thebluefish92

Helicopter crash sites

So I've noticed that Helicopter crash sites aren't particularly random, I've seen one in the same spot on at least 2 different servers. This got me thinking that if we could bring together a map, we might be able to scope out all possible sites.

So if anyone wants to chip in by marking the location of any crashes you've found, we can start compiling a map of their locations. I've only got one location currently =/

I've found one between Kozlovka and the Green Mountain. I don't know the exact spot anymore, maybe someone can help out.

found one on four different servers. just SE of the NW airfield.

from a programmers point of view you know that there is no such thing as "/random" ;)

from a programmers point of view you know that there is no such thing as "/random" ;)

I respectfully disagree' date=' and argue that for the purposes of video games, PRNGs are so seemingly random nobody would notice.

And no, I am not saying the helicopter sites are random - I highly doubt it. Just saying, from a programmer's point of view, there is a such thing as random (even without HRNGs or PRNGs)

Yes. The crashed helicopter sites spawn in predetermined locations.

I'm currently on a quest to mark the positions myself.

So I've noticed that Helicopter crash sites aren't particularly random' date=' I've seen one in the same spot on at least 2 different servers. This got me thinking that if we could bring together a map, we might be able to scope out all possible sites.

So if anyone wants to chip in by marking the location of any crashes you've found, we can start compiling a map of their locations. I've only got one location currently =/

[/quote']

I can add 2 locations to your map - both near south west from Veresnik hill (south from between Vybor and Kabanino) in the same square I believe. I have seen one from Deer Stand and when I came closer I saw another one . Also I've found there a tractor with broken engine and fuel tank.

I thought same as you that these locations aren't so 'random', checked 40 servers staring at the same place with no result. Bad luck or they're actualy that random ;)

I logged out to do some work arround home and when I logged back on the same server 30 minutes later both of them were gone. I'm not sure if they disappeared or in those 30 minutes there actualy was server restart.

Good idea , remove a bit more mystery from the game ;) I hope your wrong, and if you arent, I hope Rockets makes them truly random.

Oh and another thing - one of helis didn't have any items dropped. Sometimes they can be found under the heli (someone posted youtube vid about this but that solution didn't work for us either) - we couldn't get to juicy loot so I hit the ground and I was sneaking like mad to get that loot. I was near the tail, looking to heli's front and missclicked W with E (was on the left side) - rolled into Heli and that caused to broke my bones, getting uncautious, bleeding. I would propably die if there was no mate with me. He patched me up when I reached 6k blood extremaly fast and you won't believe. Loot actualy DID appear on the floor arround Heli. We found M107 and Ghilie camo suit (and FL rifle and M14 rifle with colimator). And then someone attacked us, killed my friend with headshoot. He didn't manage to press alt+f4 in time (by the way it's so unlucky that I'm again on 3 person server and get attacked in the middle of fucking nowhere xD) so he died AND his body disappeared. I managed to kill that bastard and take his Bizon SD. Funny thing is I went back to the first chopper after that and... found another Bizon o.o (and it wasn't there for 100%)... I went back to 2nd chopper where my friend was killed.... and another suprise - in the same place, near tail - another Bizon SD magicaly reappeared o.0 So now I have 1 Bizon SD in my backpack (I run with DRM) and 5 clips for it. 64 bullets each... silenced... (dear bandits, prepare your anus for ultimate Splinter Cell PENETRATION!)

Found my first heli crash today. It was just northwest of Zub Castle in the field between the castle and the road into Vyshnoye. Had an M107 with a few mags and a box which contained 30 STANAG mags and 20 STANAG SD mags. Came under fire as i was looting the M16 mags but still managed to get away with 12 fully loaded mags and legged it into the forest!

Took about 10 minutes for my heartrate to return to normal lol

Oh and another thing - one of helis didn't have any items dropped. Sometimes they can be found under the heli (someone posted youtube vid about this but that solution didn't work for us either) - we couldn't get to juicy loot so I hit the ground and I was sneaking like mad to get that loot. I was near the tail' date=' looking to heli's front and missclicked W with E (was on the left side) - rolled into Heli and that caused to broke my bones, getting uncautious, bleeding. I would propably die if there was no mate with me. He patched me up when I reached 6k blood extremaly fast and you won't believe. Loot actualy DID appear on the floor arround Heli. We found M107 and Ghilie camo suit (and FL rifle and M14 rifle with colimator). And then someone attacked us, killed my friend with headshoot. He didn't manage to press alt+f4 in time (by the way it's so unlucky that I'm again on 3 person server and get attacked in the middle of fucking nowhere xD) so he died AND his body disappeared. I managed to kill that bastard and take his Bizon SD. Funny thing is I went back to the first chopper after that and... found another Bizon o.o (and it wasn't there for 100%)... I went back to 2nd chopper where my friend was killed.... and another suprise - in the same place, near tail - another Bizon SD magicaly reappeared o.0 So now I have 1 Bizon SD in my backpack (I run with DRM) and 5 clips for it. 64 bullets each... silenced... (dear bandits, prepare your anus for ultimate Splinter Cell PENETRATION!)

