guards the acting medic and the patient from a vantage point, hardly discernible from a malevolent sniper.

this is dayz. things are not always as they seem.

In my opinion the first guy was a bandit, but you never know, he could have been waiting there to meet up with a friend.  The second guy was probably just an opportunist that was taking his chances to get some loot.  Or maybe he was the friend of the first guy you shot...   That's the beauty of the game, you have to make decisions when to kill or not and there are consequences to those decisions.

why the rush? could of observed them for a while to see what they were up to & confirmed your suspicions rather than killing on assumption, but, sure its only a game what does it matter? right?

well I did not want him to have a chance to shoot anyone while I figured my shit out lol

There's no black and white in DayZ. Just a whole lot of grey

In my opinion the first guy was a bandit, but you never know, he could have been waiting there to meet up with a friend.  The second guy was probably just an opportunist that was taking his chances to get some loot.  Or maybe he was the friend of the first guy you shot...   That's the beauty of the game, you have to make decisions when to kill or not and there are consequences to those decisions.

yeah I felt very strongly he was most likely a bandit, the way he was geared and the fact that, any sniper with some common sense wouldn't sit on a popular hill so close to the city edge...we take better cover and don't need the highest point.

I know I shouldn't judge a man by his gear, but everyone I see in Military equipment is usually a bandit / robber. I personally try to avoid certain gear and go with a more friendly look so that people will hopefully have a better idea that im not a bad guy. But of course it doesn't always work out that way hahaha.

Edited by Blades421

I tried to be nice in this game, I really did, but after the first few times of being killed I just decided to start killing on sight, and now I live longer. Moral of the story is, Kill or be Killed. 

well I did not want him to have a chance to shoot anyone while I figured my shit out lol

tell the truth, the adrenaline was coursing through your veins and you couldn't wait to pull the trigger, but stop trying to dress it up as something else, you seen a player, decided they need shot for nothing other than your assumption and that was good enough for you to pull the trigger. same for the 2nd guy, you're a stone cold killer.