Sign in to follow this  
SyL3X

It takes balls not to combat log...

No wonder why Rust grows bigger.

I think Rust has its fair share of hackers too, Youtube it and you will see.. 

I've yet to run into a hacker to be honest, I guess I'm just lucky!

Go download APB, dat hacks!

The only thing DayZ had to brag about was the absence of hackers. Now it's falling apart. No wonder why Rust grows bigger.

If you're going to let a couple of hackers dictate what games you play, you'll be looking at a very small selection. Rust has it's share as well and is doing much less to combat them.

Edited by Dallas

Kind of hard to put Rust and DayZ on the same field. I like being able to find my bearings in DayZ (never thought I'd say that) while in Rust, I like building shit. Oh, and hunting.

They just seem to different to me.

Heh, that's kind of why I was playing rust, for the building aspect but the funny thing is, I get lost in rust all the time and yet in DayZ, I know where I am on a map that is 10 times if not larger than rust lol

i have yet to see a hacker in DayZ..

i watched towelliees livestream though when he came across a guy who spawned a house in the middle of cherno and drove it around, so there's that..

but thats actually not unexpected, there is still a lot of legacy code and the whole codebase is still a WIP, so there is definitely room for exploits. its obviously not comparable to the mod (oh the thunderdome) and im pretty impressed with it so far

200 hours, hant seen 1 hacker, maybe one, it was probelby a glitch but I heard a person in the middle of nowhere, and I had a group of 4 pairs of eyes looking around and no one saw a thing

The problem with hackers are 2 fold.

1. They are out there and they are assholes about it. The ESP hacks are the most obvious, coupled with .pbo wall hacking makes for a bad time. My team was scattered throughout Kamyshovo and a guy ran behind the industrial building with his scoped Mosin. He was the only person on the server besides me and 4 friends. We didn't shoot at him, but suddenly he shoots through 2 buildings and kills me. Okay.

Mind you, my other friends were hidden behind trees, in a Bush and one prone behind the train station and this guy picked us all off with one shot each.

2. Desync caused non cheating players to appear they're up to something. I've had people look like they were teleporting all over the map while later I get accused of the same while trying to punch a bandit.

Bottom line is that it's hard to tell who is legit and who is cheating.... sometimes. Outside of the cheater I mentioned above, I haven't run into any one I could certainly say, "He's cheating".

P.S. - I did have one wild experience in Balota where one guy had a shotgun. There were 3 of us raiding the east jail, and any time this guy got close to one of us our characters holstered their weapons and couldn't pull them out again. One friend ran away and after a certain distance got his Mosin out, but as soon as the guy got within 50 meters, the Mosin got put away and my friend got shot.

Very odd, but I don't know how a hack could do that, so it may have been another crazy bug.

No matter what, there will ALWAYS be someone that gets there kicks from fucking up your game.

Like the assholes who actually prevent people from playing..... DDoS attacks.  I'd rather deal with hackers lol

Edited by Caboose187

Like the assholes who actually prevent people from playing..... DDoS attacks.  I'd rather deal with hackers lol

Yes, having people completely undermine and eliminate the integrity of a game, permanently, is definitely better than not being able to play it for a few hours.  These are definitely the kind of intelligent posters we need giving feedback for DayZ...

If you guys really think that people can't and haven't ported over scipts and menus into DayZ, you're kidding yourselves.  Are they everywhere, running rampant?  No.  Were they ever that way on Arma 2?  Nope.  You had and still have the small community of dickless douchebags that somehow get some sociopathic fun out of ruining everyone else's.  They never go away, that community never really gets much bigger, but it never really gets much smaller either.

Yes, having people completely undermine and eliminate the integrity of a game, permanently, is definitely better than not being able to play it for a few hours.

I see no basis in reality of what you are saying.

I will generalize here because if I dont then there would be no way to distinguish a hacker from a DDOS attack in this scenario. (note both are hacking)

So a hacker in a game, usually will go to one server and may dominate the opposition. Tempoary solution: Go to a different server. Long term solution: None as of Jan 2014.

So a DDOS attack on a game, lets say on the main hive, will disable the game for however length of time. Tempoary solution: None. Long term solution: None as of Jan 2014

You must be lost, these aren't the Rust forums.

That makes no sense. I know where I am. OP stated DayZ was losing out to rust because of all the hackers so I posted a link for the OP (a google search for Rust hackers) to show how prevalent they are. Any review of the link will show Rust suffers from a multitude of hackers.

I think maybe YOU need to check your head because it's malfunctioning.

Edited by Sinphaltimus