Sign in to follow this  
Snaftii (DayZ)

DayZ Standalone In Depth Guide on the shotgun/sawed-off

I've never seen one ingame ;(

I begin to hate these M4's ... 

ikr! the more guns coming out the less enjoyable the m4 or mosin will be

I've never seen one ingame ;(

I begin to hate these M4's ... 

Well dont. M4 currently is much better than the shotgun. It needs buffed majorly. Short range it leaves alot to be desired. Numerous times i've unloaded on a bandit in a house and he kind of just shrugged them off and returned fire w/ a M4 killing me. Mosin w/ one shot to the chest is a kill. M4 will take two shots to the chest to kill. Shotgun takes more than two at the moment which is quite ridiculous. I'm sure it'll get some love soon though.

is this taken from the experimental or the stable? in the experimental the shotgun dispersion was meant to be reduced, meaning more accurate. 

The update is going to make the sawed off take 5 slots across.

Yea I had a sawn-off shotgun and a standoff with 2 guys in the guardhouse at green mountain. Despite my warnings via VOIP, they didn't respond and tried to enter the building anyway. I was at the corner by the stairs looking at the front door (4 meters maybe away from the door) first guy comes in, I blap him in the chest with one shell and nothing. Well I saw the blood and saw him bleeding but, no fucks were given. Same with his m8 who tried to come in as well shortly after. Blap him in the chest with one shell, nada. Lucky for me my m8 was close by flanking around them as I kept them busy and we (well he) ended up killing both.

TL;DR sawn-off shotgun is crap, maybe it'll be better with the buff but I doubt it.

Edited by weedmasta

Well dont. M4 currently is much better than the shotgun. It needs buffed majorly. Short range it leaves alot to be desired. Numerous times i've unloaded on a bandit in a house and he kind of just shrugged them off and returned fire w/ a M4 killing me. Mosin w/ one shot to the chest is a kill. M4 will take two shots to the chest to kill. Shotgun takes more than two at the moment which is quite ridiculous. I'm sure it'll get some love soon though.

Shotguns fuck around indoors, pellets hit in invisible walls etc. I once tried to shoot another player in Berezino school like from feet away in entry hall but the pellets just somehow disappeared and they made the ricochet sound. At least the dude I was aiming scared shitless and logged out.  :P  The building and trees don't also stop bullets from time to time, making cover useless. It's real pain in the ass and makes CQC combat in cities almost impossible. I hope they fix that soon.