Sign in to follow this  
Swaee

How I Play As A Bandit.

Today, I ran into elektro with nothing. I went straight to the school, third floor. Found a Mosin, and a compensator. Found myself some ammo. Found another player going into the school, followed him. He said "Don't shoot I'm friendly" I said... "I'm friendly too, please don't kill me" He ran outside and I ran too. We chatted for a bit, he asked if I needed anything I said no, I asked if he needed anything and he said no.

He started to say his goodbyes and I said wait! I have something for you hold on, let me drop it.

Pulled out my mosin and shot him in the chest. He died. I said, on second thought I want your backpack and food and that was the end of that.

Is this type of playing frowned upon? What's wrong with it? I always see people complaining about bandits. I didn't KoS him, I tricked him into thinking I was friendly then killed him and took his gear. What's so bad about that? Isn't that one of the ways DayZ is meant to be played? Betrayal is fun.

• Like 5

Those people who insist on making friends with total strangers when there is no bandit/hero/survivor skins and non-exploitable humanity system are just asking for it.

You did a good deed.

Those people who insist on making friends with total strangers when there is no bandit/hero/survivor skins and non-exploitable humanity system are just asking for it.

You did a good deed.

yay

It's not 'good' to shot some1 in back, but it's part of the game as is. Normal, fun, or whatever. And this kind of things give to atmosphere Day Z have atm, unlike KOS everything :)

Was fair, and you did the banditry thing, which is fine...

but...

That is the lowest of all banditry. Pretending to be a good person. A true bandit can deceive without having to act like a friendly person.

Although thats all on you.

Good kill, and atleast you didnt KOS.

so you shot him in the chest and ruined his backpack and all the food?  Lol maybe you are not the best bandit...

• Like 2

man I can't fault you... we're all playing the game how we want and all..... but thats a major league dick-move dude. after dying 3 times in 3 days to similar situations I'm pretty much over talking to people 100% because of people like you.

gotta love the anonymity of the internet i guess.

Agree, you failed, when the experimental will turn stable all you shoot before think will get unusable items. Thats why i love experimental  more then stable

You did a good deed.

you know that victim blaming quit being a valid argument in the 1950s right?

All the ruined food was still edible and I didn't have any issues, the backpack was ruined but I guess I didn't really need it anyway since I had one. He didn't really have much else, some handcuffs, a shotgun and some other stuff.

Today, I ran into elektro with nothing. I went straight to the school, third floor. Found a Mosin, and a compensator. Found myself some ammo. Found another player going into the school, followed him. He said "Don't shoot I'm friendly" I said... "I'm friendly too, please don't kill me" He ran outside and I ran too. We chatted for a bit, he asked if I needed anything I said no, I asked if he needed anything and he said no.

He started to say his goodbyes and I said wait! I have something for you hold on, let me drop it.

Pulled out my mosin and shot him in the chest. He died. I said, on second thought I want your backpack and food and that was the end of that.

Is this type of playing frowned upon? What's wrong with it? I always see people complaining about bandits. I didn't KoS him, I tricked him into thinking I was friendly then killed him and took his gear. What's so bad about that? Isn't that one of the ways DayZ is meant to be played? Betrayal is fun.

Yes and no only real problem is you shot him and ruined his gear which is what you were after. Next time hold him up make him drop it if he doesn't then you are justified to shoot. Since we are all "police" and if people don't comply we are "allowed" to use force on the subject.  ;)

I mean yes they type of hi I'm friendly BOOM BOOM BANG BANG banditry is the lowest form of criminal in DayZ but its also the world we live in, in DayZ. Just try to be a higher level of criminal next time make a good funny video and you might be some ones hero for the day.  :thumbsup:

To me, players behaving like OP just come across as those kids bullied at school.
I guess it's better that they can vent their frustration in the game instead of kicking puppies and shit but c'mon! Man up!

Who on earth can feel good about killing an unarmed, unaware trusting dude even if it's just a game? I really don't get it. Where's your pride for god's sake?

I say: If the dude had a gun, i would've stated giving him 15 seconds before i killed him so he's got chance to say a prayer, run for his life or put up a fight, whatever but give them a fighting chance and you'll feel even better for killing them afterwards. Challenge yourself!

And it's no carebearing either. If it's ready fight, it's a target. If not, it's something else to me.

• Like 2

Reeks of trollpost.

You want a cookie?

That is still being an asshole

All of those ruined items will be worthless by the end of next week.

To each their own.

Personally I'm a backpack bandit.. I dont run around with my own, I go for yours.

If i see someone with no backpack I dont bother..

If they have a backpack but no gun armed(melee weapons are fine), ill try and rob them and take their backpack without killing them.

If they try to run or arm a gun, ill shoot and take their backpack from their corpse as well as any food i can fill it with. Once im out of food and use of the backpack, I'll toss it away and look for my next backpack to rob.

If you have a gun armed already and a backpack, you're pretty much dead and your backpack is mine.

Sometimes this doesnt work out in my favor, but its fun.

• Like 1

One dude found me and we chatted for a bit, I asked if he had water and he said, "oh, you want water don't you? here's your water!" and he started cutting me with the axe. I only had my fists. Punched him in the face and he fell unconcious. Freaking Mike Tyson over here! 

This is why we need identifiers of hero / bandit status.

This is why I KOS everyone I see instead of helping.

I don't care if you want to play this way, but there should be some indicator of bandit / hero status.

And yes it is KOS if you trick someone, only to kill them when they get closer to you.  Which I am perfectly OK with.  You can KOS all you want.

To me, players behaving like OP just come across as those kids bullied at school.

I guess it's better that they can vent their frustration in the game instead of kicking puppies and shit but c'mon! Man up!

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

Edited by 1S1K-Airborne
  • Like 1

so you shot him in the chest and ruined his backpack and all the food?  Lol maybe you are not the best bandit...

Why does it matter if it says ruined? Doesn't it function the same way still?

Why does it matter if it says ruined? Doesn't it function the same way still?

some things like can openers still function but they will break eventually apperently.  Things you combine are fine, like string and a burlap sack will be pristine when you combine them into a backpack.

However, food can't be eaten, bandages can't be used, morphine and epi's can't be used, canteens can't be used, weapons won't work, ammo won't work.

Ruined backpack or clothes will enentually degrade the quality of everything inside them, and provides no bleed/impact protection.  So yeah, ruined stuff pretty much is useless.

At least  you interacted with him...

...but you're still a shitty player.

A good player doesn't need to kill people for their gear.

A good player doesn't shoot unarmed players.

Basically, as said above.. if you want to be a bandit, I have no problem with it.. But be the "good" kind of bandit. Hold people up. Takes a lot more experience/skill, and also provides a lot better game play.

What's more rewarding? Shooting someone in the back who's unarmed... Or getting in a prolonged fire-fight with equally armed people, and winning?

What's more rewarding? Shooting someone who thinks you're friendly, and then taking their broken gear? Or holding that person up, taking all their PRISTINE gear, then forcing them to run away naked?