[/quote']

Damn nice m8. I'll start preparing a map to mark locations later today.

Two more

On the NWAF on the taxiway next to the southern barracks

Just west of Krastonav across the road from the brown house with the deer stand next to it

Did nobody notice that guy thebluesfish92 commented that his buddy couldn't alf + f4 fast enough, sigh

(dear bandits' date=' prepare your anus for ultimate Splinter Cell PENETRATION!)[/quote']

I'd give you a run for your money, provided you didn't pussy out and

press alt+f4 in time

That playstyle really pisses me off.

Oh and another thing - one of helis didn't have any items dropped. Sometimes they can be found under the heli (someone posted youtube vid about this but that solution didn't work for us either) - we couldn't get to juicy loot so I hit the ground and I was sneaking like mad to get that loot. I was near the tail' date=' looking to heli's front and missclicked W with E (was on the left side) - rolled into Heli and that caused to broke my bones, getting uncautious, bleeding. I would propably die if there was no mate with me. He patched me up when I reached 6k blood extremaly fast and you won't believe. Loot actualy DID appear on the floor arround Heli. We found M107 and Ghilie camo suit (and FL rifle and M14 rifle with colimator). And then someone attacked us, killed my friend with headshoot. He didn't manage to press alt+f4 in time (by the way it's so unlucky that I'm again on 3 person server and get attacked in the middle of fucking nowhere xD) so he died AND his body disappeared. I managed to kill that bastard and take his Bizon SD. Funny thing is I went back to the first chopper after that and... found another Bizon o.o (and it wasn't there for 100%)... I went back to 2nd chopper where my friend was killed.... and another suprise - in the same place, near tail - another Bizon SD magicaly reappeared o.0 So now I have 1 Bizon SD in my backpack (I run with DRM) and 5 clips for it. 64 bullets each... silenced... (dear bandits, prepare your anus for ultimate Splinter Cell PENETRATION!)

[/quote']

You basically just confessed to cheating there.

(dear bandits' date=' prepare your anus for ultimate Splinter Cell PENETRATION!)[/quote']

I'd give you a run for your money, provided you didn't pussy out and

press alt+f4 in time

That playstyle really pisses me off.

This. And he even said he was playing on a server with only 3 people (of which one was his friend)... Such a pussy way to avoid bandits. I'm glad your friend got killed.

One in the fields to the East of Pustoshka/South of Vybor (1 click) - I had only a Winchester so chose to make a tactful retreat.

Another West South/West of the Military Tents in Berezino (1 click) - had an M16, took out the zombie crew and finally found a camo-suit (yay) but was playing a chick and couldn't wear it (boo)...

We've got a list of 21 helo crash sites, all confirmed to have loot.

Selling the list, 105 euros for all of them ;)

Did nobody notice that guy thebluesfish92 commented that his buddy couldn't alf + f4 fast enough' date=' sigh

[/quote']

Stop whining you noob. If it's in the game it's in the game as the griefers would say. Suck it up or stop playing.

First of all DO NOT RUSH on freshly created servers cos heli crashes apperar randomly within a time, not instantly from server start. They can appear in 3 hours for example.

Second, those places are randomized BUT there are some areas where they like to crash more frequently, for example plain areas.

Stop whining you noob. If it's in the game it's in the game as the griefers would say. Suck it up or stop playing.

That's not whining, mate, that's a sigh of exasperation. Whether it's in the game or not, it's sad to see people abuse the mechanics to get out of sticky situations by Alt-F4ing.

It would also be nice to see helicopter crash sites spawn more randomly, maybe with some in the middle of forests, with some knocked down trees etc around them. It's going to be difficult to create a truly random spawn for them though, without risking clipping/badly placed crash sites.

Once this info is collated and out the sites will become much more hotly contested. I've yet to even find one myself - I think I've been sticking to the forests too much...

Did nobody notice that guy thebluesfish92 commented that his buddy couldn't alf + f4 fast enough' date=' sigh

[/quote']

It's pussies like you and anyone who alt+F4s from a gun fight scared to lose their heads and gear who should be banned from the game. It's pussies like you who spawn into the air fields and loot the place and jump to another server. It's pussies like you who cheat cause you have no back bone or balls. It's pussies like you who I would love to kick in the balls and beat your face in until theres nothing left but mashed skin, hair and bone.

Heres some coordinates:

(045077)

(040067)

(058058)

(107043)

(104060)

I've found others, but forgot to take coords at the time. It seems if you can see the fire and smoke rolling from the helos, night time is the best time to find them.

From my understanding, the locations in which a helicopter may spawn are fixed, and it is from that subset that the server picks from upon reboot to actually place them. Whether or not a particular location spawned one is left to chance.